Lady -type advice please!!

Sez

has started again!!
Hi!

I am off to Spain in August as you no doubt all know by now! (Been going on about it long enough!) My periods have been very odd lately, still regular but sort of start/stop then v v v heavy. Not much fun at all!

I have just realised that I am likely to be due whilst we are away & I just cant face it. Its been literally years since I took any kind of contraception, but I seem to remember that you could take the pill without a break to stop a period? Is that right?

I am off to the GP next Monday, to ask about this. I dont know if I will be allowed to take the pill or whatever, but I want to ask if I can stop this just for August.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Have there been any developments that have passed me by? (Injection??)

Maybe at 43 I am too old for all this...

Would really apprecaite your advice girls and want to go "armed" with some info! (I NEVER EVER go to the GP, almost phobic about it. Still not seen him since my LL check up so he ought to be nice to me!!)

If youre on the pill and take 2 lots to run one after the other instead of taking your 7 day break it delays your period. I did that a few times when I was on the pill.

Good luck :)

yup......you can do the same with the contracptive patch.

The injection (depo) is a bit unreliable. It's supposed to stop your periods all together.......mine didn't......it was yukky!! lol

Prob say your best bet is the pill or the patch.:D

Hey Sez
I do believe that we are living in a parallel universe just now! What with the weight loss, loo issues and weeks on LL...

I too am off to the GP on Friday for exactly the same thing.
About 4 years ago I went for something that would delay my period as I was off to Glastonbury and just couldn't face the thought. Got a lovely little pill no problem and it worked a treat with absolutely no side effects.
My periods have been all over the place since starting LL, and now here I am a week before I head off to Glasto and I'm a week late! So my only problem is I can't remember when you need to start taking it, I've got a horrible feeling that I've left it too late. I guess I'll find out on Friday. Really hope there's something to be done. Can't think of anything worse, bearing in mind the practicalities of Glasto on foodpacks and all that water is daunting enough...hmmm.
Let me know how you get on :)

Hi,
Right don't be jealous, but i have not had a period for 12 years. I had a coil fitted with the mini pill in it and i have to have it changed every 5 years. The first couple of times it was ok but the last was not nice AT ALL.

Benefits - NO period, No pain, No mood swings.........lovely.

You should be ok not having a period break, after all i haven't had one for years.

xx

Back