Latestarter's weight loss diary

corsacar

Hello to anyone brave enough to read this!
I started slimming world on the 19th April last year an have lost 5 stone 3 1/2 pounds, yet never been brave enough to write and record every single emotion during my journey.
I've now got 17.5 pounds left to take me to my initial target, and with my first foreign holiday in a good few years looming, I have decided it is about time that I started doing some regular beneficial exercise, am hoping that writing everything down here will help motivate me on the fitness side and to keep up with the food optimising too.
Anyway, enough background rubbish. Today has been a good day foodwise, always easy when on earlys at work. Live off fruit and yoghurt and Allen lights as a HeB throughout the morning! Had a small bowl of pasta when I got home and then for dinner had slow cooked gammon, egg and garlic mushrooms - was delicious but I couldn't eat it all :(
Working again tomorrow morning, with WI in the eve BUT my main thought this week is that I an dreading Tuesday...I have downloaded the C25K app on my iPhone and Tuesday will be day 1 week 1, I am literally the most unfit person I know and am not sure how I will find it but until I try, I'll never know.
Anyway. Fingers crossed for a decent weigh in tomorrow night, will post again after that :)
Xxx

Hello guys! *waves*
the C25K app is like a training programme designed to build you up from not running at all to being able to run 5k.
Very nervous about starting it and think I will have to repeat the first week as I know I'll find it tough!
Xxx

Morning to anyone reading!
Went to WI last night, I just love going to WI, we have such a friendly group and everyone is just so nice,. I miss it when I can't go for a week because of work! Lost 4 lbs, that is technically over 2 weeks.
So I now have 13.5 lbs until my original target and about 8 WI until i go on holiday! I think...I need to count!
Am up and raring to go, just need to dig out my earphones and then am off out to start the couch to 5k plan!
Only a quick post before I go, will post on my return...if I'm not curled in a heap somewhere & haven't made it home!
Xxx

Well...I did it! I did it all! :)
I am so pleased with myself, although went out with my jogging bottoms on and a t shirt...it was 3 degrees. So now need to have a big old warm up at home! Well onwards and upwards.
Just had some grapes and think I will just have some fruit and a hifi bar for brelkie then pop to morrisons to pick up some veg bits!
Have a good food day one and all!
Xxx

I would definitely trying the C25K programme, although having only done one day maybe im not in the best position to say that! Ask me again when i'm on week three and my legs are falling off! haha! oh gosh, running to morrisons i think i'd just lay down in the road and let someone run me over - get it over with! haha!
Its funny that you say running is good for your tummy, i dont really know i just think it must be one of the best exercises to do (along with swimming incidentally) but when i was running this morning my tummy did start to hurt a little. so you could be right, corrr...maybe i'll grow stomach muscles for the first time in my life!
**RANT ALERT**
grrrr, my sister just came in from college and announced that she was going out for dinner tonight - after joining my SW class yday. now, i know you can flexi syn and all that, but to me, that just shows how committed she is. and she gets on my nerves, she just asks me syn values ALL THE TIME. and wants me to cook all her dinners to be SW friendly. sorry to rant i just hate her expecting so much from me with nothing in return. i have no issue supporting members on minis as we all help each other, and that is how i have acheived what i have, but she is going to have to do that for herself. sorry to sound callous but i've really had enough of her currently.
**RANT OVER**
Sorry guys, my diary won't always be negative promise!
xxxx

Ha ha no probs - better out than in as they say. Hopefully she'll get the message but stick to the diet too. She won't stick to it tho if she doesn't suss it for herself.

