Fry Light
3 dried bay leaves, crumbled
6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
5cm/2in cinnamon stick
4 cloves
½ tsp grated nutmeg
2 tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves
4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves

1. Place the yogurt, chilli, ground coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger and tumeric in a small bowl and mix.
2. Cut the lamb into 5cm/2in cubes, place them in a large non-stick frying pan with the onions, place over a medium heat and stir until the mixture begins to sizzle. Add the yogurt mixture, reduce the heat to low, cover tightly and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lamb releases its juices.
3. Uncover the pan, increase the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced to a paste-like consistency. Add the tomato purée and 350ml/12fl oz of boiling water, season with salt, cover and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Spray a small frying pan with Fry Light and place over a low heat. Add the bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and allow to sizzle for 40-45 seconds. Pour the contents of this pan over the meat along with the nutmeg, stir to mix, cover tightly and cook gently for another 12-15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh mint and coriander before serving.
Tip: Don't let the amount of spices used in this dish put you off - you could use 1 tbsp medium curry powder instead if you want.
I got this from the SW website but was just wondering if anybody knew if I would be able to swap the FF natural yogurt for FF fromage frais?? I have got any yogurt in the house but have got the fromage, do you think it would work??

Oh & it's only 0.5 syns of red/EE serves 4!

Thanks in advance x

I made this last night & used FF fromage frais, it worked perfectly. It tasted amazing, even my curry loving fella couldnt tell it was "diet" food!

I always find when using ff frais or yog it separates on me.....
Does it not separate for u? Or do you have any tips on making sure if sticks together?
It sounds fab!

my worry was that it would separate but it didnt, it may be because you put it on a very low heat, I'm not sure. Usually I would only stir in frais/yogurt right at the last minute, just before serving.

Back