Lani's journey to size 8 jeans!

I am going to bed at 8pm...that's my treat ha ha. In fairness i've replaced my spend on food with stuff I needed for my house, bought new curtains a new rug...and bits, all from what i've saved on food shopping, so can't moan really, i've halved my food bill....crazy really.

Was eyeing up a new Chanel nail varnish this morning in Boots (only bought one last week...oops, i do have an expensive make up habit) so I may have to get it as a reward haha (gone are the days of rewarding myself with a Big Mac haha).

I only have 1 client i today, so once thats over with think I may take some super strength cocodamol and zone out :)

Thanks, I switch between brunette and blonde more times than most people have hot dinners but I'm a blonde at heart :)

Sooo....woke up this morning feeling rotten, combo of dodgy flu jab (my arm is still super swollen) and a bit of a cold, but this afternoon I feel fantastic, i'd go as far to say I haven't felt this good in weeks, think i've finally fully settled into the diet, even stopped weighing myself religiousky every morning as I know I am losing weight so don't feel the need to keep checking (then feeling a bit rubbish when I've put on 2 lb in a few hours).

I wish I felt like this all the time, super motivated :)

I hope so..I feel really really good (all be it a bit hungry lol). I don't feel vacanct anymore, for the last few weeks i've felt like I haven't really been with it...and people have commented on it, i've been a bit away with the fairies. I seem to have got my shiznit together today and feel like the old me, plus I think because i'm sleeping better since i've been on this diet that is finally having a big impact, I haven't slept this well in years....lets hope it continues :)

It's funny you say that about the sleep because I've been sleeping like a baby since I started Exante. Don't know if it's the lack of sugar in our bodies but I feel really well rested too x

Aisha

I've had bad insomnia for years, tried everything....the last few weeks I've slept so well (still not like most people, but for me it's a miracle) :)

Some nights I find it quite hard to get to sleep - I think I've got lots more energy on this diet (plus it helps with the weight coming off) so think I need to burn it off before bedtime. Sooo, Lani, did you get the Chanel nail varnish?? I share your expensive make up habit, Chanel make my favourite foundation!

I seem to have developed a cold today... boo. :(

I did get a lovely Orange Fizz Chanel varnish...i'm eyeing up my next one haha. I thankfully odon't need to wear much make up as my skin is pretty good so face make up lasts me ages, so I can afford to buy nice stuff, if I had to layer it on it would be the cheap stuff haha.

I had a chicken kiev last night when I got in, I have started my TOTM early (and i'm on the pill, so this is really not good). This happened when I did CD and it was because I lost weight too quickly and oestrogen is stored in the fat cells, so my body has depleted the oestrogen more quickly than it can replace it, so though i'd have something with a bit of fat in it last night to try and help my problem...I can't have a permanent TOTM like last time...it lasted 3 months! :-(

Oooh, lovely! Yes, me too. I normally wear a bit of Clinique CC cream (mainly cos of the SPF though!) and then if I'm out somewhere special in the evening then the foundation comes out. One must be ready for photo opportunities!!! :D

Gosh, I didn't know it could do that. I've a history of problems with TOTM, ever since I was a teen but am under a gynae now so hope this diet doesn't screw around with it too much. Take care - at least you know the signs. xxx

Ha ha absolutely, I hate having a shiny face in photos so it's primer, concealer, foundation, higlighter and powder to the ready...in work I put i tiny bit of concealer around my nose and on my chin and thats it, 10 seconds and i'm done lol.

I always have this problem with dieting, it affects everyone differently but mine is always a nightmare, oh well, i'd better lose the weight quickly so I can get it over and done with :)

16 lbs down in 50 days...I know for some this isn't very much, but for me a huge achievement (especially as pretty much the last 2 weeks have been a write off due to sickness). If I can lose another 16 lbs in another 50 days i'll be over the moon. I am realistic that 2/3 lbs a week is probably as good as it will get from here, but any loss is welcome.

I've noticed 'even though being ill, that my eating habits have changed quite a bit (although I did give in and have a big mac on sunday lol). I no longer reach for pasta or bread to make me feel better, I reach for salad, chicken, cheese in small amounts and meats. I do still have a bit of a chocolate issue but that will subside in time, much like the carb craving.

Here's to a good week...fingers crossed :)

Well done Lani. Keep it up. Those size 8s are getting closer and closer! :)

I put work trousers on today and I look like ive borrowed someone elses ha ha, they had to do as I was in a rush...but I have a saggy arse in them...not a good look...time to dig out my smaller trousers I think...yay :)

Thanks, I haven't measured my inch loss...I kinda wish I did, but I have water and fat scales which help a lot.

Smaller trousers indicate inch loss so alls good. My inch loss had been amazing when I eventually started taking my measurements lol. Better late than never xxx

Yeah I suppose I could, but I would get super obsessive, I weigh every day which is bad enough (with my official weigh in being on a Tuesday), I think i'd lose my mind if I started measuring inch loss too lol.

I can see a big difference in 6 weeks, trousers that i couldn't even do up (that was the main reason I started this) are now hanging off me. Because i'm so short, a loss of a stone is easily a dress size. I have size 10 and size 8 clothes that I put away (trousers, jeans, jumpers...the kind of stuff that takes a long time to go out of fashion lol) so I think i'll be digging those out this weekend...well the size 10's at least, i'm a fair way of the size 8's yet :)

You're doing really well Lani, just read ur diary and I'm similar to you when it comes to family support. All my siblings are slim and have always been slim apart from me. I've never gone below size 12 and this time I want to achieve a size 10.

Look at the bright side in a few months we both will have achieved our goals :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back