Lady Jo's CC journey 6st to lose...

Hi Jo

Your food sounds so delicious and your doing really well on the exercise front...it makes me feel great hope it's doing the same for you! x

Ah your hol sounds fab and a great thing to be motivated towards, are you setting a target for it? x

Hi Jo

Your food sounds so delicious and your doing really well on the exercise front...it makes me feel great hope it's doing the same for you! x

Aww thanks!!! It depends what time I do exercise to how it makes me feel! On Friday it was in the morning and then after I felt fab. But normally I do it early afternoon then I normally feel tired for the rest of the day!! But on the whole I'm feeling sooo much fitter and that makes me feel great!!

Ah your hol sounds fab and a great thing to be motivated towards, are you setting a target for it? x

Hi lovely, well my main target was to hit goal by end of August so as close to goal as I can be! Obviously I won't be cc'ing on holidays so that might affect it slightly so goal now is to get to goal or as close to by holidays!! I'm so excited!
More for the new clothes! All my summer clothes will be huge by then (I hope!!)
X

I'm sure you can do it, you've got 6 months to get there. You'll feel fab buying all those clothes in smaller sizes. Good luck xx

thanks oasis, id really love a bikini, ive never ever worn one. maybe by then ill have the confidence?!!?

afternoon all,
well what a boring sunday... im a rugby and football widow today so spent most of my time on mini mins reading about all different diets lol, such a loser... but other than that i have been eating and cooking a roast dinner which was sooooooooo bad. heres the damage:
B- scrambled 2 eggs with milk and 2x toast with butter
L- roast pork, stuffing, yorkshire pud, carrots, parsnips, brocolli, gravy and a little ww spring onion mash, then naughty naughty a co-op tiramisu dessert.

i had quite a bit of meat which was the worst. i didnt weigh it so i guesstimated and the meat alone was 488. i am stuffed and not planning to eat much more today, make that anything cos i have only 59 left!! weekends are the worst especially when hubby is around! hes away tomorrow and not here next weekend so ill get away with not cooking a roast. hoorah! going to scan the food diaries now and see what other ppl do on a sunday...!!!

hope you are all enjoying your sundays...!!!

Happy Monday everyone! Well today has absolutely flown by! Can't believe it's 7pm already! Had a bit of a low day today was quite busy but managed to fit in a quick run before lunch.
Food for today:
B- activia prune yogurt, mcvitie breakfast biscuits (these kept me so full!!)
After gym- protein shake and grapes
L- prawn salad with a mojito dressing and a crispello
D- homemade turkey meatballs in tomato sauce and whole wheat spaghetti and a cheeky thorntons chocolate

Total 1319
Gym around 300 I forgot my HRM

My husband is not going away now so we are going to be together for valentines day. I have bought the chocs so I can shove loads in before the lent challenge!! And we've decided to have a valentines meal doing the m&s meal deal for £20 with wine and yet more chocolates. I'm going to be super good so it's not too much of an indulgence! I'm thinking of doing a stagger cals next week to accommodate it...? Ah well we will see what happens before that its Wednesday weigh in and in quite looking forward to it!!! Feeling good this week!!

Hey Jo, food looking gorgeous and healthy too, your doing fab and wonderful news about valentines day.

Hey Jo, food looking gorgeous and healthy too, your doing fab and wonderful news about valentines day.

Thank you! The not so good news about valentines day is we've decided on an m&s Valentines meal deal for £20. I've got it home and counted it all with half bottle of red and half bottle of champagne is 2065 cals!!!!!!!
That's without the chocolates!!!!!
Oh my god I'm starting to think this was a bad idea!!!!!!

Evening all! And happy pancake day!!!

We have celebrated pancake day. My husband was so shocked because I bought ready made pancakes! My son doesn't like them and I only wanted one so I'm not wasting all that mixture!!! Chopped up loads of fruit and got some lf squirty cream it was delicious!
Here's the other food I ate today:
B- oat so simple sachet with milk
After gym- protein shake and banana
L- WW chicken soup and 2x toast with butter
D-meat free cottage pie from change for life (so delicious and the whole family loved it!)
Then pancake with strawbs and squirty cream
Total 1445
Went to the gym estimated 500 cals cos I didn't have my HRM

Hope you are all having a flipping good pancake day(sorry I couldn't resist!!)

Hey Jo sounds like an awesome day :) I had my pancakes on Monday instead as there is this resturant in London called My Old Dutch which does all sorts of different ones, super yummy and only a fiver for each humungous one on Mondays. I had a savoury smoked salmon one and then a nutella one SUPER delish!

What was the cottage pie recipe? sounds tasty x

Weigh in this morning 2.5lb off!!! :):):)

It was delish! I will send u recipe it's defo worth a go. The recipe feeds 4 adults and its a good portion!!! The pancakes sound yummmm have not had smoked salmon in ages! Wil defo pick some up tonight!

