Laura's Diary - My first -7lbs! :-)

Thanks Rach and Kally.
WI was on Saturday and I lost 2lbs :D

Still seem to be really busy lately, but work is starting to get a bit less hectic now which is good!

On Friday evening we went to my friends house for her birthday. It was a really nice evening. Had a bit to drink though, but all pointed :) Didn't get home till gone 2am so didn't wake up till late on Saturday. Then it was my mother-in-laws birthday so we went round to their house with OH's brother, his wife, and our nephew, and sister, her husband, and neice. It was really lovely to have the whole of their family together for the afternoon.
I then spent the whole of Sunday just chilling out and watching the footie.

Am off to see Eclipse tonight with OH and my best friend and her OH.

Food Diary (Week 3 Day 4):
B - Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint SS (1)
L - Roll (2) Marg (1) Banana (1.5)
D - Small Chicken Skewers x 10 (3), Homemade Satay Sauce (3), Rice 75g (4)
S - Monster munch (1.5) WW Cookies (1.5) Medium Salt Popcorn (6.5)
Total - 26.5/26 + 1 point saved yesterday. (0.5 points saved.)

Hope everyone's having a lovely day!xx

whatd you think of Eclipse? i saw it yest with my sis.. quite enjoyed it :D x

whatd you think of Eclipse? i saw it yest with my sis.. quite enjoyed it :D x

I thought it was really good! I've read the books so I knew what the storyline was but enjoyed the movie! :)x

The weekends seem to go by so quickly! Good thing is that I've got Thurs and Fri off this week...bad thing is I got hospital appointments for tests on both days! :sigh:

I had a pretty relaxing weekend which was nice. We went to my friends house on Friday evening and played some really old board games which was fun! Then on Saturday we went over to our local park for a bit. Sunday I spent the whole morning cleaning the house and washing and ironing etc. Then me and my sister decided to watch both the Ghostbuster movies :D

WI on Saturday and I lost 1lb, which I'm still happy with as it's going in the right direction.

Food Diary (Week 4 Day 3):
B - Ceral (1.5) Milks 1/4 pint Purple top (1)
L - Chicken pieces (2) Lettuce (0) Carrot (0) Peppers (0) Beetroot (0) Salad Cream Light (1).
D - Turkey Steak (2.5) Spaghetti 1.5oz (3) Milk (1) Flour (1) Marg. (1) Cheese Low Fat 20g (1.5)
S - Banana (1.5) WW cookies (1.5) Iced Gems (1.5)
Total - 20/26 so far

Well done, you are doing really well :)
Thanks Jess...the support from the people here really helps! xx

So another Monday morning rolls around again. Had last Thurs and Fri off holiday, but had hospital appointments on both days. The endocrinologist that I saw a few weeks ago referred me to have some tests done just to rule out some things and make sure that my symptoms were just from the PCOS. I had to have something injected into me and then blood tests half hr later and then an hr later on Thursday. Then take a tablet that night to suppress something and have more blood taken Fri morning.
After all that we went to our friends house on the Friday and went with her to pick up our Godson from nursery. It was really nice as he was grinning like mad when he saw us. It was a 2.5 mile walk to the nursery and then another 2.5miles back again, so a nice long walk. Stopped off at the ponds on the way back and we fed the squirrels and ducks. Then we had a nice chinese (all pointed :)) takeaway.
Then I had a really lazy Saturday and Sunday. Did a bit of housework but not much really, just chilled out.

WI result on Saturday was -1lb, so still going the right way! :D

Food Diary (Week 5 Day 3):
B - Cereal (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1).
L - 1/2 ww Bacon and Leek Quiche (3) Beetroot (0), Lettuce (0), Spinach (0) Peppers (0) Salad Cream Light (1).
D - BBQ Turkey Lasagne (10.5)
S - Harvest cereal bar (1.5), Banana (1.5). Quavers (1.5) Muller Light (1.5) Melon pieces (1) Milk (1).
Total - 25/26 (1 point saved)

Hope everyone's having a lovely day! xx

Last edited:
fab stuff Laura, dead pleased :D

so when do you find out how these tests went? your recollection of the pills "suppressing something" and things "doing something" etc.. I wind the OH something chronic when i get phonecalls for him and he asks who it is and i'm like.. oh some guy who wanted sommat or other.. cant remember what :D :eek:

fab stuff Laura, dead pleased :D

so when do you find out how these tests went? your recollection of the pills "suppressing something" and things "doing something" etc.. I wind the OH something chronic when i get phonecalls for him and he asks who it is and i'm like.. oh some guy who wanted sommat or other.. cant remember what :D :eek:

Thanks Rach! :D
The test results normally take anywhere up to 2 weeks. They said that if it was anything urgent then I would hear in that time, if not then it will all be discussed at my next appointment in December.
I'm useless like that - I can never remember many details! Although the Dr didn't really give me many details last week! xx

Got home from work yesterday and watched a Inside Man film with OH and sister. Then had bath and went to bed and watched some Family Guy. Have really bad TOTM pains at the mo so feel really sluggish. I'm such a wimp when it comes to TOTM as with me it only happens like twice a year.

