Laura's Diary - My first -7lbs! :-)

Your doing great Laura!

Glad you had a lovely BH weekend!x

well done hun - 1lb is brilliant :) so glad you're managing okay!

any pictures from the do? :) x

Thanks Rach. Haven't got any pictures from that do, but have some from when I went out to the Greek Restaurant that I'll put up soon. xx

Your doing great Laura!

Glad you had a lovely BH weekend!x

Thanks Emma. :) Will catch up on your diary today.xx

Work was absolutely hectic last week. Think it was because it was half term, and also we had 2 people off on holiday.
Yesterday was a lot more quiet so hopefully this week won't be as bad.

Diet is going really well, sticking to my points. Will have to get back to doing my food diary on here though.
Saturday WI was another 1lb down, so it's coming off slowly. Hoping my body is just catching up a bit.

On Thursday we went to our friends house for dinner and spent the evening with our Godson. He's growing up so quickly, can't believe he'll be 2 soon. We had a lovely dinner - they did the chicken breast stuffed with philadelphia and wrapped with parma ham, plus new potatoes and salad...was very yummy!
On Friday we went with 2 of our friends for a drive down to Brighton after work. We didn't leave till quite late so was gone 9 when we got there. Took a walk along the pier which was nice. Then went to the Harvester for a meal (all pointed). It was a nice evening out!
The rest of the weekend we just chilled out. Sat over the park across the road from us for a bit on Saturday, and watched some of the cricket match that was going on over there.

Food Diary (Week 3 Day 4)
B: Banana (1.5)
L: 1/2 pack Satay Chicken pieces (?), Pitta Bread (1.5), Lettuce (0), Spinach (0), Red Pepper (0), Beetroot (0).
D: Turkey Lasagne (?)
S: French Fries (?), Apple (0.5).

Will edit later with points update.

Hope everyone's having a lovely day. :) xx

Well done on your loss chick xx

Well done on your loss chick xx

Thanks Emma! You're doing really well! xx

I always completely forget to update my food diary in the evening when I'm at home...I've vowed that I will try extra hard to remember to do it from now on.

Yesterday was quite busy at work...so there goes my theories about it only being busy last week due to half term.

Got home last night and just felt absolutely knackered so didn't actually do anything. Just watched a film and went to bed early.

We didn't end up having the Turkey Lasagne last night so will be having that tonight.

Food Diary (Week 3 Day 5)
B: Cereal Bar (1.5)
L: Satay Chicken Pieces (?), Lettuce (0), Spinach (0), Red Pepper (0), Beetroot (0) Light Salad Cream 2tbsp (1), Pitta Bread (1.5).
D: Turkey Lasagne (?)
S: French Fries (?), Mullerlight (1.5)

Will edit later.

Hope everyone's having a lovely day!xx:)

Hope you're doing okay and had a lovely weekend xxx

where are you hun? hope you're okay xxx

Hope you're having a lovely weekend x

where are you hun? hope you're okay xxx

Thanks for your comments girls. Sorry I've been AWOL for a while now. Things have just been so busy! We have been setting up new systems at work so internet was unavailable. As we are living with my parents at the moment and they don't have wireless, I don't really use the internet at home either.

Diet-wise...:( I haven't been doing too well. Seem to have been feeling very stressed out lately which has not helped. I've even put on more than I lost before. Work has just been really busy and having a few problems with supervisor (they're always late, don't work much, leave early a lot etc). Hopefully that should be sorted soon as another colleague has put in complaint about them to manager. Also last weekend I saw my grandad for the first time since he started his radiotherapy which was quite upsetting. But he's doing well with it, just seeing how it's affected him.

However, realise that life is always going to have it's stressful moments, and I can't turn to food each time one crops up.
So I re-started on Saturday and have been doing good with it since then, so will see what the WI results says.

Food Diary (Week 1 Day 5)
B - 1 Slice Toast (1.5) Marmite (0)
L - Roll (2) Chicken and Leek Cup-a-Soup (2?)
D - Spaghetti (?), Turkey (?), Dolmio Stir-in Carbonara Sauce (?)
S - Quavers (1.5), Harvest Chewee Bar (1.5), Muller Light Yogurt (1.5), 100g Blueberries 100g (1), Kiwi Fruit (0.5)
Total - /26

Will edit later with points update.

