Last time diary

a lovely sunny morning..
thinking I will try going out this morning, see how my back and foot hold up to a bit of a walk.
Food for today
B Porridge HEB mixed with ff vanilla yogurt, banana and mixed berries
L mixed salad, ff vinaigrette and chicken slices and 20g low fat cheddar ...half HEA.other half goes on milk for tea.
D salmon, peas and mash made from potato, sweet potato and carrots. 2 tsp tartare sauce...3 syns
snacks...lots of fruit, and 2 x aldi small chocolate strips....10 syns

Mmm - a very tasty day. The mash sounds gorgeous.

I hope your walk went well and didn't cause you any problems.

walk went well, round town, no residual soreness today, so I think I will restart the daily jaunts.
had a good day yesterday, think I may have found a way to beat the evening munchies, chopped a big bowl of fruit and nibbled!
B yogurt and grapes
L bacon, beans and omelette.
D lamb shank, peope have said how good this is for 3.5 syns, just heat for 10 mins in microwave, with cauli, carrot and a few new potatoes
E mixed berries with ff greek yogurt and 2 tbsp low fat creme fraiche...2 syns
thats 5.5 syns, enough for a strip of chocolate at 5 syns. I had 2 last night ( counted), and found I didn't appreciate the second one, am happy just to have one now. If you are out there Patty, all your advice is coming true...big thanks.

I'm here! You've reminded me of another tip which I found helpful and that is not to think in pairs. It sounds daft, but instinct often leads us to eat things in even numbers so if you tend to have two of something just have one, eg one half of a jacket potato, if 4 then have 3 etc.

So pleased your walk went well.

As always, your food looks lovely, but where are your HExs? If it's a red day, then I imagine the beans and potatoes (if in their skins) are your HExBs, but if it's an EE day, they would be free. Are you using all your HExA in drinks today?

I've been meaning to ask if it would better for you if I use a larger font? if so, just say.

hi Patty,
i don't need large font, just think it looks nice, but thanks for thinking.
I do EE, and you are right, no HES. My HEB can be a slice of toast with vlf spread and 1 tsp ginger marmalade, 2.5 syns. Half my HEA is always the milk for 5 cups of tea, I could have 20 g low fat cheddar with a crunchy apple, mid afternoon. All this food, I am awaiting weigh in on Friday with mixed feelings, I know I have not had anything I shouldn't but I am eating more than I've eaten for years!
You always sound bright and cheerful, your hubby looks lovely, maybe thats why. My husband is tying up things in France, where we have lived for the past 9 years, then he will join me here in Burton upon Trent.

I often use cheese for snacking on too - it can be surprisingly filling. It sounds as though the bread could be good to have with your evening cuppa? Toast and ginger marmalade - gorgeous!

Peter is lovely, but he's not the greatest supporter! Unfortunately, he shows his love by buying altogether too many treats which is a real test of my will. I've tried to educate him but am clearly not teacher material!

feel ready for a good day today....
am sitting in bed with a cuppa..the first of the day and always the best, and a bowl of mixed chopped fruit to start the day healthily
B Porridge HEB, ff vanilla yogurt and mixed berries
L Salad with tinned salmon and chopped apple, 20g low fat cheddar HEA half. (One of the titanium rods in my back has snapped!!! So have to eat loads of calcium rich foods....and not bend, turn or lift till the end of this month...)
D syn free chicken dopiaza with rice....0.5 syn for half a bag of 2 minute rice.
i went a bit mad with the chocolate last night, SO cross with myself. If I have minimal syns till weigh in on Friday, I wonder if it will sort of even out?

Whew, how life can change...pain++ again today, really sad, as was going to my local knit and natter, now I am staying at home...burning pretty well no calories, so am going to cut portion sizes.
B usual egg, toast HEB , vlf spread and a scrape of marmalade. HEA will be half for cuppas, and half as 20g low fat cheddar with an apple....2 syns
L its a using up day, so lean bacon, baked beans and a few cold new potatoes. 1 syn for brown sauce. 0% lemon greek yogurt
D my chicken jalfraizi made enough for tonight as well. Instant rice... 1.5 syns
have lots of soft fruit to use up, so that will be my snacks
thats 4.5 syns, will indulge with a choc slice this evening...5 syns.
well, thats me sorted for today.

So sorry you're in pain. Is that your back? Backache makes doing anything difficult but I imagine what you're going through is far worse than anything I've ever had. I hope you didn't do too much the other day. It's a good thing you've already got dinner sorted.

Hope things improve quickly.

Oh my goodness, I re read my diary and sound like a proper whinger, I am so sorry....
just to explain, then I am done with matters of health. During the op they moved a nerve and paralysed my leg, so from time to time it gives me great pain, means I can't drive etc.
thats it now, just food diary talk, wouldn't want to lose you
have a good day.

Oh my goodness, I re read my diary and sound like a proper whinger, I am so sorry....
just to explain, then I am done with matters of health. During the op they moved a nerve and paralysed my leg, so from time to time it gives me great pain, means I can't drive etc.
thats it now, just food diary talk, wouldn't want to lose you
have a good day.

That sounds nasty! I haven't got the impression you're whinging and you're entitled to say what you want on your own thread. I sound off about all sorts on mine and I think it gives me something to turn to other than food when I'm feeling upset or whatever. I have a few people I follow on Minis who have various problems and I like to support them where I can, so you won't lose me, lol!

