Laura's weight loss diary :)

you never know until you go :) ... i really wasn't expecting a loss so you may get one too.... sometimes I think our bodies work extra hard to get rid of a binge :)

Didn't feel like having the porridge mid morning so just had a mullerlight and I'm starving now...lol

Hey Katie .. Welcome :) ... How are you getting on?

Didn't feel like having the porridge mid morning so just had a mullerlight and I'm starving now...lol

I am starving today, think it's coming down off the chips!

Hey Katie .. Welcome :) ... How are you getting on?

Thanks lovely ;-)

I'm doing okay hard at this time of year but I'm doing okay upto now ;-)

I will start reading your diary Iove looking for new ideas regarding lunch dinner & tea suggestions

I'm at target so I'm happy as long as I stay the way I am which in my opinion is harder than
Loising weight but I'm learning haha !!

How you getting on with it all have you lost much or got much left to lose ??

Xxx

wow well done on getting to the maintaining stage.... i dont think that day will ever come for me lol

Just had a fun size crunchie 4 syns

Weekly Syns - 7/105

Arrrghhhh what's wrong with me????

SO after making my big plan yesterday it failed at the first hurdle!!! I ended up going shopping straight from work as needed to pick up some more bits for the kids and I was starving!!! SOOOOO ended up wating a battered sausage and approx 10 chips from the local takeaway.... I've no idea how to syn it... Any ideas?

Then when I got home I had a small portion of dinner (free), chocolate chip cookie (3syns) and a dairy milk (kids one 5.5 syns) and a coffee. I swear I did not want/need the chocolate but just ate it anyway....arrrgggghhhhh.
So I've come to the conclusion that planning the days food does not work for me either...WILL HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!

On the other hand today has started well. I had a coffee and Hi Fi Bar and Banana for early breakfast, scrambled egg with skimmed milk for breaktime and managed to resist gorgeous cake that was brough in because it's the Boss' birthday!! Happy about that one :)

Not going very well on the water drinking so far since WI but hoping to sort that out today....

Friday lunch is always with the girls from the office and every Friday I have the same thing, Caesar Salad with dressing on the side and a diet coke... The chap doesn't even have to ask me my order anymore...lol
Dinner this evening is leftover spaghetti Bolognese and I'll have something small with a coffee around 9.30pm.

Bought alot of Christmas goodies last night so I'm going to need alot of willpower to keep myself away from them :) .... I'm planning on not opening them until the day I get my Holidays from work on the 20th at least :)

Love battered sausage! I am no help to you at all am I?

You know, it's not that bad a splurge. Think about the portion of chips you'd have had pre SW. And ONE cookie, kid-sized bar? That shows restraint!

Have a few days of extra fruit and veg, cut back on the carbs at dinner, and you'll be back on track.

I've no Christmas stuff in the house yet, but bought ingredients to make a Christmas-pudding-shaped-rocky-road-cake... DANGER!!
And the McGuigans wine I love is reduced in Supervalu, so bought 2 bottles last night. They won't see Sunday!

lol... I'm not actually a wine drinker so I'm glad about that as I'd definitely be one of these people who have a glass every night after work ( work is stressful - boss is a beast lol ) ... I don;t seem to be as inclined to crack open a can of Budweiser altho some evenings I'm very tempted !! :)

Love my beers, but could have them in the house for weeks and not go near them. If there is wine though, I am a divil for it. Had got into the habit of a glass in front of telly at night, cut it back to weekends. Although probably drinking too much of it then!

Oh well!

Tuesday 10th December

God I'm really neglecting this diary - never kept one as a child/teenager (except when I spent the Summer in Canada) so think I'm just not in the habit of it.
Had a great weekend doing things but not a great weekend foodwise (could have been worse I suppose).
On Friday night just had my dinner and 2 squares of chocolate and fell asleep on the couch cos I was soooo tired, at least it stopped me for eating more anyway lol.....

On Saturday I was home fr most of the day... had bacon medallions on wholemeal bread for brekkie..... savoury rice for lunch..... and then went to see Santa with my little ones on the Santa Magical train. We booked for 7 pm and left home at 5pm to spend some time looking around before we got there. The trip finished at 8.45pm and then we headed for home. Home at 9.30 pm and STARVING... ended up going to the chipper.... had a salad burger and a half bag of chips... was so hungry but at least I didn't order a 1/4 pounder which is what I would normally have done :)

On Sunday I went to Dublin for the day shopping with my friend. Had a SW fry up before we left with syn free sausages, bacon medallions and wholemeal bread... was yummy and full for the most of the day. We went to McDonalds for dinner and I chose a grilled chicken salad which was good but then went to Ikea and had their gorgeous dessert...lol... was delicious tho.

