Lamb shanks..........

Have just has the Tesco Simply Cook lamb shanks in minted gravy & it was delicious........however, I dont know how they can be free on red/EE as I had to cut off some fat! But if SW advocate them that is fine by me!

Yes they do seem a bit fatty, well lamb is a fatty meat but they are defo free, so enjoy. So long as yr losing weight and enjoying them, just carry on!

I had one from asda the other day. It was just the standard one, not the taste the difference one and the website said it was 1 syn. Well lets just say it was the best 1 syn i have ever eaten!!!!

"Is the Iceland one free. I just fancy it with new potatoes HEXb of course with cauliflour and mint sauce.......yummy......oh so hungry !!!"
Sue

O Sue! I just came across those when looking up something else in the 2011 directory and the bad news is a big no no!!

Iceland lamb shanks in minted gravy twin pack chilled:
350g each: EE 12 Red 12 Green 34.5
Iceland lamb shanks in minted gravy twin pack frozen:
350g each: EE 10 Red 10 Green 32.5
And they were in the 'smart' syns section!!

So sorry. How about a nice mug of Bovril instead? :)

Lamb is my fav meat of all time, so good to know ;o)...xx

I love lamb too, must admit I do miss a nice roast lamb with crispy fatty skin!!!! (drool). But the simply cook ones in mint gravy from Tescos are very nice, could eat twice as much though

Is it free including the gravy as well or just cook it, take out the lamb and pour all the lovely gravy away!? Thanks x

If it's a named supermarket pack I should think the syn value is for everything in the pack (though I would still be inclined to bin any obvious fat)!

Yeah thats what i thought too! Just when i had one yesterday it seemed too good to be true, i'm normally a straight down the line, cook it myself so there's no hidden syns kinda gal! x

Back