Laura' atkins loss journey !!!

welshlal

Well here I am starting yet another diet!!!

Have just given exante a vlcd a whirl but not enough will power to not eat, so with my hubby being a butcher (free meat, cheese and eggs!!) we have decided to give Atkins a whirl.

I have always struggled with my weight and now we have 3 small kiddies we are determined to do something about it so that they don't follow in our footsteps ( we are both very overweight)

I am reasonable active, play netball and football weekly and walk a fair bit, my down fall is I eat for the sake of eating and often the wrong foods or late at night.

So just weighed in this morning at a whopping 16 st 11lbs, I am 32 yrs old and 5' 4" so this is not good!!!

Today is the first day and I AM going to lose weight for summer, so will keep you posted.
Wish me luck, I will prob be asking lots of questions so apologia in advance.

Would love to make some friends and hope I can find the motivation and support I will need here xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Morning Laura and welcome!

Seems to be the perfect diet seeing as your OH is a butcher! Lol

It's really friendly here ... Post often so we all get to know you! xx :)

As you settle into the diet, don't feel bad about eating for the sake of eating. You -can- eat anytime you want as long as it's protein, so have some boiled eggs and mayo or diced cooked chicken ready for snacks.

Once you're in ketosis you'll find your appetite decreases and you'll naturally eat less.

Stick to it and you're going to see amazing losses, especially this first week!

Thanks guys, I have just managed to find the 'stickies' so going to have a look through there to get some ideas of what I can and can't eat.

Basically am I right in thinking you can eat unlimited meat, some cheese, unlimited eggs and green veg/ salad stuff?

When cooking do I cook in butter or oil?

Thanks in advance xx

Oil and/or butter... I like coconut oil - its good for you...

Unlimited - yes - but only eat when hungry... That's my problem though as most of my eating is emotional xx

Welcome & Good Luck Laura x

Well end of day one and I must say it hasn't been to taxing ( assuming I am eating the right things lol, so here it is.

B- bit of ham and a sausage
L- stick of celery, small block of cheese and slice of boiled ham
D- salad with boiled eggs, lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, green pepper, small bit of grated cheese and a dollop of mayo.

Drinks - 2 cups of tea with sweetener, loads of water, small bit of diet coke.

Have snacked on pieces of a boiled ham that I made for kids tea.

Exercise - 1/2 hour of netball

Hope I have done this right and eaten the right things, I feel good and positive so long may it continue xx

welshlal said:
Well end of day one and I must say it hasn't been to taxing ( assuming I am eating the right things lol, so here it is.

D- salad with boiled eggs, lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, green pepper, small bit of grated cheese and a dollop of mayo.

Hope I have done this right and eaten the right things, I feel good and positive so long may it continue xx

Hello Laura. You've got the right idea. We've started together. I hope your second day has been good. Enjoy the sunshine.

TT x

Thanks guys, it's reassuring to no that I wasn't deluding myself and that I was on the right track!

Tiggertoes, how did your first day go?

I would enjoy the sunshine much more if I had lost some of this weight, I think it's why I secretly love winter, easy to hide behind all the layers and baggy hoodies, bit harder when your sweating your ti*ts off as soon as you walk outside lol x

Hehe I know exactly what you mean. But a good way to look at it is this will be our last fat summer. I'm so determined to get fit and sexy again that my body issues are not a priority now.

My first day was great thanks and my second day has been even better. I'm going to try and update my diary daily with my menus and pics of my food for inspiration.

How are you doing today?

welshlal said:

First of all hello and good luck :)

Second of all you need to eat more!!!

That's nowhere near enough, especially your lunch time choice.....!

Don't hold back on quantity if your hungry, as long as your eating enough and sticking at 20g of carb or just under then that's fine!! But I'd say your well under your carb limit there.....

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes was just thinking the same about the amount of food! Relax a little... Just keep carbs at 20 or less ... And made up mostly of legal veg then you'll be in the right track

Hi guys,
Can't believe I am under eating, don't think I have done that in my life ;-)

I think I am in ww and other diet mindset and trying to keep quantities to a minimum lol.

Not had a bad day today but do think I have been under eating, got to 8pm and I was starving. Also a bit grumpy, nearly bit the kids head of for something small
After school, are mood swings normal or was I because I was hungry ??

Well her is what I have had today,

B-2 boiled eggs, water , cup of tea.

Snack - 1 sausage

L- 3 egg Mayo, cucumber, spring onion, on a stick of celery.

Snack- 1 sausage

D- 2 homemade burgers with chillies and garlic stuffed with chreese and salad.

Don't think I ate enough before dinner which is why I got hungry but have got hubby to bring home bacon, cheese and eggs so may have a fry up for lunch tomorrow.

Can we have mushrooms??

Tiggertoes, I agree we will both be doning our bikinis at the first sign of sun this
Time next year. Defiantly my last 'fat' summer.

Hi Laura, I would definitely say you need to eat more, it is hard to get your head around it but don't think you have eaten enough :)

Hello Laura, welcome to Atkins, and yes I agree with what the others say, plus watch the sausages, does hubby make them? Some sossies can be quite high carb with the rusk that they contain.
Bren xx

Hi guys thanks for the support. Still feeling great and really positive though I know it's early days yet ( on day 3 today)

Quak - I now what your saying about the says but he assures me they are fine ( hope so as he eats them all day in work ) they are gluten free no fillers or rusk x

Well I am on day 3 and It has been boiling here today so have had no appetite at all really. I know before I write this that I haven't eaten enough throughout the day but have not felt hungry in the slightest.

I must admit it's odd for me as before I would eat even if I didn't feel hungry !!

B- bag of fridge raiders and a peperami
L- peperami, small block of cheese and 2 celery sticks
D- chicken breast stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon. Served with cauli mash and flat mushrooms.

Drinks million litres water, 2 teas with soya and half tin diet coke.

Also went to my first ever spinning class tonight and an hour later left walking like John Wayne ! God knows what I will be like tomorrow, it's worth it though I'm sure !!

Am knackered now from all the exertion so will check in tomorrow. Nos da xx

Back