Food Diary (Week 5 Day 4):
B - Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1)
L - Roll (2), Marg. (1), Salad (0)
D - Chicken Breast (2.5) Low Fat Korma Sauce (?) Rice (?) Naan Bread (?)
S - Apple (0.5) Quavers (1.5) WW Cookies (1.5) Iced Gems (1.5)
Total - /26

(Will edit later)

Hope everyone's having a nice day! xx

i find if you walk about and rub your lower belly then the pain eases.. would rack up extra activity too :D xxx

i find if you walk about and rub your lower belly then the pain eases.. would rack up extra activity too :D xxx

Thanks Rach! xxx
Can't wait to get home and have a lovely warm bath! :D

Just realised that I've lost my first 7lbs :D:D

well done you! stick yourself a silver 7 in your sig as a well done i say :D xxx

well done you! stick yourself a silver 7 in your sig as a well done i say :D xxx

Thanks Rach. I'm not actually sure how to get the silver 7 things? :confused: xx

Woo! Going in the right direction, and well done for sticking it out. It's tough when the rest of life goes crazy so respect to you! :)

With regards to the silver 7's , u can copy and paste them into your sig from someone elses, thats what i did :) xx

Woo! Going in the right direction, and well done for sticking it out. It's tough when the rest of life goes crazy so respect to you! :)

With regards to the silver 7's , u can copy and paste them into your sig from someone elses, thats what i did :) xx

Thanks Lainie! Will copy and paste the silver 7 soon! Hope you had a good weekend! :) xx

Well done Laura
have a nice day hen

Thanks Kally! Hope everything's good with you! xx

Sorry I've been absent for the last week or so, I had last week off holiday from work so haven't been online really.
Had two STS WI results, which I'm OK with really as although I've stuck to my points, as I've been on holiday, I haven't really eaten very healthily as we've been out a bit. Also I sprained my ankle so haven't been able to exercise which I've really missed, hoping to start that up again tonight!

It was my niece's 2nd birthday on Saturday so we went round the the in-laws to meet up with OH's sister and our niece. It was lovely as we got to see her open some cards and our present. We got her an Aquadraw, which is a mat with some pens/stamps that you fill with water, then when she draws on the mat the water makes it turn rainbow colours. It's really pretty and she sat there and played with it for like an hour!

Apart from that I spent most of the weekend relaxing, sorted through my candles and essential oils which was quite fun actually!

Food Diary (Week 7 Day 3):
B - Toast (1.5) Marg (1) Marmite (0) Orange Juice 250ml (1.5)
L - Wafer Thin Ham (2) Salad (0) Apple Smoked Cheese Snack (2) Salad Cream (1)
D - Pork and Butterbean Bake (6)
S - Milk - 1/2 Pint Semi (2) Cereal Bar (1.5) Golden Wonder Crisps (2) Muller Light (1.5) Cherries - 100g (0.5) Nesquick milkshake powder (1)
Total - 23.5/26 Total Saved - 2.5

Hope everyone had a good weekend! xx

Last edited:
pork and butterbean bake sounds gorgeous.. is it homemade? if so, any chance of a recipe please? :D xxx

pork and butterbean bake sounds gorgeous.. is it homemade? if so, any chance of a recipe please? :D xxx

It was homemade and so yummy, will get the recipe from OH and put it on here later. It was basically pork, butterbeans, celery with grated potato and carrot topping.

Had a very early night last night as I was so tired yesterday and haven't been getting much sleep the past couple of nights...definitely made up for it last night though!

Food Diary (Week 7 Day 4):
B - Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1) Orange Juice 250ml (1.5)
L - Roll (2) Marg. (1) Salad (0)
D - Sausage Risotto - Low fat sausages x 2 (3) 75g Rice (4)
Garlic (0) Onion (0) Carrot (0) Peas (0.5) Worcestershire Sauce (0) Ketchup (0.5) Chicken Stock (0) Fry Light (1).
S - Golden Wonder crisps (2)
Total - 19/26 Total Saved - 2.5 (So far)

Hope everyone's having a good day! :) xx

Mmmmm yeah...pork and butterbean bake has just set me drooling (not advisable at work I have to advise.....)

Have a great tuesday :) xx

Sorry I completely forgot to get the pork and butterbean back recipes from OH...will try to remember it for tomorrow.
Work has just been so hectic that I haven't had time to get online.

Hopefully this week will be quieter. Am doing the new late shift this week for the first time. The late shift used to be 9-5 but now it is 10-6 so will see how that goes. Everyone else doesn't like it much.

Had a really chilled out weekend. Got a lot of housework and sorting out done but that's about it really.

WI on Saturday was -1lb so started losing again :)

Food Diary (Week 8 Day 3):
B - Cereal (1.5) Milk 1/4 pint purple top (1) Orange juice 250ml (1.5)
L - Spinach (0) Lettuce (0) Peppers (0) Beetroot (0) Sliced chicken (2) Salad cream light 2tbsp (1) Pitta bread (1.5)
D - Sausages x 2 (6) Mash (3) Backed beans (1)
S - Cereal bar (1.5) French fries (1.5) Muller Light (1.5) Blueberries (1)
Total - 24/26 Saved - 2.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! xx

so pleased your losses have started again hun :D thats fantastic! only 5 more pounds and you'll be out of those 17s :D xxx

Woo on the loss!! And as Rach says, 5 more and ur in a whole new bracket :) yay!!!! :) xx

Back