Lainie's back and on a mission :)

Hope the positive thoughts carry on. Which dvd's did you get? I used to enjoy the odd workout dvd well maybe enjoy is not quite the right word.

Have a great day

Hope the positive thoughts carry on. Which dvd's did you get? I used to enjoy the odd workout dvd well maybe enjoy is not quite the right word.

Have a great day

Hi V :)

I'm certainly trying to keep the positive thinking going, and I managed a step in that direction last night. OH turned up at mine at 9pm and wanted to go out . we went to Macs and I was a v.good girl and only had a cup of tea :) so hopefully thats my willpower returning :) trousers feeling baggy again as TOTM officially arrived which obv let go of a lot of bloatedness..woo :) (apologies if that's TMI! :p)

Dvd's i got were Danielle Lloyd's workout one, (looked alright, guess will see when it comes through lol...) and the Dirty Dancing one... Should be amusing anyway :p

Hope ur having a good day :) x

Hi Lainie, thought I'd come and have a little venture into your diary, I took my shoes off at the door and bought you a bottle of fizzy champers as a diary welcome gift :D Please feel free to share it around and offer us peanuts to go with it :)

Well done on all your losses so far to date, you have been doing really well, but sorry about the gain this week, but you can kiss that away next Wednesday I'm sure, you sound like you have such a great attitude towards all this dieting malarky :)

Love your line of work (youth workering, although I'm sure the insurance job is just as exciting :p) sounds like a great thing to be doing.

Have a great Friday and a brilliant weekend. xxx

Hi Nikki :) Welcome to my diary! (also known as a collection of complete waffle!) Please indeed feel free to share in any champagne lying around, and help yourself to any yummy WW snacks in the cupboard :)

Thanks for the comments :) I was down on wednesday, but have said bye to it now, as I will be saying bye to it on the scales next wednesday as well :) just a little blip on the way :) Looks like you've been doing really well too, that's why I love Mini's - cos we're all in the same boat and know how we all feel, whether thats the 'jump off the scales in delight' feeling or the 'i-could-eat-my-body-weight-in-chocolate-cos-I'm-so-annoyed-with-myself-right-now' feeling :p... I think I'd personally have lost it now if I wasn't on here, so thanks everyone! :grouphugg:

I love my youth-working :family2:, it's certainly a challenging role, but it's sooo good too :) not enough people give young people a chance these days and it's so rewarding to see the change that's possible in their lives if someone just invests a little time in them and lets them develop in their own way. We have a end of term 'summer spectacular' with our friday night crew tonight, which oonsists of a BBQ, Waterfight and culminates in a sleepover....much prefer all that stuff to my insurance 9-5 stuff! If i could afford it , i would happily do it voluntary full time for the rest of my life lol :)

Anyway, should really get back to work... yawn!!!!!.... Hope you're all having splendiferous days and I shall be back laters!!! :party0048: xxx

Ha ha....went out at lunch time to buy some water pistols for our youth club's water fight tonight... found about 12 in total in the 99p shop for total of £6... the woman at the till just looked at me really oddly... what's wrong with a 29 yr old female, in work clothes, buying 12 water pistols and a set of water bombs and catapult??? ha ha ha just made me laugh, she looked really confused!:8855:xxx

Water pistols sounding like a great idea there. I do admire people who can work with youngsters of any age, they just dont do it for me. I wouldnt wish them any harm but any more than 1 hour with them and I start to twitch not a very fetching look

Its blooming great that we are all different and can do different things. Pleased the happy mood continues, have a great weekend

Hi sorry hun having Internet probs and my iPhone well likes to spell incorrectly
ahh forget the gain I had one 3 weeks ago I was 100% on plan and it was 2.5lbs and it was my first gain in 18 weeks tbh it made me wobble want to try something else but the lovely mini8s supported me and in stickin at it still 100%

You will do this you sound detirmined and happy :)
Love the sound if the water pistol fight was it fun?
Have a lovely week :)))) xx

Another weekend without the internet!! aggh! talk about withdrawal! although all I mostly did was sleep anyway lol :)

Water pistols sounding like a great idea there. I do admire people who can work with youngsters of any age, they just dont do it for me. I wouldnt wish them any harm but any more than 1 hour with them and I start to twitch not a very fetching look

Its blooming great that we are all different and can do different things. Pleased the happy mood continues, have a great weekend

Thanks V, the water pistols were very well used... a couple even got broken in all the excitement, bloomin teenagers, what is the attraction of abs soaking their leaders?? it's just mean! ha ha... we did get payback however by confiscating mobiles come bedtime so I guess it all works out fair in end lol.... I think ur theory of teenagers might have been proved during our sleepover - we only got about 2 hrs sleep in the end - the boys were on something, wish i could have had some, WAY too much energy!! and the girls just didnt want to go to bed... my small relief is we only give them a sleepover at summer and christmas...another 5 months till the next one...lol....

Hope you have had a lovely time with the water pistols Lainie, sounds fab! :D xxx

Yes..decided teenagers and water pistols are a deadly combination......

