Laura's Diary

Here to subscribe to your feed as a fellow Laura.

Well done on your first lost. Great start.

Sorry to hear about your husband, hope that the hospital gave you some closure and that helps drive you forward even more.

Great to read your positive state of mind. Good luck x

Big goal - 35lb in 35 weeks
1st mini goal - 8.5 by Feb 11th DONE!!!

Weigh-in day Tuesday
Week 1-4 - 10.5lb gone

Thanks for popping by fellow-Laura :) will go and find your diary to subscribe to now.x

Today has been another good day. Had to work a bit late so not had time to get a workout in this evening but I'll make sure I do one tomorrow.
Now off to have dinner and relax :)

So I didn't get to post yesterday as I had a bad asthma attack in the evening. Ended up having to call 111 as my inhaler didn't seem to be doing much which is unusual and I got worse whilst on phone so had to have ambulance out and was given the nebuliser and some tablets to clear the airways a bit.
I feel much better today...just a bit tired.
But luckily I'm off work until Monday so will have to make sure I relax.
Still stayed on track though so I'm pleased :)

Oft! That must have been scary. Glad that you are ok now.

Weigh-in day Tuesday
Week 1-4 - 10.5lb gone
Week 5 - 1.5lb gone

Oft! That must have been scary. Glad that you are ok now.

Weigh-in day Tuesday
Week 1-4 - 10.5lb gone
Week 5 - 1.5lb gone

Thanks hun. I've only been diagnosed with asthma for about a year and luckily that was my first bad attack.

Spent all of today chilling out and looking at holidays as hoping to get away for a week in September. Not too sure where yet though.
Am going to Wales in April for my birthday and can't wait to do lots of hiking etc.

Off to bed soon...hopefully I can sleep better tonight :)

Cool! Glad your on the mend.

Hiking in Wales sounds great fun. It was my 30th a few weeks ago and we went up north (I'm from Scotland) and we did lots of chilling and walking.

Started 20/01/15
12lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st -
5% -
1st 7lb -
2st -
10% -
2st 7lb
3st

We are off to Florida in September. I am ridiculously excited. I really want to lose weight for that so I can run around disney like a crazy person!

Started 20/01/15
12lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st -
5% -
1st 7lb -
2st -
10% -
2st 7lb
3st

Cool! Glad your on the mend.

Hiking in Wales sounds great fun. It was my 30th a few weeks ago and we went up north (I'm from Scotland) and we did lots of chilling and walking.

We are off to Florida in September. I am ridiculously excited. I really want to lose weight for that so I can run around disney like a crazy

A belated happy 30th birthday!!
I've never been to Scotland but always wanted to go!
Florida will be so much fun!
I think that running around Disney like crazy is a must!
We are looking at going somewhere just hot and all inclusive this year to just relax as work has been so manic the last few months.
Wales will be our activity holiday.

A belated happy 30th birthday!!
I've never been to Scotland but always wanted to go!
Florida will be so much fun!
I think that running around Disney like crazy is a must!
We are looking at going somewhere just hot and all inclusive this year to just relax as work has been so manic the last few months.
Wales will be our activity holiday.
Thank you :)

You should come to up here. There is so many pretty places and lovely scenery. You could do plenty of activity stuff.

Hot, all inclusive relaxation sounds great! We go to Turkey usually for that and love it for the temp and how cheap it is to eat and drink.

So glad it's Friday today. This week of work has been dull haha

Started 20/01/15
12lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st -
5% -
1st 7lb -
2st -
10% -
2st 7lb
3st

Hello Laura,

I am sorry to hear of your Asthma attack, it sounds very scary. I am glad that you are feeling much better now.

lostinarnia xx

Hello Laura,

I am sorry to hear of your Asthma attack, it sounds very scary. I am glad that you are feeling much better now.

lostinarnia xx

Thanks hun xx

I had a very relaxing day off today which was nice.
I am on-call tomorrow but very rarely get called out so fingers crossed I won't be.
We booked our holiday today...decided we just wanted sun and sea and relaxing (I can then pack lots of books). So we booked an all - inclusive week to turkey at the end of September! Another thing to motivate my weight loss.
Hope everyone has had a good Friday xx

