Last time diary

Grandkids left yesterday....phew! Lovely but tiring.
weight up by 0.8k, 2lbs, but thats not too bad. 3 weeks before DD and boyfriend arrive!
B HEB toast, scrape and scrape, egg and an apple....2 syns
L use up soup, all vegetables ff fruit yogurt....2 syns
D salmon steak with mash and peas. 2 tsp tartare sauce....4 syns
snack...15 g brie, half HEA with 2 sweet crispbread.....5 syns?
thats 13, but will leave me feeling good about the days eating.

Last edited:
Sunny day, jobs to do, so time to get up and get going....nearly
B 1 shredded wheat with 15 g all bran, half HEA milk and mixed berries
L veg soup, ff yogurt
D omelette, sw wedges and baked beans. Brown sauce....2 syns
S cereal bar 5 syns. Lots of plums.

Caved at the last minute, yesterday, ate a bag of crisps!
B HEB bread from new loaf, scrape and scrape, grapes....2 syns
L mixed free salad with tuna. 1 tbsp vlf mayo. Ff yogurt.....1 syn
D beef madras with boiled rice
3 syns so far....

How are you, and how are you getting on?

Hi Patty
lost my way a bit, but have woken up this morning with renewed enthusiasm. Moving house across countries is SO difficult, red tape in English is bad enough, French beaurocracy is a nightmare...and everyone goes on holiday in August....whole departments shut down! We have to cancel French healthcare to be able to rejoin NHS etc.
however that is no excuse.
thank you for thinking of me
B HEB toast, egg, scrape....2 syns banana
L jacket spud and salad. Fish. Vlf mayo 1 syn
D out to friends, but he is a SW member, so hopefully I can enjoy with a clear conscience.

I reckon you're entitled to get lost when moving! There's more than enough to cope with when moving just within the same town, so moving countries must be immensely stressful. I too have had a tough week SW-wise. A week-end away was one thing, but I really struggled to get back on plan but like you, I woke up yesterday in a much better frame of mind and have actually achieved a 100% day today, albeit with slightly more Syns than I would have liked, but I'm certainly not going to fret about that. Keep taking baby steps and you'll soon be marching along again.

Back to France today for the last 2 weeks, visit from DD and new man, then putting the pool to bed for the winter and de-cluttering to make the house into a family holiday home.
todays eating, weird but hopefully ok
B HEB cereal with half HEA milk and banana
L pasta and sauce...taking it with me as fridge will be empty...added peas for fibre
D frozen pre- cooked SW chicken madras and half a pack of 2 minute rice...1 syn I think

Weighed in today ans STS unbelievably. Thats fired me up to do well before DD comes.
B 1 shredded wheat with 15 g all bran. Milk from HEA
L ate at supermarket so difficult to syn, but did my best...half a starter of cold meat. Lamb stew with almonds and spicy sauce, small portion...maybe 4, boiled rice, creamed celery...3? And green beans. Bowl of strawberries, pineapple and grapes....its harvest time here, so grapes are everywhere...2 tbsp fromage blanc....3 maybe. Thats 10 for the meal, could be worse.
D lots of fruit and a couple of ff yogurts.
options hot choc this evening.

Sunny day, good sleep, feeling good...
B HEB bread, scrape and a banana.....2 syns
L mixed salad, tinned tuna. Vlf mayo....1 syn
D SW chicken madras with rice. 2 heaped tsp mango chutney....4 syns
options hot choc......2 syns
fell a bit yesterday evening, say 20 syns for the day.
76/105

Finding SW difficult at present, I'm no overeating but keeping to syns is hard. Going to take a sabbatical, will be back living in the UK on 24 th of this month with the new enthusiasm I seem to have lost at present.
i'll re-start my diary then.

Finding SW difficult at present, I'm no overeating but keeping to syns is hard. Going to take a sabbatical, will be back living in the UK on 24 th of this month with the new enthusiasm I seem to have lost at present.
i'll re-start my diary then.

Good luck with the move.Thats the good thing about sw, its always there to go back to.look forward to reading your diaries when you're ready :)

Thank you, its good to know there are people out there who are interested.
i look forward to the vast choice of SW friendly foods there are in the UK
see you soon

With all the flitting back and forth together with visitors, I'm not surprised you're struggling! Treating the next couple of weeks as a sabbatical seems like a good idea to me and as you so rightly say, things will be much easier when you're back in the UK and can properly Syn things. Make the most of the next few weeks and take the chance to have at least some of the things you love but can't get in the UK. Coming back will help act as a natural break and I think you'll be ready to get back on plan. Enjoy!

Well, here I am, safely tucked up in my flat in the UK.
just done a shop, all good healthy stuff, so will weigh in tomorrow am and start again.
feel motivated, so fingers crossed.
feels good to be back on the forum, you are my conscience!

Well, here I am, safely tucked up in my flat in the UK.
just done a shop, all good healthy stuff, so will weigh in tomorrow am and start again.
feel motivated, so fingers crossed.
feels good to be back on the forum, you are my conscience!

Good to see you back.good luck at your weigh in tomorrow and your weight loss journey :)

Day 1
B HEB porridge with berries and 0% vanilla yogurt. Banana
L mixed salad with 15g cheese, half HEA, other half in cuppas. Ham, fat free dressing and balsamic vinegar.
D free chicken curry. Sachet of 2 minute rice...1 syn
Snacks. Lots of fruit, liquorice tea, curly wurly...5 syns
have reset my ticker, looks very sad, but more realistic!

Last edited:
Horrid wet morning, so decided to go to ikea for a new standard lamp and a mooch round...DH muttering that we will buy more!
B HEBtoast, agg, scrape and scrape...2 syn
L mixed salad with tinned fish, ff dressing, apple. Ff yogurt.
D cauli cheese...need to find a SW friendly recipe, say 4 syns, grilled lean bacon and new potatoes
S 6 syns so far with meals...see how the day goes.
100% day yesterday

Hmm, spent £80, but got things we didn't even know we needed!
another good day yesterday, here is the plan for today.
B half HEB bread, egg, scrape and scrape..2 syns
HEA half on cuppas, half on 15g blue brie...yum
L mixed salad bowl with tinned fish, ff dressing, ff yogurt
D as DH wants to watch the lunchtime match, he will make his famous syn free chilli, with a pack of 2 min rice...1 syn
lots of fruits during the day, liquorice teas, and a freddo bar...4.5 syns
total syn....7.5

Hmm, spent £80, but got things we didn't even know we needed!
another good day yesterday, here is the plan for today.
B half HEB bread, egg, scrape and scrape..2 syns
HEA half on cuppas, half on 15g blue brie...yum
L mixed salad bowl with tinned fish, ff dressing, ff yogurt
D as DH wants to watch the lunchtime match, he will make his famous syn free chilli, with a pack of 2 min rice...1 syn
lots of fruits during the day, liquorice teas, and a freddo bar...4.5 syns
total syn....7.5

Which rice is it? x

Back