Stayed the same, a bit disheartening but as I am just sitting all day, its better than having put on.
B HEB toast, vlf spread and marmalade...2 syns, and a bunch of grapes. HEA will be half in cuppas and half as 20g reduced fat cheddar
L mixed salad with salmon, ham and cheddar. Ff vinaigrette
D WW chicken risotto ready meal...6.5 syns. With carrot and broccoli
S fruit, 0% greek style yogurts and an Aldi cereal bar...4.5 syns
that is 13 syns. I had wondered about cutting them down as I have not lost any weight.
thats me done till tomorrow

It is disheartening when you STS, I agree. I had many weeks when this happened and in the end, I learned to accept it as actually being something to, not exactly celebrate, but not to despair over either. Unfortunately, losing weight does become harder with age - sorry! I was aiming for a lower target, but in the end had to settle for a higher one as it was just not happening.

The usual recommendations are: mixing up your HExs, particularly the B choice (but you do this anyway), upping fluids, trying a few Red days or trying Success Express (there's a sticky for this). I don't know whether any of these would be worth trying before you cut your Syns down? You could try having, say, 10 Syns a day with a 'float' of e.g. 5 extra ones across the week so that if you really need something extra, you can have it with no sense of guilt.

Right, here we go again.
i was reading that some people do their syns for a week, if you started it the day after weigh in, you may have a lean few days just before next weigh in, not such a bad thing, methinks. I go back to France again in a weeks time, for the visit of dd and 3 grandchildren, so a controlled week now would be good.
B 0% greek style natural yogurt, some ff vanilla yogurt, banana and mixed berries.
L mixed salad, free vinaigrette...3 citrus vinaigrette from Tesco, lovely and tangy. Chopped apple, 20g lf cheddar. A bit like yesterday, but I have to empty the frig in the next week.
D JP with some yogurt and mint sauce....1 syn, lean bacon and dry fried eggs.
S cereal bar 4.5 syns.
as I am just sitting all day, like a big blob, I will say 70 syns for the week.
just realised I have no HEB... A piece of toast, vlf spread and a scrape of ginger marmalade as a min afternoon snack...yum. 2 syns
62.5/70

Last edited:
A different day today,
i was taken out to lunch by my daughter and her boyfriend...and they paid!
i feel pleased with myself as I think I made some good choices.
B banana and nectarine
L buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad...no oil. Gammon with fresh pineapple and peas, gave chips to daughter. They then had Ice cream cones but I resisted. Before, going out to eat was always a problem, and I had to write off the day, but not today.
have not had my HEB, so think I will have toast with an egg for tea, still syns for my cereal bar.
Syns today... None at lunch, I don't think. Vlf and marmalade with toast...2 cereal bar 4.5
56/70

B. Porridge HEB with grapes and banana and ff vanilla yogurt.
L. Mixed salad with hard boiled egg and ham and chopped apple . Vinaigrette...2 syns
d. Salmon with frozen peas and mash. Tartatr sauce 3 syns.
lots of fruit and. Cereal bar 6 syns.
45/70

I've been absent from the forum over the weekend.

I would say you did really well yesterday; it's a great feeling when you can have a treat like that and still stay on plan.

It's definitely worth trying the weekly Syn allowance. It might not be strictly SW, but I firmly believe you have to find a way to make the plan work for you and if you find you have days when you have very few Syns and days when you desparately need them then I don't see why you should be 'punished' for not spreading them out evenly. This week I trying a maximum of 10 Syns a day, with a 'float' of a further 15 allowed across the week making a maximum of 85; not quite the same as you're doing, but similar. The advantage with trying tweaks like this is not only that you may find something which works for you, but they also keep you engaged with what you are trying to achieve.

Thank you also for your comment on your 'Lifesavers' thread - I'm flattered, but very happy, to have this role!

Grey morning here in the Midlands, but spirits high. Pain less this morning, so hopefully I can walk a little...yeh!
B banana, HEB toast with dry fried egg, vlf spread and scrape of ginger marmalade....2 syns
L invited to a friends house....this, I think is harder than a restaurant, as you have, for politeness sake, eat what is put in front of you.....maybe I should leave the HEB and see what happens!
D tba depending on lunch......I will write my diary this afternoon!!!

OK, back from lunch out so can do my diary
B banana and nectarine
L slice lean ham, small square quiche ( didn't eat the pastry).salad and new potatoes.....?8 syns for quiche.
Meringue nest....3 syns with raspberries and a heaped tbsp lf creme fraiche....2 syns
D that leaves me my HEA..half, so 20 g lf cheddar, my HEB bread, dry fried egg and scrape marmalade..2 syns
syns today...15
30/70

Was not so much a fall from the wagon, more a gentle slide....allow 20 syns as an estimate. So 3 lean days for me
B magic porridge...tried it and hated it...porridge is meant to be hot!! Banana
L mixed salad, ham, apple, 20 g lf cheddar, 1 tbsp vinaigrette ..1 syn
D bacon, sweet potato oven chips egg and beans
lots of fruit.
no more syns
9/70.... May have to increase to 15 for the last 3 days....so21 syns left

Back