Last Resort Emergency Meal

Hello All,

I'm wondering in the worst case scenario (I'm in a restaurant on holiday or with my partner) .. what meals are the best to eat to not completely throw my body out of ketosis. Normally I'd assume salads with no dressing but maybe that's not right. Does anyone have any tips what foods to go for if you need to eat 1 night for a birthday.

Look at page 16 of the book that came with your packs. A good meal can be made up from there. Green leafy veg, salad and chicken, turkey, fish etc. I personally have taken a bottle of balsamic vinegar to a restaurant and had that instead of a dressing :) Just stay away from the booze. It does the most damage of all both physically and emotionally!

Grilled chicken and salad is a good meal to go for as mainly protein based, avoid things like potatos, pasta, rice and you should be fine:)

Yeah that /\!

Stick with protein, try not to have too large a portion cos of the cals, plenty of leafy salad or green veg, avoid bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and other starchy veg.

Yogurt-based dressings are not too bad of you need something wet on the plate!

And erm do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do and steer clear of the puddings........:eek:

Also I see people saying various things about flavoured water/coke zero & diet coke being consumed while on the diet... is there anywhere on the exante site which says this is ok or does anyone have any other resources to back this up? I'm concerned that the artificial sweeteners in these drinks can have adverse effects when in ketosis.

It's an individual thing. Although Exante recommend nothing but water some can get away with it. It's just a case of try it and see what happens I'm afraid. Mark had diet coke with no ill effects at all.

Everton Lad, I have been drinking caffeine free diet coke since the beginning and it has not affected ketosis or my weigh loss, but I think it is up to the individual and how much you actually drink. One can has trace amounts of citric acid which is supposed to affect ketosis so I only have 1 can a day when I need to.

well it took me out of ketosis aswell as volvic flavoured water . Try tescos still straberry flavoured water has malic acid instead of citric im doing ok on that and its very nice x

Back