• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Original Lamb or lamb mince

Hi! I got a 500g bag from Sainsburys, think it was £2, it doesn't say low fat on it but I boil it first, strain off the fat and then rince it twice in hot water before adding to a recipe.
thanks rumbletummy, brilliant idea as I can never find extra lean lamb and pork mince. I tried putting fat free pork pieces through the food processor at christmas to make low fat stuffing and it was just a mess. I like your idea of boiling and rinsing twice, thanks!

Strutting her stuff
Just so you know SW say that rinsing lean meat in boiling water does not make it syn free - if you happy to tweak the plan then fair enough but the lean stuff is fairly low in syns anyway :)
just got back from Tesco with 2 x 500g packs of extra lean lamb mince for £5 and going to try the lamb skewers in the little recipe book that came with the mag tonight.
Hi there

I use these:-
Tesco Lamb Leg Chops (2 per pack - 350g) in Tesco | mySupermarket

and if you look at the bag -you get 4 in a bag not 2 ;) -they are really nice and as yet we have had no fatty ones..in fact they are hubbies fave and he is funny with lamb... and I told mum about them and quite often in the UK they have them on at 2 bags for £5
Ask a butcher what the cheap cuts of Lamb are - could make very cheap casserole.

My butcher is great, I tell him what I want it for and how much I want to spend and he makes recommendations - he's not been wrong yet and I always seem to get so much for my money!
I use our local asian butcher :) As they only seem to sell lamb and chicken both are really cheap and he'll do whatever I ask him to with it. I buy leg from him diced and minced and he takes all the fat off whilst he's doing it for me - in fact if I'm making kebabs I take the garlic and chillis in and he minces those in the mix for me as well :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 2
Syn Values 4
Slimming World Recipes 2
Syn Values 1
Syn Values 2