Last attempt hopefully

pavschick

I have finally seen the light I hope,after many attempts.
I have to do this. I am suffering now from chronic pain in my knees and my mobility is suffering. In all the years of being over weight I have never felt so unfit. I could have kept up with the best of people. But this past 6 mths have really been a wake up call. So I have been going to plan for 2 weeks now and have started to walk 30 mins each day. Hopefully keeping a diary will keep me focused. My hubbie is also on board so hopefully we can be successful. We have done it before so can again. One day at a time.

pavschick said:
I have finally seen the light I hope,after many attempts.
I have to do this. I am suffering now from chronic pain in my knees and my mobility is suffering. In all the years of being over weight I have never felt so unfit. I could have kept up with the best of people. But this past 6 mths have really been a wake up call. So I have been going to plan for 2 weeks now and have started to walk 30 mins each day. Hopefully keeping a diary will keep me focused. My hubbie is also on board so hopefully we can be successful. We have done it before so can again. One day at a time.

Well things going quite well on the food front and was feeling quite confident. Starting walking on Monday and had managed 45 min each day but last night knee swelled up and I am in agony so no walking today. Really disapointed!! Hopefully will be down tomor. I think I am going to have to start swimming for low impact. But the willpower is still good and jeans getting looser.

When I first started losing weight 2 years ago, I had trouble with my knees, one suffers from an injury anyone but since losing weight its been no where near as bad as it used to be. I still don't do much exercise, just mostly walking when I get chance, i still have days where I can hardly bend my knee but I just ignore the pain now and walk anyway even though I have to go slower :) Stuck with it and your knees will improve :)

Thanks ally I'm hoping that feeling low today as can barely put my weight on it will just try to rest it for a few days and see what happens. Disgusted as we have borrowed my daughters wee dog and we were all enjoying the walk. Hubby will just have to go himself today with max.

Back