Lasagne

Deegirl

Can anyone help???? I am making lasagne and baked potatoes for my hubbie and kids tonight, as its hubbies birthday and its his favourite!!! I am going to make normal lasgane for them, but don't know what to do for myself:confused:

I was thinking of just having the meat part and a side salad...but not sure how appealing that sounds...any ideas????

I found a recipe using Zucchini (whatever that is??) instead of lasagna and a mixture of egg and cottage cheese instead of white sauce....so I'm off to the shop to see if I can source some Zucchini...had to google it to see what it looks like!!

i dont really see whats wrong with the cheese side, have ypu ever thought of cutting aubergines or corgettes into long strips and put them where the pasts sheets are supposed to be?

Hadn't hought of that and couldn't get zucchini in the shop, so will try for one of them when I go to get kids! Thanks as always honey x

zucchini is corgette its just the american name

Thanks Sharon...I'll know next time!! I'm very disappointed with myself, never got to shop again has had to come home and bake birthday cake with kids....so I ended up having a small portion of lasagna with veg for dinner:( I didn't have any birthday cake but did have a glass of wine....I can't believe I am so weak:(

Awww...divvent worry yourself hun......it says in the CS book as long as you are doing 95%....then don't worry...just get straight back on to the task in hand tomorrow. If you enjoyed it c'est la vie ;-).....I would kill for some lasagne now....mmmmmmnnnn...LOL

a bit wont have hurt you and it was a special event

Thanks Ladies...the Lasagna was lovely NewDawn, even if I say so myself!! I never buy the ready made sauces I always make my own...much nicer and cheaper!! Having another glass of Vino now so will have to drink about 6 litres of water tomorrow!!!

Hahahahha....water will save you...LOL

Just thought i'd let you no your not on your own in a little cheat today. i've missed behaved too!! Had half an Asda choc chip cookie and FIVE WHOLE OVEN CHIPS !!!!! Bloody PMT makes me sooooo weak! lol
So dont worry theres always someone cheating worse than you to make ya feel betta hun!! ha ha ha ha

Back