Laura's Diary <3

***Laura***

Hello! So after reading through other people's diaries I am full of inspiration to start my own.

I am a bit of a serial 'Slimming Worlder'. I had a terrible habit of doing really well, then having a bad day, which turns into two, which turns into a bad week. So I don't go to group that week thinking I will 'get it off by next week' but...guess what? I never do. By the time the next week rolls round I have still not got back on the wagon so I never go back to group. A few weeks later, I'm joining a different group. I can't tell you how many times I have done this in the past. However, last year I was doing great, I had lost over two stone and was going great guns...then, the most wonderful thing happened...I FINALLY fell pregnant after over eight years of trying. Unfortunately I got extremely sick and could keep hardly anything down, let alone continue with my Slimming World plan. I also developed gestational diabetes and had to follow a plan given to me by my doctor, so again, I stopped going to my group. My beautiful daughter arrived in December 2012 and now I am ready to give it another go! I started again at the end of May 2013, and this time I have found the most wonderful consultant who I really want to stick with. Since May, I have lost 7.5lbs. Now, I know that's great, but I want bigger losses! Making a diary on here will hopefully give me some accountability, keep me on track and get me the losses I want. I have quite a lot of weight to lose, so 2- 3lbs a week is not unreasonable. I know I can do it, as I have had losses like this previously.

So, my aim is, stick to plan, fit in some body magic, and get good losses. I am still on maternity leave until the end of September, I have about ten weeks until I go back to work. I would love to get my two stone award by then, so that's 20.5lbs to go. A smidge over 2lbs per week!? DOABLE!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to getting to know you all!

Laura x

So here is my food for today.

EXTRA EASY.

Breakfast.
2 boiled eggs (Free)
4 Turkey Rashers (Free)
Mushrooms fried in Frylight (Free)
6x Wholegrain Crackerbread (HexB)

Lunch/Tea (late lunch as went for a picnic, so kinda two meals in one)
Salad from Morrisons Salad Bar. Lettuce leaves, sweetcorn, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, peppers, onion, grated carrot. (Free).
Muller light (Free)
Chicken leg (Free)
Banana (Free)
Mr Kipling Apple and Blackcurrant Pie (11.5 syns)

HexA was 350ml Skimmed Milk in tea throughout day, and I just drink what's left before bed.

Snacks
Apple (Free)
Banana (Free)
Mullerlight (Free)

Syns for day- 11.5.
Body Magic- walking, about an hours worth.

Happy with today, but probably drank too much fizzy drinks and not enough water.

Thanks Laura yea things going well really enjoying SW I was shocked at first week lol I'd love another week like that now haha

Wow, think I am going to follow you for inspiration

Thanks both :)

Well today is weigh in day and I'm so excited for it! Think I've had a really good week!

Yesterday's food was a bit here and there as in I didn't really have much 'proper' food until the evening as I was visiting family, but I had lots of fruit and yogurt and two Alpen Lights then tea was a homemade burger which was free, with 200g McCain Rustic Chips for two syns and some salad. Then I had two Lindor chocolates for 8 syns.

Today so far...

Breakfast- 2 weetabix (HexB) with part of my HexA Skimmed milk (will have the rest in tea during the day). I've had a Banana and a Mullerlight.

I try not to eat too much 'heavy' food on weigh in day so lunch will probably be a chicken salad or similar! Need to have a route through the freezer and get some shopping done I think!

Have a great day! xxx

Last edited:
So yesterday at weigh in I lost 1.5lbs. I know that's good, but I had really hoped for more. Oh well, it's a loss! I am grateful, just wish it would come off a bit quicker.

Today I had a sausage sandwich for breakfast (3 Skinnie Lizzy Sausages for 3 syns, and HexB bread), a banana and a Cheesecake Mullerlight for 1 Syn. Lunch was a chicken breast with a jacket potato and salad followed by some pineapple, and tea was lamb with mashed potatoes and peas. I've just scoffed two of the new Blackcurrant Cheesecake Hi-Fi bars for 6 syns.

Plan for tomorrow- start Success Express and drink more water!

Hope everyone had a good day x

1.5lbs is good we all want more but its a good sensible loss to lose each week in all fairness

Have a good week oh and what do the new bars taste like ??? Looking forward to getting hold of some at my Weigh in tomorrow

1.5lbs is good we all want more but its a good sensible loss to lose each week in all fairness

Have a good week oh and what do the new bars taste like ??? Looking forward to getting hold of some at my Weigh in tomorrow

Thank you. I am happy but I guess I was expecting a little more. Still happy though! Onwards and downwards! ;)

The new bars are really nice! They are very moorish though so be careful! Haha. I love the yogurty stuff that's on them.

You have a great week too and good luck for weigh in! xx!

Day one of Success Express...think I did it right...not sure?

Breakfast was boiled egg and bacon with two thirds mushrooms and tomatoes.

Lunch was jacket potato, slow cooked pulled ham with two thirds salad. 150g Iceland low fat coleslaw 4.5 syns.

Tea was mashed potato, lamb steaks with two thirds carrots and broccoli.

Snacks were fruit and mullerlights. Packet of Hoops and Crosses 4.5 syns.

Just realised I've only had one HexA (milk in tea) and no HexB's! I'm full! Might squish in two HiFi Lights and some crackers and cheese before bed but not sure if I'd want them!

how's it going, I've not done success express before so am not sure, let me know if it works.

Hiya! Unfortunately I have been struck down with the dreaded flu! I haven't really been sticking to plan as I haven't been very hungry, I've been vomiting and everything, it's been terrible. I missed weigh in on Monday but started to feel a little better yesterday. Today I am back on plan, starting with a red day as I don't really have the food in for Success Express today. If I'm feeling up to going out later I might go to the shop for some more veg and salad, but I have minuscule amounts at the moment! All I had in of breakfast was two boiled eggs with HexB bread, and I've had a Mullerlight. Think i do need to try and make an effort to go to the shops! How are things with you? xx

Had a back couple of weeks, had some bad news, been ill, daughter teething...all in all it's been a bit rough! Didn't make my group on Monday but weighed in at a different group today and happy with a 1.5lb loss. Been 100% today...it's on like donkey kong! Going to the gym in the morning! xx

Back