LadyVegas - Time to Start

ladyvegas

Silver Member
After reading nearly all the inspirational diarys / thoughts / advice on this fab website I have decided to start a diary of my own. I think that this will keep me focused and on plan. :) Sorry if I go off ranting and raving....

Where do I start....well I am at the heaviest that I have been EVER. I was 17stone at the start of March and am now about 16st 6lbs. Between March and June I got down to 15st 8lbs but now a few weeks on and I am back up. Reasons include - had surgery in March (TAH) and was off my food and feet for 12 weeks. In May I started on chemo and finding it hard (at times). I have a good few more weeks left on chemo - March 2011. I am finding the bloating, steroids and all the pills that I am having is hard on the body and my energy levels are practically nil. But I am determined to lose the weight. My doc told me to take it easy but I want to do this SLOWLY if needs be. Cause of the depleted energy levels I find myself reaching for the sugary snacks and choccie bars (even though choccie does not agree with me) plus the fact that I am on my own (hubby at work) during the day, watching tv and generally doing nothing. So I guess boredom is my trigger for eating....:( Now that wasn't too hard to admit was it? :D

So today I've decided that I am going to try and get some exercise in everyday....I will push myself but not to the extreme. I have a Wii which I think I should aim to do at least 20mins on and then I need to dust off the cross-trainer (have been doing this dusting off for weeks now). And I don't know why I haven't done it....I want toned up shoulders and back. Am off on hols in 6 weeks and want to be down at least 1 dress size (if possible). I am off work too now and would love to go back to work smaller than when I finished up. It's always something that I have promised myself....but always seem to fail on. Why oh why can't I do something for me - I self sabotage myself all the time. If I lose weight then I go and treat myself with something nice to eat - vicious circle with food. So it STOPS here....

This probably sounds like a whole lot of nonsence but getting it out there will help me I think and get me on the road to the weight that I want to be......it won't be easy I know on the steroids and stuff but I so want to do it. I want to be able to wear nice clothes for Christmas and want to feel comfortable in my own skin (IFKWIM). :p

Good on you, Lady V!! :D

I like your motivation on the exercise. I too have a Wii, and don't make the most of it, maybe I should join you in the 20mins per day! :)

Have a fab day today, is Hubby about at weekends for you to look forward to? :)

Hi Ladyvegas, Good you are making a new start, all the very best with it.
I think you are doing so well if you have had an op, now on steriods and not able to do much either! All designed to make the old pounds mount up. Do be careful not to do too much as you will only land yourself back to square one.
As for the vicous circle bit - been there and done that and even got the T shirt! Hilarious how we treat ourselves, isn't it?
The hubby bit as well, my daughter has the same problem with hers.
Hope things progress well for you.:clap:

Back