Last 7lbs!!!

Wednesday 19th February.

Day off!!! Spent productively washing/ironing and then chilling out for a while before going to the gym!! Did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 10 on the bike before having a lovely steam!! Bliss!!

So, food today:-
Breakfast - weetabix with milk (HEXA and HEXB)

Snacks - 2 x babybel (HEXA2) sweet chilli snack a jacks (4.5 syns)

Tea - massive salad with chicken strips and peppers with paprika (superfree and free), thousand island dressing (1 syn)

Now I have an asda wholemeal pitta bread, I read somewhere that it counts as HEXB but it isn't showing as that in my book so if not it's 7 syns. So, I won't have my second B incase this counts but if it doesn't I'm still within daily syns.

Evening snack - if required which I doubt it will be as I've not had tea yet is fruit salad and muller (free)

Good day- feel great and it's weigh day tomorrow!! Hope the scales reward me!!

Good luck for WI tomorrow Steph....food looking good. Might be wrong but think the pitta's are no longer a hexb, but please double check that. Im sure I read that the only pitta's that count as a hexb now are the ww ones??? x

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

3lbs off!!!!!!!!!
Over the moon- the hard work this week has paid off!!
Back in the 8's- the lady that weighs in said 'surely you're at goal now? Your bmi is now 22.8 and you look great!' - was soooo nice of her to say this! I guess it is time to maybe start thinking about target. I'm going to see if I can get to 8'9! Initially when I started this diary I intended to get to 8'11 (I'm 8'12 now) but I set this because I thought it would be a long hard battle. Now I'm thinking if I can drop 3lbs being super good and exercising that maybe 8'7-8'9 wouldn't be impossible! Plus losing weight is all I know!! ahhhhh!!

So food so far today
Hi fi bar at class (HEXB)

Lunch - spaghetti and pitta (7 syns) cheese (HEXA)

Got some strawberries and grapes to have with a muller this afternoon and I'm not sure about tea yet so could have a green day or maybe an EE day.

Kim, thanks for the good luck and I'm going to trust your thoughts on the pittas and count them as syns until they go and then never buy them again!! Haha! So annoying because I nearly bought the ww ones but decided against it because asda ones were cheaper! Such is life!

Update for today

I did have my muller and fruit this afternoon. Also had a bag of snack a jacks (4.5syns)

Decided to do a green day and knocked up some vermicelli noodles with peppers an beansprouts and egg, a bit of chilli a and soy sauce - completely free!!
Also had some apple topped with another muller (can't get enough of these at the mo- will stick to one a day from now on though)
Snacked on 2 babybels this afternoon (I love cheese far too much) HEXA2

So only one HEXB today. I really think this knocking off the bread as my HEXB is helping and makes me think that maybe I can start incorporating EE days a bit more. I'm always reluctant to do EE days because I like having the extra HEXB but now I'm struggling to eat my b's with not having bread!! Crazy! X

Friday!!

On nights this weekend so slept for as long as I possibly could. When I woke up, I had a hi fi bar (HEXB)

Had a little snack this afternoon of snack a jacks (4.5syns)

Went to the gym this afternoon and did a 30 minute run on treadmill followed by 10 minutes on the bike.

Just had a pasta in sauce with added chicken and ham (free) plus a side salad (superfree) with a tbsp of Kraft thousand island dressing (0.5 syns) and sprinkled some cheese on top (HEXA) - was lovely!!!

So it's an EE day (I don't do these often!) may have a muller and fruit before I go in to work.
I'll take in weetabix and milk and banana for my break but as it'll be the early hours, I'll take it from tomorrow's allowance.

Getting there with my mini challenge I've set myself on the challenges thread!! Good day!!

Memories of a weekend of nights.....yuck! I do a lot more EE days now and you'll probably find you'll get to really enjoy them! Whats this mini challenge you've set yourself? Do your nights tend to be busy, or do you get some rest?

Hi Kim-
I've set myself 3 mini challenges for this week
1. Drink at least 2 litres of water! (I'm so rubbish at drinking water)
2. Eat no bread (I think this definitely contributed last week to my 3lb loss)
3. Go to a class at the gym (I've been looking daily and then always opt for a gym session because I'm too self conscious to go so I'm pushing myself!)

