lamb shanks - free or not?

mr_boony

hello

just a query, have seen that some lamb shanks in gravy are free, but just want to check as i would of thought gravy would have syns in and also when you open the box theres big white chunks of fat sitting in the gravy which will obviously melt when cooked but surely this would also bump up syns??!

Which ones are they?

I used to give my hubby the aldi ones which used to be free (I believe) - Oakhurst signature lamb shanks in rosemary and mint sauce are now 3.5 syns each - on original and EE and 27.5 each on green.

???

It depends on where you buy them and which variety, for instance asda sell 2 types extra Special lamb shanks in mint gravy 3 syns on EE & red but extra Special lamb shanks in garlic & rosemary gravy is free on EE & red, morrisons do two varieties both are free. it confuses me but i have checked the SW website. I am trying the morrisons ones in minted gravy tomorrow.

well theres a few iv seen others talking about such as asda rosemary and garlic in gravy (which are the ones i looked at in asda today and felt a bit grossed out by the lumps of fat in the gravy), tesco simply cook lamb shanks in mint gravy and morrissons lamb shanks in mint gravy. these are all free but its confusing as i thought all visible fat had to be removed and all other gravys (bisto etc) are all syned?

i LOVE lamb shanks in gravy mmmmm but it just seems too good to be true, im worried that if i buy some and eat them cos of the fat i will gain this week! i do mainly green with a few red days as and when im craving meat so on the whole theres not really much fat in the green foods! worried....!!!

One lamb shank isn't going to equal a gain!
I've had the tesco simply cook lamb shanks and they are lovely!

I had the asda extra special one in garlic and rosemary gravy and it was really nice. Had it twice now, dont worry just bung it in the microwave for about 8 mins, job done. Enjoy.

i love the tesco simply cook ones, i remove from packaging, get rid of the yukky white fat then put in small dish, cover tightly with clingfilm, pierce it then just follow cooking instructions!!

Back