Hi sorry hun having Internet probs and my iPhone well likes to spell incorrectly
ahh forget the gain I had one 3 weeks ago I was 100% on plan and it was 2.5lbs and it was my first gain in 18 weeks tbh it made me wobble want to try something else but the lovely mini8s supported me and in stickin at it still 100%

You will do this you sound detirmined and happy :)
Love the sound if the water pistol fight was it fun?
Have a lovely week :)))) xx

Pistol fight was indeed quite fun, everyone resembled drowned rats by the end of it, and our building was at risk of being mistaken for a swimming pool (and this was with the fight OUTside!) was a good laugh tho, thats the last we officially see of our friday crew now until beginning of term in september, so we like to give them something exciting to go out on!

As for the gain, it's old news lol... was fairly cheesed off and did wobble on wednesday yes, however I've been really good this week and come in within points aswell, so expecting to see it gone on wednesday. Mini's has most definitely been a factor in keeping me on track.. Anyway, my lunch hour has just ended so i better scoot..just wanted to drop in quickly...more waffling laters! :blahblah: xxx

Well, I finally got round to taking my workout DVD out its packet and have just made myself complete a half hour workout, woo! Boy my ol' thighs are burning! But it was great and I enjoyed it, although its made me crave a Wii and Wii fit more, Im usually allergic to exercise! Anyway enough ramblings, hope everyones having great evenings :) xx

Well done on the exercise starting. After years of avoiding exercise I am finding its not so bad, so its really good that you enjoyed it, theres more chance of you sticking to it.

Have a fab Tuesday

do you not know anyone who has one? maybe ask if you could borrow it for a week or so? x

Well done on the exercise starting. After years of avoiding exercise I am finding its not so bad, so its really good that you enjoyed it, theres more chance of you sticking to it.

Have a fab Tuesday

I really had to make myself do it, the DVD's been sitting there since the weekend and I kept 'forgetting' about it... but when I put my work trousers on yest morning, I was reminded of that baggy feeling..lol... and how much better it was going to feel to get the next size down... (Im being stubborn, and possibly stupid as I dont feel they're big enough yet to purchase the smaller ones, and I dont think i would cope with the disappointment if it was too soon...so for now I run the risk of losing my trousers at work...ha ha ha ha....)

I have WI tomorrow, so will be another half hour or so with DVD tonight to try and push for an even better result for tomorrow! fingers crossed!

do you not know anyone who has one? maybe ask if you could borrow it for a week or so? x

We bought one for the youth group we run , well the OH did...and I would borrow it off him, but I need to purchase the Wii fit also...in stage of trying to convince him it would be a good buy!! ha ha.... he's more interested in getting all the Tony Hawk Ride, and the band hero stuff etc, which is great, but I NEEEEEEED the wii fit! not fair! lol...xx

I'm with you on the baggy trousers malarky. Not yet baggy enough for the next size so am holding on - in more ways than one.

Enjoy the exercising and positive vibes for tomorrows weigh in

if you lived closer, i wouldve sold you mine for 20 quid.. its a dust collector i am ashamed to say! xxx

I'm with you on the baggy trousers malarky. Not yet baggy enough for the next size so am holding on - in more ways than one.

Enjoy the exercising and positive vibes for tomorrows weigh in

Thanks V, I've been a good girl this week so got everything crossed..... :) :sign0009:

if you lived closer, i wouldve sold you mine for 20 quid.. its a dust collector i am ashamed to say! xxx

Aw that would have been wicked!! lol , shame, cos I used to live nearer, up in Dumfries before I moved deep deep south :)

I've asked for some money for Christmas towards buying my own wii and wii fit so hopefully :) until then I'll persist with my workout dvd... done it two nights in a row so far for half hour each time (had to stop there as my hip began hurting - what age am i? 80???!!!)

Well WI at 1 today, so hoping for a good result, I've got myself back on track and am keeping myself within my points again, so hopefully the scales should show that today :) xx

Good luck for the weigh in at 1pm

Have you looked on the bay to see if you can get a cheapie wii, also the game shops sell them second hand about half price. Have a fab day

Hi Lainie. Just wanted to wish you good luck for WI today.
I got the Just For Me cookbook too, and wondered if you've tried any of the recipes yet? Some of them look quite lush.

3lbs off!!!!!!!!!!! woo!!!!! so with last weeks 1.5 gain, that means a real loss of 1.5 plus last weeks!!!! So happy!!!! Considering I've been snacking on nothing other than 1 point cereal bars and cherry tomatoes for days I should think so too (when I say snacking, I have been including meals too lol, don't worry ) :) So chuffed!

Good luck for the weigh in at 1pm

Have you looked on the bay to see if you can get a cheapie wii, also the game shops sell them second hand about half price. Have a fab day

Thanks V, it was a good one :) it means I got my 5% too which is just amazing and I'm well and truly in the 16's now :) 1 more 1lb and thats my first stone :)

Hi Lainie. Just wanted to wish you good luck for WI today.
I got the Just For Me cookbook too, and wondered if you've tried any of the recipes yet? Some of them look quite lush.

Thanks Bastet :) the Just for me cookbook looks sooooo good, I havent actually got round to getting anything to make with it yet due to insanely busy weekend, but after todays results I'm hitting the supermarket on way home as the only way from here is down! :)

:D Fingers crossed for weigh in
good luck and have a lovely day

Cheers Kal! It certainly is shaping up to be a great one :) And you have a fab one too :) xx

Back