Ahh well done you!! You are zooming down :) :) Love how motivated you are x

here is the recipe from the Change for Life meal mixer for veggie cottage pie from last night, even a family of meat lovers emptied their plates so very much recommended

makes 4 (big) adult portions

600g potatoes
500g buttnernut squash chunks
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
2 chopped carrots
300g meat free mince
400g can of tomatoes
150ml veg stock
2 tsp curry powder
100g mushrooms
1 courgette grated
2tsp cornflour
black pepper

1. cook potatoes and squash in pan for 20 mins
2.fry onion, garlic and carrots for 2-3 mins till soft
3. add mince, tomatoes and stock. stir in curry powder then add mushrooms and courgette. bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 mins. season with black pepper
4.preheat grill, mash potaotes and squash with some black pepper
5. blend cornflour with 1tbsp water and stir into mince mixture. spoon into baking dish and top with mash. grill for 8-10 mins till browned.

my adjustments:
-i used weight watchers spring onion frozen mash instead of the potatoes and squash topping.
-chopped the courgette rather than grating it
-didnt use the curry powder
- didnt need the cornflour the mixture was already quite thick.

good evening all!
how is everyone this wednesday? im good after a nice 2.5lb loss this morning. would of been nice to have 3lb so i would be exactly 2 and half stone off but im still chuffed with 2.5lb :)

wednesday is my busiest day so im glad now to be sat relaxing. hubbys watching football tonight very boring so will be wrapped up nicely with a book. ts freezing today weve had some snow rain and wind today!

food today:
B- mini max cereal with semi skim milk
S-banana and inncoent smoothie then after gym a protein shake
L- sushi and a malteaster bunny
D- jacket potato, 4 bbq chicken griddlers, salad, beans and a blue cheese triangle

total- 1730 (130 over gym day allowance, i forgot about the smoothie!!!)
gym - 598

looking forward to valentines day tomorrow, CHOCOLATEEEE!!! WINE!!!!! CHAMPAGNE!!!!! think i need to schedule in a definate gym session hopefully the afterburn will help!!!

Happy valentines day to you all!

Well I'm checkin in now cos I have already totted up tonight's monstrosity! Bought an m&s meal deal for me and hubs and its 2065 cals!! that's 3courses and wine and champagne, that's not even the chocolates as well!

I have squeezed in a good gym session to help! Pushed myself to do 25 mins on the cross trainer going up a level every 3 mins and a combination of forward and backward, some circuits and a swim. But other than that I've been eating and this is what I've had:

B- 2 x fruit and fibre bread with lurpak light spread. 2x mcvitie breakfast biscuits.
S- orange choc cereal bar and 2 satsumas
Gym burnt 500 cals
L- bagel with smoked salmon, low fat cream cheese and loads of watercress. Then a shapes choc dessert and a banana.
So that's 1008 cals
Forgot my shaker bottle for protein at the gym so made sure I had a good protein lunch!

Tonight will be:
Tomato and Camembert tart 385 with salad
Beef Wellington 575
Potato rosti 2x90
Veg 50
Triple choc heaven 325
Half bottle of red estimated 300 from mfp
Half bottle champagne estimated 250 from mfp

Thorntons chocs at 69 cals each!!!!

Without choc is days total of 3073 but the chocs shal be consumed because as of tomorrow I'm giving it up for lent!!

Have a lovely evening all who are celebrating x

Hello everyone!!

Hope your all having and have had a good weekend!
Well after the beast that was valentines day and easily 3000+cals of food and drink I jumped back on the wagon Friday. Yes I did have a full breakfast in the morning but I did have a small one and counted every calorie. I even dragged myself to the gym, I felt so rubbish and no energy so it just shows how food can affect your mood!! After the gym I had left over meat free cottage pie and then tea I really showed my determination! The hubby and kids had chippy and I had a homemade lower cal version while they all stuffed their faces with chippy. The amount of cals for chippy is staggering and Thursday was my bad day!!
Yesterday had my cereal for breakfast then took the kids to the cinema and I resisted the popcorn/ice cream/ hot dogs/ sweets etc and when hubs suggested we have dinner out I convinced him that we should go home and I had an awesome risotto from Asda (butternut squash and chorizo yummmmm!) then I homemade a chicken and mushroom pie using filo pastry to make it healthier. Served with new potatoes and green beans it was delish and I was so proud of myself!
Well today instead of the calorific roast dinner I'm making a yummy change for life stew with mash and dumplings. Dumplings are so bad so I'm going to limit myself to one!! Other than that I had salmon and cheese bagels for breakfast and then some noodles for lunch. We went down the beach this afternoon and I checked cals for a whippy ice cream and was very surprised that a small one in a cone was only 65 cals yummm. And of course no flake. 3rd day no chocolate!!! I didn't think I ate that much chocolate but now I can't have it I realise I really miss it!!!
Hope other people giving up chocolate are doing well too!! X

Wow your doing so well avoiding cinema food, a meal out and 3 days without choc. Great getting back on it after vday. I feel huge today don't know why but I'm trying for a good loss this week. Good luck xx

Jo you are doing amazing. All the food sounds delicious, esp the stew with dumplings and the chicken filo pie YUM YUM I've been unwell and had no appetite but apparently I am getting better because reading this has made me hunggggry!

Back