Last time diary

Welcome back to England and good luck with the fresh start.

IKEA is a great place for finding things you didn't know you needed - Peter hates going for that reason (and for the fact that they make you trek all the way through the shop to get the one thing you DID know you needed)!

Cauliflower cheese is a favourite dish of mine - I tend to have it as a main meal with SW chips on a Green Day so I've plenty of cheese and milk to make a proper cheese sauce. I would rather use a few Syns on the genuine thing than faff around trying to make an apology of a sauce out of Quark or some other doubtful ingredient!

Hi Patty
its good to be back in control of my eating. There will still be the odd blip, meals out with friends cos at my age I think the scenic route is the way for me.
B HEB porridge with ff vanilla yogurt, berries and banana.
L omelette and salad with ff dressing. Yogurt
D pasta with SW carbonara sauce, bacon bits and chestnut mushrooms...
S half HEA cambazola cheese, low fat philly and 2 crispbread....5 syns
Freddo bar 4.5 syns.
lots of lovely fruit.
oh, it feels so good to be eating well again.

The scenic route is the best way! I think you're far more likely to keep the weight off when you reach target if you've had the odd blip along the way as you've learned how to assimilate SW principles into everyday life. I'm convinced that those who arrive at target having gone down the motorway with no breaks are the ones who also make a speedy return journey.

Mind you, as someone who's taken many a wrong turn on my own scenic trip, I might be a bit biased!

Missed out a day yesterday, not really sure why, but it was an on track day.
today
B 2 slices of toast..HEB + 3 syn, scrape and scrape with a dry fried egg and a banana...5 syn, but had been swimming and was hungry.
L free salad with jacketspud tuna and cottage cheese. Free yogurt.
D chilli and a bag of rice...1 syn
S Freddo and lots of fruit.

B CerealHEB, ff vanilla yogurt, berries and banana
L jacketspud, ff cottage cheese and salad, free dressing
D tagliatelli with strips of lean pork, boursin, low fat philly and ff greek yogurt....7 syns
snacks...freddo...4.5

STS on weigh in, despite a 100% week, slow and steady obviously my path. I am out for meals twice next week so will have syn free days.
swimming this morning, 20 lengths
B bacon, egg and grilled tomato, HEB toast with scrape and scrape. Grapes....2 syns
L jacketspud with free cottage cheese and salad, free vinaigrette, ff yogurt
D Chinese takeaway with the girls, boiled rice and will look up the lowest syn meal...

STS on weigh in, despite a 100% week, slow and steady obviously my path. I am out for meals twice next week so will have syn free days.
swimming this morning, 20 lengths
B bacon, egg and grilled tomato, HEB toast with scrape and scrape. Grapes....2 syns
L jacketspud with free cottage cheese and salad, free vinaigrette, ff yogurt
D Chinese takeaway with the girls, boiled rice and will look up the lowest syn meal...

I reckon it will show in the scales next week,it sometimes works that way for alot of the ladies in my group.Beef & mushrooms with boiled rice is always my low syn favourite.have a lovely evening :)

I reckon it will show in the scales next week,it sometimes works that way for alot of the ladies in my group.Beef & mushrooms with boiled rice is always my low syn favourite.have a lovely evening :)

thank you for that, the blue bible...if I can say that, puts beef and mushroons at 4.5 syns. May even have enough for a Freddo for supper. I even cut a Freddo in half one day last week to stay within syns!!!

Enjoyed my beef and rice last night, others were passing round sweet and sour, duck..all sorts of goodies.
today
B HEB toast, scrape and scrape....2 syns
L pasta & sauce with peas and mushrooms...3.5 syns
D DH has gone out, so a no meat evening, hooray! Sweet omelette with banana and 0% greek yogurt.
Half my HEA is on cuppas, 15g campazola for the other half, with 2 crispbread...4 syns, and an apple.
just enough left for a Freddo.
lovely days eating...

