lamb shanks - free or not?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by mr_boony, 26 February 2011 Social URL.

1. mr_boony

mr_boony Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    hello

just a query, have seen that some lamb shanks in gravy are free, but just want to check as i would of thought gravy would have syns in and also when you open the box theres big white chunks of fat sitting in the gravy which will obviously melt when cooked but surely this would also bump up syns??!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    Which ones are they?

I used to give my hubby the aldi ones which used to be free (I believe) - Oakhurst signature lamb shanks in rosemary and mint sauce are now 3.5 syns each - on original and EE and 27.5 each on green.

???

4. JoC

JoC Silver Member

It depends on where you buy them and which variety, for instance asda sell 2 types extra Special lamb shanks in mint gravy 3 syns on EE & red but extra Special lamb shanks in garlic & rosemary gravy is free on EE & red, morrisons do two varieties both are free. it confuses me but i have checked the SW website. I am trying the morrisons ones in minted gravy tomorrow.

5. mr_boony

mr_boony Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    well theres a few iv seen others talking about such as asda rosemary and garlic in gravy (which are the ones i looked at in asda today and felt a bit grossed out by the lumps of fat in the gravy), tesco simply cook lamb shanks in mint gravy and morrissons lamb shanks in mint gravy. these are all free but its confusing as i thought all visible fat had to be removed and all other gravys (bisto etc) are all syned?

6. mr_boony

mr_boony Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    i LOVE lamb shanks in gravy mmmmm but it just seems too good to be true, im worried that if i buy some and eat them cos of the fat i will gain this week! i do mainly green with a few red days as and when im craving meat so on the whole theres not really much fat in the green foods! worried....!!!

7. ally7997

ally7997 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(20.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    One lamb shank isn't going to equal a gain!
    I've had the tesco simply cook lamb shanks and they are lovely!

8. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I had the asda extra special one in garlic and rosemary gravy and it was really nice. Had it twice now, dont worry just bung it in the microwave for about 8 mins, job done. Enjoy.

9. pebbles67

pebbles67 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
  10. amchatt7

amchatt7 Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.82%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i love the tesco simply cook ones, i remove from packaging, get rid of the yukky white fat then put in small dish, cover tightly with clingfilm, pierce it then just follow cooking instructions!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.