Keep up the running tho. I've just suggested to my 8 year old that maybe we could do it once the evenings/mornings get a little lighter. He loves running and would prob find me waddling along behind him quite amusing. Either that of annoying. :)

Good idea with running with your son! Will make it fun and you might even forget you're exercising!
Was rubbish with the 1/3 superfree rule this afternoon with my dinner as I was just too damn lazy after a MEGA day at work :(
Still onwards and upwards. Am so determine this week. I have massive horrible blisters on my heels from running yesterday :( BUT that will not be an excuse. Am wearing 2 pairs of socks and trainers that actually fit tomorrow and I WILL do week 1, day 2 of C25K. Very much looking forward to it I have to say!
A better day planned with the superfree rule tomorrow as well so fingers crossed I can carry on for a good loss on Monday!
Will check back in after that tomorrow morning!
Xxx

Well week one day 2 of C25K done. Was actually worse today than Tuesday but I haves very bad headache and just couldn't get unto the same zone. Still it's done now. Had a sausage sandwich when I got back this morning, just had a lovely tuna salad for lunch and got bolognaise full of superfree for dinner while I'm at work. Taking some fruit for snacks too. Making sure that superfree intake it back up from now on.
As for the running, back again on saturday. Will report in tomorrow, making sure my superfree is still high :)
Xxx

Fairly good day today.
Feeling a little bloated right now but that's just due to a high fluid intake the last few days, I tend to bloat the closer to the end of the day it is!
Just put a gorgeous SW cottage pie inthe oven, can't wait for that to finish off cooking :D
Got week one day 3 of C25K tomorrow, very much looking forward to it apart from the fact that the blisters on the back of my heels are so painful when in even sat doing nothing to running will make them even worse but I quite enjoy it!
Will report back on how I get on!
Xxx

I downloaded that app nearly a year ago and got no further than week one run 2... Funnily enough I was looking at it when I got home from work, thinking I was really motivated to give it another bash. However I am not keen on going out in the dark, this neighbourhood can seem a bit scary in the dark, so I think it's gonna have to wait a few weeks for me!!

Well woke up this meaning blusters throbbing and rain beating down. Determined not to stop my exercise regime, I went on the exercise bike, doing something similar to C25K, easy resistance for two minutes, then step the resistance up and really go for it for a minute and a half. I certainly got out of breath and a little sweaty to hopefully it did some good. I so want to keep the exercise up as I really do enjoy it and especially how refreshed I feel afterwards - even if my body does ache! I can certainly see why people like exercising now. And to me, that is a massive NSV! If someone would have said to me a year ago that I would enjoy exercising, I would have laughed at them!
Well not hoping for big things on Monday, all this exercise and my scales seem to be defying me. I am a sneaky peeker and my scales always match up with SW. I'm hoping to scrape a STS, it could just be the exercise shocking my body and I'm sure it will even out. It is demotivating nonetheless though :(
Had a lovely SW grilled breakfast and will probably just have fruit at lunchtime as I won't be super hungry.
Leftover cottage pie for dinner tonight at work.. Yumyum!
Excuse me if this post seems a little glum. Just fed up of everything at the moment. Think that's why I'm liking the exercise to escape everything for a while!
On wards and upwards though!
X

Right. From today on I need to flippin sort myself out. 13.5 pounds away from target and I seem to be getting complacent.
I STS on Monday, which could Jay be due to the starting of exercise so in fine with that.
Then I went house hunting yesterday, and had a MEGA stressful day when we decided we wanted it and had to rush around getting the holding fee and signing firms blah blah.
Anyway, I was so flippin excited I called a family takeaway to celebrate...and cracked open a bottle of wine (low calorie may I add) I had a glass and a half of wine and a chicken kebab with salad. Would it be reasonable to count about 35 syns for the lot?
Anyway, I shall count that, leaving me with 55 syns for the next 6 days. Which is more than doable.
To give my body a bit of a shake up, I want to try a few red days this week...this is what I plan for today

Apple
Satsumas
Hi fi bar
Grapes
Mullerlight
Tomato and basil soup (homemade of course)
Fruit to get me through the afternoon
Bolognaise (either with pasta as HeB or not)
Fruit for pudding too probably

Syns will probably go on a bit of ketchup and a hot chocolate
HeA - milk for teas at work!
HeB- 1 hifi bar and either pasta or some bread with soup.

Does this look alright for a red day people?!
I hope so. They look pretty easy to do, I think the carb control a few days a week will hopefully help my loss on Monday. That, exercise and keeping the syns low will hopefully make the kebab disappear :) or at least seem like a distant memory!
Xxx

Back