**Laura's Student Food Diary!**

Oh hunny, try not to worry about it too much, your diary looks like you've been doing well. Try and eat well at your parents but dont put too much pressure on yourself xx

B's lovely lady said:
Oh hunny, try not to worry about it too much, your diary looks like you've been doing well. Try and eat well at your parents but dont put too much pressure on yourself xx

Thanks B! Feeling a bit better today. It's been a trend over the past few years that I always put on weight during exam time, so I was really worried that yesterday was going to be the start of it. But I'm going to break the trend! Mum helps a lot with keeping me on track and eating healthy, it's just dad that's so anti-diet haha! But today they were out so got to make my own stuff. How's it going your end?

Xx

Thursday 21st April- green day

Intended to have an 100% green day today but I couldn't resist seasoned chicken to my stir fry for dinner so I synod it, but still within my syns so an 100% day today! Spent all day tutoring the bro in gcse maths, meaning I've done no revision of my own lol! Better get those wheels rolling! I also have to find time to buy a dress for the annual uni ball in may and I'm hoping to find some fab size 12 wonder!

Breakfast:
2 weetabix w/ ss milk (Hex a + b)

Lunch:
2 weetabix w/ ss milk (Hex a + b)

Dinner:
Stir fry mushroom, vegetables and seasoned chicken (12.5 syns)
Brown basmati rice

Snacks:
Half a flake bar (3 syns)
Apples
2 x muller light

Total syns: 15.5 syns

X

Last edited:
Hey Hunny!

Don't worry about the gain too much I won't say that I know how you feel as I have chosen not to weigh myself and all I know is that I was pushing on a size 16 in January and now I'm a 10/12 in most shops. My weight loss journey has always been a slow one as I am hypo-thyroid so my metabolism can be sluggish at times. I know how you feel about eating with your family as I live in an Asian household where curry & rice is the staple diet but the good thing is I've adapted alot of mums recipes to slimming world friendly versions so I tend to eat the same as everyone else. There are times where I have to cook mine and mum's food separately but it doesn't seem to bother me any more as I'm used to it now.

Studying can be stressful enough without having to stress about your food so try n keep things simple. I personally find green and extra easy work really well for me as they fill me up more and have only done red once without even realising lol! Try and plan a few days menu's in advance so you can concentrate on studying instead. Eat little and often and keep hydrated as we often confuse thirst with hunger and eat unnecessary calories that way.

Hope you have a fab easter xx

Lady A said:
Hey Hunny!

Don't worry about the gain too much I won't say that I know how you feel as I have chosen not to weigh myself and all I know is that I was pushing on a size 16 in January and now I'm a 10/12 in most shops. My weight loss journey has always been a slow one as I am hypo-thyroid so my metabolism can be sluggish at times. I know how you feel about eating with your family as I live in an Asian household where curry & rice is the staple diet but the good thing is I've adapted alot of mums recipes to slimming world friendly versions so I tend to eat the same as everyone else. There are times where I have to cook mine and mum's food separately but it doesn't seem to bother me any more as I'm used to it now.

Studying can be stressful enough without having to stress about your food so try n keep things simple. I personally find green and extra easy work really well for me as they fill me up more and have only done red once without even realising lol! Try and plan a few days menu's in advance so you can concentrate on studying instead. Eat little and often and keep hydrated as we often confuse thirst with hunger and eat unnecessary calories that way.

Hope you have a fab easter xx

Thanks lady A, you're a real gem! Glad to know someone understands where I'm coming from! I agree, I find green and EE days easiest and will be sticking to those. I found one of my dad's old cook books called bowl food, and from flicking through it a lot of the recipes are very SW and student friendly so I'll take it back to uni with me and give it a whirl. And though I love home cooking, I've had enough of STS and gains, and will be making my own food. Your words are a great comfort, thx!

Xx

Laural29 said:
Thanks B! Feeling a bit better today. It's been a trend over the past few years that I always put on weight during exam time, so I was really worried that yesterday was going to be the start of it. But I'm going to break the trend! Mum helps a lot with keeping me on track and eating healthy, it's just dad that's so anti-diet haha! But today they were out so got to make my own stuff. How's it going your end?

Xx

Sounds like you've got things all sorted your end!! All good with me thanks, lost 3lbs, but am really dehydrated so not sure loss is that big!!xx

Thanks lady A, you're a real gem! Glad to know someone understands where I'm coming from! I agree, I find green and EE days easiest and will be sticking to those. I found one of my dad's old cook books called bowl food, and from flicking through it a lot of the recipes are very SW and student friendly so I'll take it back to uni with me and give it a whirl. And though I love home cooking, I've had enough of STS and gains, and will be making my own food. Your words are a great comfort, thx!

Xx

Glad you've got a plan hun. Don't worry just keep doing your diary or give me a shout if you need advice or need go raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa about anything and I'm sure you'll do great. I find filling half my plate with salad really helps me control my portion size too. xx

B's lovely lady said:
Sounds like you've got things all sorted your end!! All good with me thanks, lost 3lbs, but am really dehydrated so not sure loss is that big!!xx

That's great! All the same, you must be pleased! Xx

Lady A said:
Glad you've got a plan hun. Don't worry just keep doing your diary or give me a shout if you need advice or need go raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa about anything and I'm sure you'll do great. I find filling half my plate with salad really helps me control my portion size too. xx

Thanks lady A. I do love my veggies too so going to keep that up! Raaaaaaaaa is a great way to phrase everything lol! Xx

Friday 22nd April

Hi guys. Things are going well! I wasn't that hungry today so I haven't eaten as much as I usually do but hopefully I've had enough fruit to make up for it! Today I resisted some chocolate biscuits my aunt gave me for Easter. I'm sure the brother will handle those for me lol!

Breakfast:
2 weetabix w/ ss milk (hex a + b)
Bananas

Lunch:
Scrambled eggs w/ 28g red Leicester cheese (hex a)

Dinner:
2 weetabix (hex b) w/ 100 ml ss milk (2.5 syns)

Snacks:
2 mini flakes (4.5 syns)
Mini twix piece (2.5 syns)
Red grapes
Clementine
Lots of bananas!
Apples

Back