Hope everyone's been keeping well and having a good day! :) xx

come on hun, you can do this. would joining a team help do you think? keep you on here regularly and keep you enthusiastic maybe? xxx

come on hun, you can do this. would joining a team help do you think? keep you on here regularly and keep you enthusiastic maybe? xxx

Hi Rach, that probably would help actually. It might motivate me a bit more! I'd be a bit worried that I would let them down though - although I'm 100% at the moment! Am Just getting round to catching up on your diary!xx

want to jump back into team 3? :) and you wont let anyone down!

if you have a bad week, you get back up and start again.. the only way you would let anyone down is to give up.. and then you'd only let down yourself eh?

think of it that way. You can do this - nice finish to this week to get those few extra squatters off eh? :) xxx

want to jump back into team 3? :) and you wont let anyone down!

if you have a bad week, you get back up and start again.. the only way you would let anyone down is to give up.. and then you'd only let down yourself eh?

think of it that way. You can do this - nice finish to this week to get those few extra squatters off eh? :) xxx

Thanks for the support Rach!
How do I go about joining back into a team? :D xxx

I cant update points for yesterday as I wrote them down but forgot to bring them into work to add them here. But I stayed within points so that's good.

Had such a chilled out evening yesterday...was very much needed! Think we are pretty much doing the same again tonight. We haven't really had much time lately to just relax together!

Hope everyone's having a good day! xx

just pop into the Team thread and add your name to the list hun :)

have a lovely relaxing night tonight xx

just pop into the Team thread and add your name to the list hun :)

have a lovely relaxing night tonight xx

Thanks Rach...will pop over to the Team thread soon! Hope you had a lovely weekend!xxx

So I had my first WI since my restart on Saturday and...I lost 3lbs! :D That's quite good for me on my first week and hopefully will keep me motivated!

I had quite a good weekend except that I went to a friend's BBQ on Tues evening and when I got home I noticed a red itchy dot on my ankle. I just assumed I'd been bitten as I get bitten quite a lot and always react to them. However by Friday afternoon my whole ankle was really swollen, hard and red. So managed to get a drs appointment, and it turns out it was a sting and that it had become infected..so now on antibiotics! I always seem to attract the insects in this weather. So I spent Friday evening relaxing with a cold flannel on my ankle to try to draw out some of the heat.
By Saturday night the swelling had already gone down, so seems the medicine is doing a good job!

Went to a BBQ on Sunday which was lovely. My best friend is living with her OH at his parents so they invited us to a bbq there. It was really nice, got to meet some of his friends/family.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! xx

This week seems to have gone by so quickly, can't believe it's Thursday already!

Diet is still going really well...fingers crossed for another loss at WI on Saturday! Have been searched internet for lots of new recipes to try out, have found quite a few (including ones on here.)

Work has been good this week, esepcially as supervisor is on holiday so it's been much less stressful! Am looking forward to the weekend (aren't we all?). Have a friend's birthday party at her house on Friday evening. Then round to the in-laws on Saturday as it's OH's mum's birthday.
Probably spend Sunday doing some housework and watching the football.

Food Diary (Week 2 Day 6)
B - Cereal (1.5) 1/4 pint purple top (1)
L - Bread Roll (2) Marg (1) Cup-a-Soup (2)
D - Chicken (2.5) Pasta 90g (4.5) 1/2 Jar Homepride Cheese and Bacon Pasta Sauce (3) Carrots (0) Green Beans (0) Cheese 3oz (3) Breadcrumbs (1)
S - Harvest Chewee Bar (1.5) Banana (1.5) Iced Gems (1.5)
Total - 26/26
Hope everyone is having a lovely day!xx

Last edited:
whens WI then Laura? good luck for it im sure you'll be fab :)

whens WI then Laura? good luck for it im sure you'll be fab :)

Thanks Rach, WI is on Saturday so have got fingers crossed for another loss!x

good luck for WI today :D xxx

Back