lasagne

Tinkerbell1987

i love minimins me :)
what do u use for the cheese sauce

is it quark and no fat f.frais? if so does anyone no how much of each

i have started makin it n cant find my reciepe hhahhaha

xxxx

Hi Stacey,

It's fromage frais for the toping and then sprinkle a little cheese on top of that before baking...

113g/4oz button mushrooms, quartered
2 large onions, chopped
142ml/¼pt passata
salt & ground black pepper
113g/4oz courgettes, sliced
113g/4oz aubergines, sliced
½ red pepper, deseeded & sliced
½ yellow pepper, deseeded & sliced
113g/4oz whole baby sweetcorn
2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
½ tsp artificial sweetener
12 dried lasagne sheets
511g/1lb 2oz very low fat natural fromage frais
28g/1oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated

subtitle_method.gif
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas Mark 5. Dry fry the mushrooms and one of the onions in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add the passata and season to taste. Stir in the courgettes, aunergines, peppers and sweetcorn and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In a second saucepan place the remaining onion, tomatoes and sweetener and season to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon 4-5 tablespoons of the tomato mixture into a lasagne dish. Add 3 sheets of lasagne and then a layer of the vegetables. Continue layering this way finally pouring the fromage frais on top, Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Serve with a huge mixed salad.

I have the one from the current issue of SW magazine in the oven as we speak (first time trying this recipe). It calls for 200g very low fat fromage frais and 400g quark and one egg. Season well, top with 1tbs parmesan, cook til golden.

hey

i jus found my sw magazine with it in

so i now have quark with fromage frais :)

ill let ya no how it turns out, i have made it with quorn, chopped toms, mushrooms, onions, lasagna sheets and quorn/ fromage frais with sum cheese on top as my heb

i think i might make sum potato wedges to go with it

xxx

Thought I would share this baked bean lasagne recipe with you its yum!
Baked Bean Lasagne - serves 4

Free on Green if using the cheese as an HEA, otherwise 6 syns.

Ingredients:
* 2 large onions, thinly sliced
* 2 red peppers, de-seeded, chopped & sliced
* Mushrooms (optional)
* 2 tins baked beans
* 2 tins chopped tomatoes
* Salt & pepper to taste
* Garlic
* Splash of Worcestershire sauce
* Splash of soy sauce
* Lasagne sheets
* 168g reduced fat cheese, grated
* Fry-light.

Method
* Fry onions, peppers & mushrooms in Fry-light til soft
* Add beans & chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper & garlic
* Add splashes of Worcestershire sauce & soy sauce & mix all together
* Layer in casserole dish, alternating tomato mixture with lasagne sheets
* Cover with foil & bake in oven for 30-35 mins (about 200)
* Uncover, sprinkle cheese on top & bake for further 5 min;
* Serve with salad & SW chips!

well i jus finished and it was lush!!!

quark jus tastes like philidelphia to me (sorry bout spellin)

am quite suprised how well it worked :)

xx

Yeah, I do quark / fromage frais / egg. If it isn't runny enough I thin it with milk and water.

If you find quark 'sour', try adding a teeny bit of sweetner to anything you are making with it ;-) (even savoury) Personally I find it just takes on the flavour of whatever it's being cooked with.

I made this tonight, the recipe from the current issue of SW magazine. The only thing I did different was add a bit of garlic powder to the quark mixture to make it a bit more savoury, and just a touch of chili to the spinach/tomato filling. I was surprised at just how tasty that was. Very nice indeed. I shall make that again for sure! I've separated it into four portions. One I had for tea, one will be my lunch tomorrow and two in the freezer for another time. Ace!

Dunno if this helps but Heinz low fat macaroni cheese is 6 syns for the whole tin on a green day. Liquidize it and put on top. Not too many syns each!

Mind you, years ago macaroni cheese was free on a green day! Dunno why it isnt now!

Back