Pouring with rain this morning, lazy day I think, DH will be watching sport...with headphones.
B HEB toast, s&s, egg and banana....2 syns
L jacketspud with salad, ff cottage cheese and citrus dressing...1 syn. Yogurt
D pork chop, roasted vegetables and new potatoes
Snacks...HEA cheese 15 g, crispbread x 2 ...4 syns, Freddo 4.5 syns 11.5 syns. Lots of fruit and liquorice teas

B toast with s&s again! I should vary it, but DH brings it with a cup of tea so I have breakfast in bed...lovely
L out for lunch. Will go for meat and veg and no pudding.
D probably a sweet omelette and banana
had a blip last night and ate all my Freddo in one go....:( so no syns today.

Wet and windy, have 2 loads of wet washing to get dry...
no matter, all will get done
B HEB porridge, vanilla ff yogurt and a banana
L jacketspud with salad and cottage cheese, citrus vinaigrette 1 tbsp....1 syn
D quorn sausages with roasted vegetables and a couple of new potatoes
trying for a low syn day to offset evening nibbling

The weather is so different today; it's hard to think that yesterday we had a picnic and enjoyed an ice-cream in the sun!

Your menu looks ideal for a Green day, so you have extra HExs for evening nibbles if you need something - a couple of crispbreads with some cheese perhaps? (I'm assuming you use Frylight and not a HEXB of EVOO for roasting your veg).

Stayed on track yesterday, having a harder time than usual at the moment, so one day at a time.
B banana, egg on toast, s&s....2 syns
L jacketspud with tuna and ff cottage cheese and salad. Vinaigrette..1 syn
D beef madras done in the slow cooker with 2 minute rice, 2 tsp mango chutney...5 syns
8 syns.

Decided to join the winter challenge as a short term goal is always a good thing.
today, weather permitting, finish off putting the garden to bed for winter then go to Tamworth, a 10 minute drive away, where I worked for 20 years but have never explored.
B berries and yogurt. Banana
L to be decided
D lovely beef madras last night...DH does all the cooking...but lots of juice left over, so chopped up some cooked quorn sausages and added them last night to be really juicy, with mash, sprouts and broccoli. Yum
that leaves HEB &HEA for the evening, for a change

Gained a pound..
getting fed up with this now....I know I will lose slowly as I can't walk far....steel rods the length of my back and a paralysed leg :( but I have been told lots of times that SW still works.
OK, whingeing won't get me anywhere, time for a rethink.
what choices do I have.
1 Absolute honesty about what I eat..
2 ? Smaller portions
3 try and move a bit more
4 give up
5 cut my syns down as I don't burn much energy.
I'm Going to spend today thinking things over, whilst knitting Pierre the Bear for my grandson.
OK OK OK

B Porridge with ff vanilla yogurt and berries
L jacket spud, salad and cottage cheese with chopped ham. Dressing 1 syn. Fruit yogurt
D 2x tesco healthy living sausages, baked beans and SW chips
lots of fruit

How frustrating - I feel for you! I was originally aiming for a fraction under 10st as a target but just couldn't get there and settled for 10st 7lb instead and it takes a lot of work to stay there. Whilst I'm sure it was said with tongue in cheek, I'd urge you not to give up as the alternative is just too awful to contemplate for your body.

I assume you're bearing in mind that weight does fluctuate and that you might just have caught a higher weight - tomorrow it may be lower again. Perhaps you had something a bit salty yesterday which could have lead to fluid retention? I know you're also lucky enough to have a husband who cooks - is it possible that he's tweaking recipes a little with undesirable consequences?

Only you know how honest you're being about your diary but could you be having little extras that you forget about? I had a habit of carefully weighing out grated cheese and then slicing a litte off the edge of the block to neaten it and popping the trimmings into my mouth - do this several times a week and that's quite a few extra calories!

It could be that you have reached a time when you need to either reduce your portions and/or reduce the amount of fruit you eat - the only way to find out is to try it. It's hard, I know as I like to see a full plate and I was brought up to clear it which is a very hard habit to break; perhaps a slightly smaller plate would help if you also have this 'problem'.

Have a bit of a sulk about it but do soldier on as it is worth it. One final thought - sometimes I found that having a day off plan seems to get things moving down again. It's almost as though my body said 'Oh, you're not starving me so I don't need to hang on to all the fat'! I'm not sure whether to suggest you try it, or not!

Good luck!

Back