Last time diary

Hi patty
I think my morale needs a day off...so we will eat the steak and gravy pie that has been taking up space in my freezer. Its only a tabletop freezer! Will have it with peas and Chips. Then tomorrow, start of a week with no eating out, so we'll see.
thank you Patty for the support.

Back on course, sunny day, all positive today
B grilled bacon, mushrooms, grilled tomato and egg. HEB bread, scrape and scrape..2 syns
L jacketspud and salad, vinaigrette...1 syn. Tuna in vinegar. Ff fruit yogurt
D SW thai chicken curry with a half pack 2 minute rice...1 syn.
have no chocolate in the house any more, so will have a cereal bar....6 syns
lots of fruit and liquorice tea

Didn't post yesterday, but had a good day.
today is going well..
B sweet omelette, banana, ff greek yogurt and berries
L HEB toast with spaghetti in tomato sauce, 1 tbsp brown sauce. Ff yogurt, orange and grapes...1 syn
D SW chilli and rice
E 2x crispbread, 30g low fat philli, half HEA cheese....5 syns
cereal bar...6 syns and grapes.

Stayed on track yesterday, having a good run.NSF Patty has suggested a red day today, so....
B HEB porridge with ff vanilla yogurt and berries
L bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms, HEB BREAD 2 fore scrape and scrape
D sweet omelette, berries, banana and 0% greek yogurt
8 syns so far, so a cereal bar for supper
Is it 1 or 2 HEA on a red day...if its 2 I shall have 45g wensleydale cheese (other half for milk)....with a crisp apple for supper.
thanks again Patty, must find somewhere to read up on Red and Green days

Last edited:
Well done on the good run.

Today could be a Red day, so if your toast at lunch was wholemeal you could count it as a second B choice to save some of your precious Syns!

B HEB toast, egg, spread and marmalade, banana...2 syns
L jacketspud, salad, cottage cheese, salmon and salad. Vinaigrette..1 syn
D chilli and rice...1 syn
trying not to use too many syns today

Lost a bit of weight...hooray.
going to my daughters tomorrow till next Wednesday, will try to be SW friendly but hope to stay the same at next weigh in.

Lovely, if calorie-laden weekend, back now and ready to catch the wagon.
B HEB toast, S&s, dry fried egg and banana
L cauliflower and cheese soup..recipe thanks to soup thread. Yogurt and fruit.
D pork chop and roasted vegetables. Ff greek yogurt, cherries and ff vanilla yogurt...sounds odd, but is lovely
2 syns so far.

STS but know why, children and chocolate!
B porridge with ff yogurt, banana and berries
L jacketspud with beans. Fruit
D new slow cooker so big beef stew with all the veg under the sun in. I used some wine...but most of the calories burn away, say 2 per serving.
lots of fruit, Freddo bar...4.5 syns
will try to stick at that as have a posh, long frock dinner tomorrow!

A STS under the circumstances is a victory and to be celebrated - but not with chocolate!

I hope you had a lovely time at the dinner. I tend to take events like that as being off-plan but avoid (if I'm strong-willed enough!) the extras, such as bread rolls, cream etc. it's always hard when it's a set menu.

Like you, I spend a lot of my Syns on chocolate and sweets, biscuits etc. but I've challenged myself to do a week without any. Today is day 4, so I'm nearly halfway through! I'm finding it easier than expected at the moment, but I seem to be in a resolute frame of mind at the moment which could change at any minute!

Great, Patty, you are doing so well, you seem to have a whole load of willpower.
my meal out was OK, a turkey roast dinner, but pud was a brandy snap basket filled with cream and fruit!
anyway, that was then, this is now
B HEB toast, scrape and scrape, banana and orange
L going to the cash and carry, so jacketspud in their "cafe" with chilli, probably 5 syns.
D roast chicken, baked beans and SW chips. Brown sauce...1 syn
lots of liquorice tea and fruit.

Good day yesterday, a battle with the evening nibbles, but I stopped at 15 syns...
sunny day, time to tackle all the leaves in the garden!
friends back in France tell me its 30 degrees, they are spending a lot of time in the pool....DH says...."remind me why we moved back"....
B HEB bread roll with scrape, egg. Banana
L chicken and ham salad, 2 syns for dressing
Dsomething SW free with chicken and lots of spices...rice 1 syn
i find it much better to have virtually syn free days then I can count out my syns for the evening, put them in a bowl and just enjoy.

Last edited:
Sadly, have done badly for the last couple of days.
will weigh in tomorrow am and kick my bum into gear again. No excuses, just sheer piggery.
today
B HEB toast, scrape and marmalade and banana...3 syns
L mushroom omelette with salad, 1 syn for vinaigrette and a ff ww yogurt
D slow cooked SW beef and veg with red wine...0.5 syn
4.5 syns so far.
evening munchies...6 syns for a cereal bar, grapes, satsumas and a pear

100% day yesterday.
B HEB cereal with half HEA milk, banana
L pasta & sauce, mushrooms and frozen peas ww yogurt
D sweet omelette, berries, banana and 0% greek yogurt. DH having steak,
free day so far, will have 2 crispbread, low fat philly and 3 syns of cheese this evening....9 syns, then a cereal bar and fruit later.

Thanks Patty for the hint, I will make today a Green day...forgive my ignorance, but do you still have syns on a Green day, or just the 2 HEA and 2HEB.?
your help is always appreciated

Oh yes, you still have Syns but be aware that some things which contain ingredients which are not free (meat/fish etc) or HExs on Green have a different Syn value . Cheese, chocolate etc keep the same Syn value.

Are you a member? If so, you should be able to download some helpsheets from the website.

This, from the sticky 'How SW works' on the main SW forum puts it a bit better:

Red and Green
Back before there was Extra Easy there were Red Days and Green Days (at the start there was only Red days also know as original) those plans work very similarly, but the free foods are different, you can have 2 A's and 2 B's and the list of B's are different. On a Red Day the free foods are lean meats and fish and all the carbohydrate heavy foods are limited to being Healthy Extras and on green days the reverse is true. You can find more details about Red and Green in your starter pack. If you want to give it a go have a chat with your consultant. (If you are a vegetarian it may especially be worth doing enquiring about the Green plan).

Back