Last time diary

Right, SIL goes home this morning, DD and grandchildren arrive Friday, so 3 VERY good days till then.
B egg, HEB toast etc....2 syns
L mixed salad with tuna. Vlf mayo ....1 syn
D leek and smoked salmon risotto with carrots and broccoli
S ff yogurts, fruit, 2 x fun time chocolate bars....8 syns
11 syns for the day

It sounds as though you are doing extremely well in the face of temptation. We need to paraphrase the old saying of taking the rough with the smooth to create a SW version - the flexisyn with the low syn? Hmm - doesn't quite trip off the tongue!

thanks Patty
just the two of us today..., easier to plan
B cereal 35 g, banana and half HEA milk
L out for lunch with girlfriends...can they be called girl friends when we are all nearly 70?..anyhow, a serve yourself salad, nothing with a creamy sauce, and a big bowl of fresh fruit salad....free
D salmon, new potatoes , broccoli and carrot. 2 tsp tartare sauce....? 4 syns
so, 8 syns for 2 mini choc bars.

No woman is ever too old to be a girl friend!

That sounds like a really nice and relaxed day, with lovely food into the bargain. I love salmon! I think you've been generous with the Syns for the tartare sauce. My book says 3 for a level tablespoon, so I would think you've had about 2 Syns worth - unless the teaspoons were heaped, of course!

Hope you're able to have another good day tomorrow before the next lot of visitors.

good morning
a busy day here, preparing for 3 grandkids, 7, 5 and 18 months...out come the toys, the cot, the high chair...I need to buy full fat milk, full fat yogurts etc etc...all a bit tempting, but this time I will stand firm, am buying myself some lovely Activia ff yogurts.
B HEB bread with scrape and scrape, marmalade and vlf spread...bread 70 g so will add a syn for extra weight.....3 syns.
L mixed salad with tuna, chopped apple anf balsamic vinegar. Ff fruit yogurt
D saved the extra lovely gravy from the chicken vindaloo the other night, will cook a turkey breast and some veg, let it marinade and that will be lovely, with rice. Mango chutney 2 tsp....?4 syns
7 syns so far....

sTS at weigh in this morning, quite pleased with that. Will hope to be the same after the childrens visit, have to resist the temptations of baguette, crepes with nutella etc.
BUT, I am in this for the long haul, will never have these long sessions with the children again, and I must make the most of them.
B egg, bread, scrape and scrape....3 syns...add a banana for SF
L salad with meat and balsamic vinegar, activia 0% fruit yogurt
D merguez ( spicy) sausages...will have 2 with mash and baked beans.....4 syns
lots of fruit and maybe a couple more yogurts whenever cake or biscuits appear.
well, thats the plan

Whew, a busy day with the children....
B HEB bread, scrape and scrape...2 syns. Nectarine and banana
L out at reataurant...duck, boiled rice, stuffed tomatoes, green beans. Fresh fruit...maybe 2 syns
D baguette...4 syns, low fat philly, 15 g brie, 2 slices lean ham. Small piece gateau basque with 1 scoop vanilla ice cream...not good, but SO MUCH better than it could have been.

Oh very much better than it could have been! In fact, I'd say it was good - a bit of a treat but not extravagantly so. (Needless to say, I mean calorie/Syn wise)

i love the 'scrape and scrape'! It gets a bit tedious typing the same thing over and over, doesn't it? I found myself resorting to 'the usual'!

Hi Patty
it is thundering here like the end of the world, the house is shaking, such a shame for the people over here on holiday.
thanks for your replies, it makes diary writing so much more interesting, if you know someone else is at the other end of it!

Am not doing my diary till Friday, due to lack of time, don't expect to have lost at Fridays weigh in, but am doing the best I can during this week.

I think that is true, my grandchildren are growing like weeds, soon I won't be the favoured one...I'm not a grandma who can race around with them sadly, but I have a lovely big...sadly...comfy lap and can make up stories in my head on any subject...

right, here I am again, have just waved a sad, but relieved goodbye to DD and 3 babes....2 weeks to go before DDIL and 2 babes arrive....gulp. I intend to get back on track for those 2 weeks. Weigh in today shows I have put on 0.4 kilos, so not too bad.
B egg on HEB toast with scrape and scrape, 3 apricots...2 syns
L salad bowl with tuna and ham, vlf mayo 1 syn, balsamic vinegar.
D lamb korma with peas from this months SW magazine, with rice....free
Snacks...2 x 0% fruit yogurt, grapes, apricots and apples
1x full fat yogurt, left from kids visit...3.5 but worth it.
special k bar 6 syns
so 12.5 today.
92.5/105

Last edited:
Good first day back yesterday, hoping for another today
B HEB toast with scrape and scrape...2 syns, apricots and grapes
L mixed free salad with roast chicken and 2 tbsp vlf mayo...1 syn.
D 2 x halal very lean spicy chipolatas...can't syn them but will say 2 each. SW chips and baked beans.
S lots of fruit and special k cereal bar...6 syns. Options hot chocolate...2 syns
so, full 15 syns today, but thats Ok.
82.5/105

Wild and windy day here in France, such a shame for the holidaymakers. It is a day for doing indoor jobs, much to the dismay of DH.
we are following a week of SW recipes from an old magazine, red and green days...
today...red
B bacon, mushrooms egg and tomato
L HEB bread with vlf mayo and chicken, red onion and tomato, followed by 0% fruit yogurt....1 syn
D cottage pie with swede and celeriac mash...think this must be from a winter mag!
So, I shall use half a HEA on cuppas, will have 15 g cheddar with a crunchy apple.
the other HEB will be a piece of toast this evening with scrape ans scrape....luxury....2 syns
syns so far 3, will have cereal bar for 6 and options for 2 . Total 11
73.5/105

Hi hunnibee, good to see you...
still stormy here, you have had it bad in the UK as well, I think.
yesterdays menu went well, seems a real treat to have 2 x HEA and B on red and green days.
Doing EE today as a busy day....went to the garage to arrange the sale of our cars here, so that we can afford to get one in the UK on our return, then DH has MRI this pm, so food needs to fit.
B HEB porridge with 0% vanilla fromage frais and banana
half HEA on milk for cuppas, half for 15 g cheddar with an apple this evening...can't get low fat cheese here!
L free big salad with tuna and ham, balsamic vinegar. 0% fruit yogurt
d as yesterday, chilli mince with mashed celeriac and turnip.
fresh apricots are in season here, so will gorge on them as snacks.
Hmmm, no syns so far...tba, but will say 10....OK 15, had coffee and slice of cake, so used all my syns in one go.
58.5/105

Last edited:
Ive never done a green/red day,must be good to have extra healthy extras :) The weather has calmed down now here in Devon :)

B. Egg on toast HEB with scrape of vlf spread and 1 tsp marmalade....2 syns. Banana and apricots
L jacket potato with beans and 15 g cheddar. Other half of HEA on milk. Vinaigrette...1 syn
D grilled lean ham with tinned tomatoes and SW chips
S lots of fruit. Ff yogurts, and cereal bar...5 syns
total syns expected...8
50.5/105....with 2 days to go.

Back