Ladies that lunch!

kaz3804

Silver Member
Ok so next week I am hosting 2 different lunches with friends and I desperately want to show them (they r goodies!) How good food on sw can be! So I need some suggestions for great sw lunch dishes!
So far I have come up with
Smoked salmon fritatta
Fry lite roasted baby pots or wedges
Roasted veg pasta
Sw lasagne

I am usually a very creative food person but I have really drawn a blank! I am trying to stick to red days as much as possible but won't let that stear my lunches too much!

Please help! All suggestions welcome!

Oh thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing what u suggest!

Ok. I have had a look.
How about
Greek salad with sw tandorri chicken.
Beef and red wine casserole
Three fish fish cakes with tartare sauce.
Garlic and herb baked chicken with some sort of side salad.

If you need any more ideas or help just ask x
But sw tandorri chicken is my favourite

Also just found grilled chicken with mole sauce and chips ( its in the new magazine ) I'm going to try this maybe tomorrow!

Oh thank you! Love ur suggestions! I love thought of tandori chicken and Greek salad! And I've been meaning to try the mole sauce so will def give that a go! Thank you so much I will let u know how the lunches go! I hope I impress their socks off cause they often poo poo "diet food!" Not this time! Thank u!

I've just invented a new tea for myself and I love it. Roasted sweet potato wedges with piri piri shake, sat on a bed of mixed leaf salad, with Morrisons NU low syn mango dressing, and home made hummous 1 syn for the whole hummous or non if you omit the oil. Slosh lemon juice Rinsed can chickpeas Slosh of piri sauce ( optional or tobasco) 1/2 tsp ex virgin olive oil (1 syn). Garlic bulbs Salt pepper Small amount of cold water added slowly to food processor whilst processing or blender, to required thickness. Such an easy meal but looks stunning and tastes amazing. I microwave a full sweet potato until just soft, preheat oven 200, and chop into wedges after microwaving, add frylite and piri abd bake for 30 mins until crispy.

Attachments

• image-3237197412.jpg
    image-3237197412.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 109
I've just invented a new tea for myself and I love it. Roasted sweet potato wedges with piri piri shake, sat on a bed of mixed leaf salad, with Morrisons NU low syn mango dressing, and home made hummous 1 syn for the whole hummous or non if you omit the oil. Slosh lemon juice Rinsed can chickpeas Slosh of piri sauce ( optional or tobasco) 1/2 tsp ex virgin olive oil (1 syn). Garlic bulbs Salt pepper Small amount of cold water added slowly to food processor whilst processing or blender, to required thickness. Such an easy meal but looks stunning and tastes amazing. I microwave a full sweet potato until just soft, preheat oven 200, and chop into wedges after microwaving, add frylite and piri abd bake for 30 mins until crispy.

Looks delist! Gonna try the hummus Yum!,

Hi, first lunch of week went really well! I served sesame chicken from Asia book, (one friend not keen on curry spices so that ruled out tandoori!) With Greek salad and a fruity salsa! The salsa went down a storm so thought I'd share
Finely diced tomato (flesh not seeds), red onion, red pepper, cucumber (seeds removed), ripe mango, roughly same quantities of each. And 1 clove finely crushed garlic, 1 finely diced red chilli or chilli flakes salt to season and dress with juice on 1 lime and a handful of chopped corriander. Allow to set for few hrs or overnight. All girls loved it! Here's a pic of wee bit I kept over for my lunch today!

Attachments

• 1381213894601.jpg
    1381213894601.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 83
Back