Weekend nights tend to be really busy- just flying all over the place but it makes time go so quickly!) I kind of like them in a strange way!! I do get grouchy though when I get hungry!! It's been awful this week because OH was on nights tues-thurs and now I'm on nights! Haven't seen him since Monday! :-( and probably won't until this Monday coming! I'm feeling sorry for myself about this! Hopefully it'll all be better in a few weeks- certainly puts a strain on at times though. X

I know how you feel Steph......my hubby works away Mon - Fri and ifni work weekends, we're like shios that pass in the night! But at least you enjoy your work and it passes quickly....make sure you take lots of nice healthy snacks to get you thru the night. I would always have a choccie fix about 4am as thats the worst time of night for me. If I do community work, I would always do some exercise on the patients carpet to keep me awake as well lol! I can imagine that would be slightly difficult for you tho teehee!
Hope you're not too busy x

And awake!!!!
Was busy busy busy as expected but good fun!! I popped and saw the OH for an hour before work because I was missing him and it made me feel a lot better. Can totally relate to the shops passing in the night thing Kim!
I just chuckled about the exercise in work!! Had visions of me doing squats and such like in the middle of the street! That would be funny!

Had my weetabix and milk (HEXB and HEXA) and a muller with banana early hours of this morning.
Oh and 2 syns for maple syrup!

The biscuits came out at work and I needed a sugar fix so had one (2.5 syns)

Just woken up and had a hi fi bar because I was ravenous (may count as syns or could be my HEXB2 dependant on what day I do today)

I'm off out for tea with friends before work. Going to a burger restaurant (grrrrrr). I've checked online and this place doesn't have a menu for me to pre view so I'll have to pick something when I get there! I don't think salad is going to be on the menu so I may have to have a burger of some sort (I'll opt for the best choice that I can!) It could end up being a flexi-syn day!

Xx

Oooo I've been absent for a couple of days!! I've still been mooching around the threads but haven't updated my own!!

I've been on plan but just haven't had anything overly exciting to eat due to being in nights!

Day off today and I've had:
Grapes and banana topped with a muller light (free)

Salad (SF) ham and turkey (free) savoury rice (free) cheese (HEXA) 2 x wholemeal bread (HEXB) Mayo (2 syns)

So, my mini challenge has gone to pot with me having bread today! Grrrr! It's the first in 2 weeks though to be fair so I'm not complaining as I'd normally have it every day!!

Been to the gym and done 30 mins on treadmill and 10 mins on bike.

So it's an EE day today- I'm stuffed so don't know if I'll have anything else to eat yet today.

Hope everyone's having a good week.x

And absent again for a couple of days- I haven't been really bad but haven't been 100% on plan either. Bad habits of grabbing a biscuit here and there have crept in!
Weigh in yesterday and I had a STS so I decided that I would set my goal weight! Stayed behind at class and I've set target as 8'9. So I've got 3lbs to go! Ideally I would like to get that within a couple of weeks but if not, then definitely by the 30th march! I quit smoking on the 30th march last year so to be at target then would be amazing!!
Food so far today:-
Hi fi light bar (3 syns)

Lunch
2 x wholemeal bread (HEXB)
Ham
30g cheese (HEXA)
Pineapple (free)

I know I'm meant to be cutting out/down on bread but I haven't been shopping yet so had to make something that was in. Will have fruit and a muller before work and then I'm not sure what I'll take in. It's takeaway night in work (this only happens once every 5 weeks) so I might have chicken kebab without the pitta or if I get time I'll make something that's sw friendly but feels naughty like a curry or something.
X

So last night I had the chicken kebab- I don't think it'll be too bad as it was grilled chicken, salad and I had it in a wrap (I'm going to say that is my daily syn allowance) when I say last night, I mean Friday as it's now nearly 4am on Sunday morning but I've been on twilight type shifts.

Today's food (Saturday)
Fruit - pineapple, grapes, apple (SF) muller light yogurt (free)
2 x hi fi light bars (HEXB)

Subway salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber-SF) turkey (Free) cheese (HEXA) light mayo (2 syns)
Got some potato wedges from mcdonalds as I fancied some carbs, they aren't on the app but other alternatives average 10-12 syns so I'll go with that and I'm still within syn allowance for the day.

Went to the gym before work- literally had zero time so just slotted in a 20 minute run on treadmill. Needed to shower etc so figured I'd go there and just do what I could fit in.

Now time to sleep!!

