Lady Thread For Lady Ahem...Things

MissUno

World Class Oddball
So erm..I was just wondering how the SW women here deal with those menstrual cravings that tend to kick in and the perhaps phantom increase in appetite? I only ask because I'm for my monthly's and was wondering if anyone who has been on the plan a while could advise on how to beat cravings, or if one must, a low syn way to satisfy them.....:ashamed0005:

Depends on what you're craving.

There are tons of things you can have on SW that are really filling and comforting! Baked beans are great, as are chilli/red kidney beans in a chilli sauce (most makes free!), very low fat sausages, SW chips and mushy peas, SW chips with fried eggs to dip into, if it's something sweet you crave, things like banana and low fat custard, home made rice pudding, vanilla/choc sprinkles Mullerlight and Minimilk ice-cream lollies (1.5 syns) or Mini Twisters (2.5 syns) can really hit the spot!! You WILL get those skinny jeans back!!X

The reason women are ravenous the week before their menses is because the body Burns 500-800 extra calories a day! Seriously! That's why u feel like eating EVERYTHING.

MommyNOriana said:
The reason women are ravenous the week before their menses is because the body Burns 500-800 extra calories a day! Seriously! That's why u feel like eating EVERYTHING.

That makes soooo much sense! Thanks for this little fact, I've been wondering all week why I've been still hungry after eating the entire content of the fridge! Now I know :)

Back