Lasagne Topping Help

I use fat free natural yoghurt, seasoned well then covered with grated cheese before going in the oven. Aldi sell great big pots for 49p and it's just enough to cover a large lasagne.

Low fat natural yog mixed with pinch of nutmeg and pinch of mixed herbs and two eggs all mixed together, then use HEA allowance of mozz or low fat cheddar to top (more cheese allowed from these varieties)!! taken from sw magazine this month :) I tried it last night and it was lovely :) hardly any difference from traditional lasange! xx

I'm going to try Lasagne this evening. My leader recommended using half a tub of Quark/ half fromage frais and then cheese allowance grated on top. I've just opened the Quark and have to say I'm not convinced....
Has anyone tried it yet? Does it separate when cooked because that would really turn me? :/

I stick to making a low synned cheese sauce. Quark/Yoghurt etc toppings on a lasagne just make me go ewwww lol, I don't mind a spoonful on top of curry etc or as part of dessert, but that is where I draw the line.

All you need to make a cheese sauce is milk, cornflour and some cheese, far more tasty and you can fit the milk and cheese into a HEa portion when divided up.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't use quark. I did try it once and it went lumpy and cottage cheesey looking when cooked. Tasted ok but looks wise wasn't too great! Natural yoghurt or fromage frais would work better.

I use the aldi ff natural yogurt it goes a bit cheesy when cooked but as it is a cheese sauce I can cope with that! with a 2 hex a's of low fat cheddar(aldi again) grated on top.

yummy.

Back