ladies i have a hugh hugh favour to ask

metrognome

is getting better at it
i dont know if this is in the right place if not please move to somewhere else :D

when you all post your lovely recipes and daily menus would it be possible to state wether the dish can be frozen pretty please, :p as its only me going to eat the food it would be good to know, i see all these great recpies and dont cook them as i dont want to waste the food
thank you :D

Will do Kaz. X

To be honest, I freeze everything! I really can't think of any meal that you wouldn't be able to freeze and re-heat later!

You're not meant to freeze rice as it can give you food poisoning afterwards apparently! Also, some sauces can split if you freeze them and won't go back together again afterwards (especially if they're cheese or milk based). Other than that, most stuff can be frozen although expect things to sometimes be a bit mushy!

sorry should have put ladies and gents :booboo:
:D:D

:busted: :whistle: it's ok, I was only kidding, I've not seen a single recipe yet posted by a guy! This is very much a ladies forum :girlpower: and I'm just grateful that us guys are allowed on it too :character00115: :character0053:

It isn't scary being surrounded by women, honest :hide:

It isn't scary being surrounded by women, honest :hide:[/QUOTE]

but you love it ;)
the only recipe i have seen is by you which i have yet to try :p

You're not meant to freeze rice as it can give you food poisoning afterwards apparently! Also, some sauces can split if you freeze them and won't go back together again afterwards (especially if they're cheese or milk based). Other than that, most stuff can be frozen although expect things to sometimes be a bit mushy!

oooh...I freeze rice all the time! I reckon it's fine as long as you heat it to very very hot again afterwards! I've not had a problem yet - touch wood!

Found this item on the Foods Agency website. Hope this helps.

I've heard that reheating rice can cause food poisoning. Is this true?

It's true that you could get food poisoning from eating reheated rice. But it's not actually the reheating that's the problem – it's the way the rice has been stored before reheating.

Uncooked rice can contain spores of Bacillus cereus, bacteria that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive. Then, if the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores will germinate into bacteria. These bacteria will multiply and may produce toxins (poisons) that cause vomiting or diarrhoea. Reheating the rice won't get rid of these toxins.

So, the longer cooked rice is left at room temperature, the more likely it is that bacteria, or the toxins they produce, could stop the rice being safe to eat.

It's best to serve rice when it has just been cooked. If that isn't possible, cool the rice as quickly as possible (ideally within one hour) and keep it in the fridge for no more than one day until reheating.

Remember that when you reheat any food, you should always check that it's steaming hot all the way through, and avoid reheating more than once.

Back