Last little bit...can i get there?

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
Hi all,

Thought i'd introduce myself. I'm pretty new st Sw, but not new to losing weight. I shed 5 Stones on a VLCD and between christmas and now have gained a little.
My target weight was 10 stones and i briefly went up to 11.2, but have managed to reign it in again and now sit at about 10.8. I've actually lowered my target weight to 9 and a half stones but i will see how i progress.
So i have been on SW for 2 weeks and i can honestly say i love it. I have only followed the EE days as i love the variety. I lost 2 pounds in my first week and i have my second weigh in tomorrow night....but not really expecting a loss as i feel bloated and a bit yucky at the moment. Aside from that i dont have lots to lose so even if i lose 0.5 pounds a week i'll be happy with that.
I totally dont care how long it takes me to get there, as i am loving the plan so much. I never feel deprived, and it's helped me get through so many food issues i had pre SW.

Anyways, apart from that i am a stay at home mum (not through choice but necessity (sp?)) to three Children aged 1, 2 and 3 and they pretty much utilise all the time i have at the moment.

Please feel free to post on my diary.

Will update my food diary later xx

Today's EE Menu

Breakfast: Bubble and Squeek with Egg and Ketchup (1 Syn) (bit random but i had it leftover and quite fancied it:)) Banana

Lunch: Egg Sandwich on Wholemeal (HEB) with 1 tsp Flora Ex light (0.5) Strawberries, Nectarines, Apple

Dinner: Roast Chicken with Butternut Squash, Asparagus, New Potatoes, Gravy (2 syns)

Dessert: Melon, Strawberries, 2 Mini Meringues (2 Syns), Mini Twister (2.5 Syns) all mixed together....was heavenly!

Further Snacks; Galia Melon, Mini Twister (2.5) 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Total Syns 10.5

Ack! Just had my weigh in and gained 0.5 lb. Kind of expected it really...even though i have stuck to plan my * week is due any day now so think i must have some fluid retention there.

Well today has been really busy, i took my 3 kids to see their nan, and we went to a beautiful park with swings and a sandpit. The weather was glorious so they all had a great day.
I wasn't really prepared foodwise as it was a last minute decision to go so i just took a load of fruit with me and that tied me over.

Think i will try a week on green/red days as opposed to EE, might give my weight a nudge in the right direction.

Breakfast: Leftover Bubble and Squeek with Ketchup (1 Syn) and Egg

Lunch: Bananas, Apples, Nectarine, 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB), Finger of Kitkat (2.5 Syns)

Dinner: Jacket spud with 2 tsp Flora Ex light (1 Syn), Baked Beans, Chicken And Leafy Salad

Extras 5 Marshmellows (5 Syns), 250ml Semi Skimmed (HEA), Lots of Water.

Total Syns 9.5

Well done on losing the 5 stone on the VLCD!!! I've tried it myself but it was too easy for me to break each time, so trying SW now and feeling better!! :D

Thanks Nellis, i must admit i like being on a VLCD....i was under the safety blanket of ketosis for so long that i never had any real hunger or cravings. It's only since i come off it that i seem to have real issues with food.

So today is my first red day and i must admit i find the vaiety not as extensive as EE but i'm still happy with it. Only thing is DH has just rang and suggested we go to a pub for some dinner tonight as the kids have drove me bonkers today and there is a nice play area for them to occupy themselves for a bit......couldn't really turn it down :)
Will choose an appropiate dinner, maybe they might do a mixed grill even though its a bit hot for it.

Menu so Far Red day

Breakfast: 3 egg omlette with bacon and mushroom, ketchup (1 Syn)
Lunch: Chicken and Bacon Sarnie on Wholemeal (HEB), Hellmans light (0.5 Syn), Mullerlight, Banana

Dinner: To be decided

The last two days have been a write off for me. The meal that i had out with DH and the kids was lovely, a nice country pub where i chose gammon rasher with Jacket potato but i accompanied it by two glasses of wine and a pudding....not good.
Yesterday i had a planned night out with some friends and was on plan for most of the day but then things slowly went downhill and i ended up eating off plan....this was followed by the consumption of a bottle of wine and some chips. So the weekend was heavy but i am not defeated....i just have to get back on track today.
BUT.....Me and DH have a trip to Barcelona on Tuesday, kids are staying with their Grandparents. So i will be lovely to spend some quality time with one another but again, i need to make sensible food choices. It wont be the food that is the problem, it will be the Sangria!!
I dont normally have such an active social life, it's just that everything has come at once.
Today i am planning a green day so will report with my menu later.

Ohhh hope you had a fab time in Barcelona, I went a year ago and loved it. x

Ohhh hope you had a fab time in Barcelona, I went a year ago and loved it. x

Just got back from Barcelona, and yep, i loved it. This was our second visit but i dont tire of it.
So, we had a great time, the food was delish....mainly tapas which i love and paella, but as predicted i got carried away with the sangria. It's the only time i drink the stuff but i really did overdo it.
I reasoned that i never get time alone with DH so i was going to enjoy it.
Anyway, have definately come back with a gain....clothes feel tighter and i just feel generally a bit fatter but as of tomorrow i will be back on track.
I have a hen weekend in two weeks time so would like to have lost a little by then.

Roll on tomorrow x

Back