I am so glad that you were able to relax!
Oooo your holiday sounds fabulous and an ideal amount of time for you to achieve your goals!
Can i be nosy, what kind of books do you like to read? I am just getting in to reading and wondered if you have any suggestions?

lostinarnia xx

I am so glad that you were able to relax!
Oooo your holiday sounds fabulous and an ideal amount of time for you to achieve your goals!
Can i be nosy, what kind of books do you like to read? I am just getting in to reading and wondered if you have any suggestions?

lostinarnia xx

Thanks. The holiday is definitely going to be good motivation.
It's not nosy all...I read a mixture of books. I like to read classics and mostly fantasy or thriller books...sometimes I'll read a romance. At the moment I'm reading The Old Curiosity Shop and then a fantasy book in a trilogy by Trudi Canavan called The Magicians Apprentice. What type of books do you like and I can try to suggest something? xx

My second weigh in today...lost 1lb which I'm still happy with :)
I am feeling slightly hungover this morning as I went to a friends last night with a couple of the other girls and we had a karaoke night.
It was a good laugh and luckily I had enough points over from my weeklies to allow for the alcohol.
Will be spending today relaxing...OH will be watching the football. Then an early night for me as up at 5am!

Last edited:
Hello Laura. Just catching up. Sorry to hear about ur asthma attack but also glad to hear you have relaxed and on the mend.

Jealous reading about all ur holidays. Great motivation for both of you.

Well done on the 1lb off. Marvellous effort :)
I also love to read. At the moment I am reading "I am pilgrim" really enjoying it x

Hello Laura. Just catching up. Sorry to hear about ur asthma attack but also glad to hear you have relaxed and on the mend.

Jealous reading about all ur holidays. Great motivation for both of you.

Well done on the 1lb off. Marvellous effort :)
I also love to read. At the moment I am reading "I am pilgrim" really enjoying it x

Thanks hun :)
I haven't been on a proper holiday for ages so as it's my 30th this year I seem to be going on 3.
My parents are taking me, my OH and my sister (who's also my best friend) back to Wales where we went when younger, which I can't wait for.
Then my sister is surprising me with a long weekend away somewhere. Then OH decided he wanted us to go away for a relaxing holiday...i couldn't argue with that

I've heard of the Pilgrim...its on my "to read" list (along with about 600 other books haha)
A few years ago I realised I stopped reading as much as I used to so I try hard to make time to read now.
My office moved recently and increased my journey from half hr on the bus to an hour and a half so I get lots done on the way to and from work! xx

Had a lovely relaxing day today. Just had a silver sparkly bath with a Lush bath melt and now getting casserole out of the oven for a late dinner.
Up at 5am tomorrow for work so an early night for me.
Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend x

Am absolutely exhausted today as I ended up having to call my out of hours doctors last night who send me to a&e where I was told I have a bad urinary tract infection that possibly making its way to my kidneys. So am on strong antibiotics. Didn't get home till gone 2am so spent most the day in bed. Not eaten much today so at least I know I was within my daily amount.
Hope everyone else has had a good day.x

Your having some time of it just now... Hope you are on the mend soon. Xxx

Started 20/01/15
12lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st -
5% -
1st 7lb -
2st -
10% -
2st 7lb
3st

Your having some time of it just now... Hope you are on the mend soon. Xxx

Started 20/01/15
12lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st -
5% -
1st 7lb -
2st -
10% -
2st 7lb
3st

Thanks hun. xx

Am due to have some tests soon as they think I might have an ovarian cyst that's ruptured or Pelvic Inflammatory disease possibly due to having the coil fitted. But will have to wait and see.
They've signed me off work until the end of next week which I wasn't expecting but at the moment I'm feeling so rough that I'll just have to stay off...although I get bored easily.
So haven't really pointed properly at the moment but I know I'm not going over points as not eating much.
Will hopefully start pointing again properly soon which will make me feel better x

Your health is far more important to sort out than worrying about anything else.

Hope they get to the bottom of it soon.

Laura

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

Your health is far more important to sort out than worrying about anything else.

Hope they get to the bottom of it soon.

Laura

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

Thanks x

I find that I'm writing the same things here as I am in my food diary so I'm going to stop updating this one and continue with the one called Laura's Food Diary in the ww section :)

Will come and find it :)

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

Back