Ladies Please-'Mooncup'

I haven't but I know loads of women who have them, swear by them and will never go back to tampons. I keep meaning to get one.

Yup, I'm told it's really convenient and you get used to it very quickly. Of course it's also super environmentally friendly.

To be honest I don't know why I haven't got around to getting one yet...I just never think of it, I suppose.

hi kazz

ive had one in the bathroom for months, ive used it once and found it very uncomfortable, mind you ive never been able to use tampons without them feeling like theyre falling out and being quite jaggy inside (sorry tmi!). they are supposed to be excellent tho if you can get the hang of them, well worth a try id say (im planning to try mine again so as not to waste it or more money on flamin always utlra!)

I bought one and used it for a few days..........
My experience was bad..........warning TMI coming up so don't read if you don't want to.

Day 1 it advises that you cut the stem on it so that its not sticking out when inserted.........
I kept removing it and cutting it and it was still sticking out so I tried cutting it in situe.......I know you are all laughing but lets just say I nearly cut a second 'woo woo'

Day 2 after a shower I inserted it and all was well until my cup runneth over so to speak less than an hour later........when I tried to remove it it had moved up further and I was pulling and tugging and it was stuck fast.......evenutally DH had to pull it out for me.....MORTO
(thats when you really know someone loves you)
Day 3 I went back to tampons.......
x
Bettyboo

My experience was bad..........warning TMI coming up so don't read if you don't want to.

Day 1 it advises that you cut the stem on it so that its not sticking out when inserted.........
I kept removing it and cutting it and it was still sticking out so I tried cutting it in situe.......I know you are all laughing but lets just say I nearly cut a second 'woo woo'

Day 2 after a shower I inserted it and all was well until my cup runneth over so to speak less than an hour later........when I tried to remove it it had moved up further and I was pulling and tugging and it was stuck fast.......evenutally DH had to pull it out for me.....MORTO
x
Bettyboo

Oh Betty you had me in stitches, lol.... pmsl..... sorry to laff at your predicament, but oh my. Good job you dh isnt too squeamish.

x
Bettyboo

ROFL:D :D :D you've just confirmed my fears, tbh it looks pretty gross,,,lol don't think god created us to be shoving all these things up us, my god they say not to drink outta plastic yet now its ok to shove it up inside ya...I'd be wary of toxic syndrome...Uugh.....soz gonna be old fashioned and stick with my Always,,,there new Ultra fresh, does exactly what it says on the pack..LOL:D :D

hi kazz

ive had one in the bathroom for months, ive used it once and found it very uncomfortable, mind you ive never been able to use tampons without them feeling like theyre falling out and being quite jaggy inside (sorry tmi!). they are supposed to be excellent tho if you can get the hang of them, well worth a try id say (im planning to try mine again so as not to waste it or more money on flamin always utlra!)

LIZZIE, long time now see. Well done on your weight loss!!!!

x
Bettyboo

PMSL!!!!!

I'm just reading this for the first time. Sorry to laugh, but you do have a turn of phrase ... LOVES YA BABES!

HI,

Ive got one and really prefer it to tampons. You have to use it and get used to it really but if you can get on with it- you will save loads of money.

If it feels like its pulling on the way out, then you need to make the little holes bigger (say with a needle)

I know mums who put theirs in the washing machine (i know!) and others who microwave them to keep them sterile- alot use milton instead.

some mums I know also reckon its help with their period pains and endemetriosis.

If anyone wants to pm then with questions, thats fine :)

the only thing I would say is that if your periods are heavy, really (i have these) then I wont use it unless I know I can empty it in a loo with the sink inside. Some mums keep a bottle of water with them to wash it out quickly (or use loo paper).

cant think of anything else- i belong to a parenting forum and there are loads of us who absolutely love it, or get tempted to buy one and see, or loathe the whole idea.

Me? well, Im glad i tried it and wouldnt use tampons agin as first choice, but it did a few months to get used to it.

good luck!

I got my mooncup in November and i think its a fab invention, Although i do get headaches on my period since i started using it.:confused:

Back