Ladies - How Does Your Time of The Month Affect Your Losses?

Ladyshopper

I am just curious to know if anyone has been adversely affected?

I am on week 2, day 13, and so far haven't lost a single 1lb this week, and to be honest am gutted. Weigh in day is Saturday so a miracle might happen between now and then, but I doubt it!

I know when doing Slimming World I tended to weigh heavier the week before I was due on (am due on this weekend), but I assumed on this diet I would still lose something.

I must be honest and say that there was night this week when I cheated, I believe it was Monday or Tuesday night. I had some babybell light cheeses, 12 to be precise. However, this would be 480 calories and no carbs, so presumably only just over what people are having when they add a meal in, and it was only the one night. Other than that I haven't deviated from the diet, and have made sure I have drunk at least 2 litres of water a day.

I have to be honest, its not exactly motivating when the scales aren't moving. I was fully prepared for a smaller loss than last week, but not to lose at all?

I def lose less during the week before I'm due. Don't worry too much as you know what's causing it and may well find you have a big loss next week.
I weigh twice a week and sometimes find I've only lost 1lb at my mid weigh in then up to 3lb when I do my official one. Stick with it and just remember as women we have this cross to bear!

Sometimes I hate being a woman!!

My poor DD started her periods this week to, she is only 11 bless her. Sure I was about 14 or even 15 when I started.

I had my TOTM during my first week and lost 5lbs. Altho it seems like a not bad loss, many ppl lose more than 10lbs on there first week so yeah it affects me lol xx

I am just curious to know if anyone has been adversely affected?

I am on week 2, day 13, and so far haven't lost a single 1lb this week, and to be honest am gutted. Weigh in day is Saturday so a miracle might happen between now and then, but I doubt it!

I know when doing Slimming World I tended to weigh heavier the week before I was due on (am due on this weekend), but I assumed on this diet I would still lose something.

I must be honest and say that there was night this week when I cheated, I believe it was Monday or Tuesday night. I had some babybell light cheeses, 12 to be precise. However, this would be 480 calories and no carbs, so presumably only just over what people are having when they add a meal in, and it was only the one night. Other than that I haven't deviated from the diet, and have made sure I have drunk at least 2 litres of water a day.

I have to be honest, its not exactly motivating when the scales aren't moving. I was fully prepared for a smaller loss than last week, but not to lose at all?

You can just blame this week on cheating, now you know in your mind if you eat anything outside what you're meant too then you wont lose weight. Remember it and it might stop you next time.

I am on the monthlys and i lost 5lbs also and this is week 4 for me so im pleased x

Hi Ladyshopper,
I'm the same as you and hardly lose anything usually on my totm week, I'm sure it's a hormonal thing and fluid retention.
Stay away from the cheese, very salty and that amount will make you retain fluid too.
If it is a bit of fluid retention, I read somewhere that the way to help get rid of it is to drink even more water?!?!?!?!
Anyway, keep your chin up, at the end of the day, if you are taking in less cals then you are using, then you have to lose weight, no maths required lol x

Thanks kaka. God, I can't drink any more water than I already am, my poor bladder can't cope already! I have a very weak bladder and am constantly running to the loo at the best of times, so this is sending it into overdrive.

I will stay away from the cheese, it was a one off binge. Its my birthday today, and original plan was to go out for dinner with the kids after pictures (we're seeing Toy Story 3 :D), but decided this week that I'm not going to bother with dinner as I want to stay on track, and blowing it all for one day just isn't worth it.

Happy Birthday, have a fab day, stick a candle in your bar so you can sing happy birthday lol x

Thanks dietkitty and kaka, and happy birthday to dietkitty's son!

I normally have the bar for lunch, but we are going to see Toy Story 3 tonight and will be there at the usual time I have tea, so have saved my bar to eat there and had soup for lunch!

Back