Lance Armstrong, here I come!!

annaphylactic

Guess who's back...?
Well - i've bitten the bullet and BOUGHT A BICYCLE!! Ha ha ha ha... oh good god, what have I done...

The last time I sat on one of those little triangular saddles I was about 12 - so we are talking about fifteen years ago... my my, my arse is going to be SO sore!

Anyway - must. get. fit. Got my gym induction tomorrow night so this is the start of the whole new me :p - fingers crossed I don't do anything stupid like fall face first on the treadmill etc.. I am soooo unfit!!

x

Well done Anna!!

I can't even remember the last time I was on a bike or in a gym. Although I used to have a little obsession for the gym when I was at school. Only because I could beat the boys at pull ups and weights!! Hahaha! LS is right though, too much excercise on 500 cals can be unkind on the scales. I know from previous experience!!!

Have fun on the new road to fitness though!

B x

Hi girls - thanks for your replies :) No, I won't over do it... just want to start getting active and see how I get on...

I am finding I am exhausted all the time at the moment... that 'ketosis' energy surge has definitely gone away - I don't know if it is the weather or what, but I am really struggling day to day :(

x

It might be a touch of the seasonal blues honey!

Plus you're due for a milk week soon, might perk you up to have a few extra calories intake for a week!!

B x

I love my bike, I just wish I would use it more!!! My youngest son is almost 3 and wont sit on the very expensive fancy bike seat we got for my bike. he thinks he is too big and wants to go on his own bike so I have to walk beside him!

I decided to start walking more last week and its made a big difference to my mood and energy levels. I suffer from SAD a bit so need to get some day light while i can. The walking has made a huge difference on me. If I sit around too much I get into a rutt! Today its freezing and totally raining here but I still did my daily walk. Ill be glad for a hot bath tonight though!

Do u know what, that is one of my aims when I have lost more weight to get a bike, I enjoy cycling (although haven't actually done any for about 11/12 yrs!) But I wouldn't have the guts to get on a bike just now, would be too worried about the rear view (of me, that is!) and ppl laughing at me!! :rolleyes:

Was just saying to my mum the other week that I would really like to get a bike when I've lost more weight! That and trampolining!! I remember enjoying it sooo much when at school but don't know how to find a local club or something... would like something quite informal, if anyone has any ideas or knows of anywhere (I'm in Essex) pls let me know!! x x x

Back