Lactose intollerance HELP needed..

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Kaf, 13 October 2009 Social URL.

1. Kaf

Kaf Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Im Lactose intollerant and today have very bad stomache cramps which felt very familiar to the pain i get when ive had dairy. This is the first time in 3 weeks ive had this, it was about 30 minutes after having a shake (which is when i usually get a reaction) i just wondered if anyone else is Lactose intolerant who is doing this, has had a problem with the shakes?
    Greatful of ANY help

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    hi kaf

this may be a really silly question - but are you having the lactose-free shakes and soups?

4. Kaf

Kaf Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    only the cappocino i dont like the others. So they are all have some kind of dairy in it. im just dont understand if i could have had a reaction 3 weeks in, im soo confused.

5. Davinababe

Davinababe Full Member

Hiya

have you tried all the lactose free flavours, Chocolate, Vanilla, choc orange, leek and potato and mushroom soup?

Davina

6. Kaf

Kaf Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i have and i really dont like them...and my CDC doesnt stock the LF choc, choc orange and vanilla.

7. Nicki-M

Nicki-M Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8lb(37.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Kaf,
    I'm slightly lactose intolerant...if I have too much dairy..I get stomach cramps and then this is followed by foul smelling yellow poopydoops...(sorry for the TMI)..but figured that as CD usually makes people constipated then I would be ok and I have been...until the last 5 or 6 weeks...I then got extremely constipated. You should maybe try and stick with the LF products if it is making you ill or maybe introduce a meal so you only have to have less packets.
    Sorry I wasn't much help.

8. Kaf

Kaf Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    ive tried the LF products and dislike very much. im going to try a normal one tomorrow and if im ill then maybe re think the CDdiet.

9. Pandora Ghengis

Pandora Ghengis forgive the silly name

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It might be worth contacting other CDCs in your area to see if they stock the LF flavours you haven't tried, because I think they're quite nice.

10. Lise_79

Lise_79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.29%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi,

I'm really, really lactose intolerant but haven't ever had a problem with any of the shakes. I just find that I don't tend to get constipated. The fact that you haven't had any problems in the first three weeks suggests to me that this is something else. Are you getting a change in bowel habit? Perhaps you could try splitting the shakes so that there's not such a 'load' for your tummy/bowels to handle. That might help with the cramping?

Hope it sorts itself out.

Lisa

11. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    i'm slightly concerned that your CD wont order in some LF products for you hun! Might be worth contacting other CDC's in the area as although the LF soups arent great, the LF choc, choc/orange are delicious!
    Agree with op about splitting shakes in half to maybe be a little more gentle on your tummy....and its worth getting checked out by the dr's too just in case its something non-cd related (although dr's usually blame the diet in most cases anyway lol)

Hope you find a way round this as CD really does work hun :D

x

12. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    I agree with the other lovely ladies here about contacting another CDC to try some of the other products - I LOVE the vanilla with really cold water - tastes like melted ice cream, and the chocolate is gorgeous when hot.

13. xtwinklex

xtwinklex Eat to live don't live to eat!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Kaf, I'm lactose and wheat intolerent so thought I would have probs with most of the shakes/soups but to my surprise I haven't had any problems with cramping or bloating which I usually do with dairy/wheat products, the only thing I found is with certain ones I was slightly more windy (sorry if tmi lol)

I think you should defo try and get the lf ones, I had leek & potato soup every day as its yummy!

Hope you feel better soon hun x

14. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    Mrs LJ has this problem, though she is ok with the bars. Maybe give them a try?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.