Been absent for a week now- this won't happen again I promise. Oh has been off work this week so it's made things really difficult food wise and I missed class in Thursday because we wanted to make the most of our time together. Then On Friday I got ill. Not sure whats wrong but I have really bad stomach pains and last night I was sick. I've tried a few different types of medication for wind etc to see if that does the trick but every time I eat, I feel sick!!! Urrrrrgh!!!
Hoping to feel better tomorrow and get back on plan and most importantly back to the gym because I miss it and have had zero energy! Grrrrr!!
On nights this week so it'll be my normal script from tomorrow. I think I'll make some soup tomorrow too to ease myself back into the rating properly malarky! Totally not like me to be unwell, I suffer headaches regularly but nothing like this. If it's not cleared by Tuesday, I'll get myself to the docs. X

So, back to it today!
Still not feeling 100% but appetite it back with a vengeance!! Oh dear!! Because I've not been too good, I've made zero food plans so I'm not sure where to begin today!
I've got some roasted veg that I picked up yesterday in tesco reduced to 18p!! Whaaaaat! So I'll have that later with some meat or some sort. May nip to aldi and get some minted lamb as I've heard good things about it. So I think I'll start with a red day- in fact I might do a few days before WI as red as it will help in getting towards target. Going to go to the gym before work this evening and then again in the morning after I finish. Need to get my exercise back on track. Lunch will probably be a subway salad. Plenty of superfree.

So just finished night shifts and went to weigh in last night and I'd lost 1lb.
2lbs to go until target!
Really hoping I can get the 2lbs off this week!
Slow cooker is on now with pulled pork cooking nicely. Plan to have that later this evening with some slimming world chips and some salad!
Think I'll try and make a few slow cooker recipes this week.
Planning on upping the gym this week and updating on here daily. I find that if I update on here then it keeps me on track more.
Someone at class has told me about a Chinese supermarket nearby where you can get spices cheaply so I might make a couple of curries.
Will get a plan together over the course of today and make sure I stick to it as much as poss.x

Well done Steph.....so exciting being so near to target, I remember that feeling so well lol! x

Aw thanks Kim- I could have been there much sooner but I've really lost my mojo the last couple of weeks. Guess life sometimes gets in the way of things.
How's things with you?

Its a hard old battle Steph & can get very trying at times, but we all have to remember why we're losing weight, whatever the reason is. Believe me the hard bit is yet to come......maintaining! Have you decided how you're going to manage maintaining?
I've got to target twice now and both times have lost the plot for one reason or another & gained again.....drives me potty! If I have things to aim for, Im very focused & determined, but unfortunately the last 4 years have been difficult health wise & being off work......boo sucks lol! Things are looking up now as I have an appointment next Wednesday......only cos I got fed up waiting, so going private!

Its a hard old battle Steph & can get very trying at times, but we all have to remember why we're losing weight, whatever the reason is. Believe me the hard bit is yet to come......maintaining! Have you decided how you're going to manage maintaining? I've got to target twice now and both times have lost the plot for one reason or another & gained again.....drives me potty! If I have things to aim for, Im very focused & determined, but unfortunately the last 4 years have been difficult health wise & being off work......boo sucks lol! Things are looking up now as I have an appointment next Wednesday......only cos I got fed up waiting, so going private!

It certainly is hard Kim - I can't believe I ever actually got this far. So many times I've just given up when I've hit 9'7 and thought that my body settled at that weight but with a little bit of determination I beat that - I'm amazed. At least we've stuck at it hey. You've done amazingly with your health issues and still managing to come on here and offer support and advice and report how you're getting on. Most would have just jibbed the whole thing but you haven't. Well done!!

Great to hear that you've got an appointment next week. Shame that you've had to result to go private but at least things should get sorted. From what I've read previously, seems like you've had a really tough time (hugs)

I'm not really too sure about maintaining plan to be honest. I think I'll just have to play around every week and see where i settle at. Hopefully I'll shift the last two this week and then I'll be able to think about it. I'm a slow loser though so we'll have to see.

Today's plan:-

Grapes, strawberries (superfree)
Muller light (free)
Hi fi light bar (3 syns)

BBQ pulled pork (free)
30g cheddar HEXA
slimming world syn free chips
Wholemeal roll (HEXB)

May have some fruit later. The slimmer of the week didn't stay to class yesterday so fruit bowl got raffled off and I won so plan to eat my ways through the bowl this week to up my superfree!!

Back