Then sad to report I had another chipper dinner last night as had unexpected visitors and today is shopping day....arrrgghhh... went for chicken nuggets and 1/2 bag of chips tho wasn;t too bad.... I hope I maintain this week tho after all that...even tho I deserve a gain!!1
Hope everyone is doing well :)

Tuesday 10th December

On Sunday I went to Dublin for the day shopping with my friend. Had a SW fry up before we left with syn free sausages, bacon medallions and wholemeal bread... was yummy and full for the most of the day. We went to McDonalds for dinner and I chose a grilled chicken salad which was good but then went to Ikea and had their gorgeous dessert...lol... was delicious tho.

bet you walked that dessert off battling through town on 8th Dec! ;)

lol... hopefully ha :)..... was crazy in the shops alright and I HATE queing with a passion....thank god for smartphones or I'd be gone crazy.... thankfully I managed to get Santa sorted very early this year so only have bits and bobs to pick up :)

Have had a really bad week overall, have tried to pull it back but I don't think I have managed it... WI tonight and expecting a small gain... feel very bloated too... altho I don;t mind because before I started losing the weight I never really knew what being bloated felt like.. I just felt crap all the time LOL

Weigh in tonight too, and not feeling it either. Sluggish is the word I'll opt for!

Set myself a challenge today not to eat chocolates over Christmas. I can be quite thick-headed about stuff, so hoping that will kick in when someone passes me the Roses!

God you have better willpower than me.... I even opened one of the tubes of Pringles that I promised I wouldn't open until I got my Christmas Holidays from work.... arrggghhh

Crisps are my downfall, so shouldn't have too much trouble staying off the chocs. It's just if they are there I'll mill through them, so making the decision now not to have any will stick in my mind.

I know it's a "tweak", and probably not allowed, but do you ever make lasagne sheet nachos? They take a while to make, and you're probably meant to syn them (I don't!), but I figure they're better than crisps! I make them on Fri nights for in front of telly while DH has his pringles. Even if you do syn them, a lasagne sheet is 3.5 syns, so 10 syns would cover a big bowl full.

Arrrggghhhh up 1.5 lbs..... deserved it tho... haven't been completely on plan with about 5 weeks and it's definitely catching up on me now!! Stayed to class last ngiht and decided that I am going to try my best this week for a loss. I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me staring with Christmas lunch tomorrow... working away for the weekend and going to my friend's Hen Night on Saturday night but I'm not drinking for the weekend and hoping to make some good choices foodwise... I'm also stocking up on Mug Shots and other free bits for the weekend, and bringing fruit with me. I was so disappointed with the gain even though I deserved it .. I don't want to feel like that next week again.

Also decided this week that I'm gonna change my food up a bit... am getting kind of sick of the HiFi Bars so only gonna have 1 per day now, in the afternoon with a coffee and syn it. I'm gonna use my HEB for a sl of wholemeal bread and syn the butter. Planning on making superspeed soup and Frittata this week too to help me along.

I worked really hard to stay on plan for the first 10/17 weeks that I'm joined and I don't want to throw all that away.... I have a Winter Wedding on 30th Dec and would love to hit my 2stone award before then... Hopefully if I stay in this frame of mind I can do this.

Today's Food
Breakfast : Porridge (HEXB) made with 200 mls skimmed milk (HEA) and Coffee
Mid Morning : Apple
Lunch : Turkey Breast with Hot & Spicy Couscous (1/2 syn), Diet Coke
Mid AFternoon : Coffee and Hi Fi Bar (3 syns)
Dinner : TBC but will be SW dinner with Superfree
Mid evening: Sl Wholemeal bread (4.5 syns), scrape of butter (1syn) turkey breast, cup of tea,

HEA : Milk
HEB : 1sl Wholemeal Bread
SYNS : 9

You'll definitely get there! Even if you don't get 2 stone for the wedding, think how different it would have been if you'd not started SW. 1.5 stone off isn't to be sniffed at! You'll get back in the mindset, and you'll storm it.

Your post sounds very determined, and you're plan to jazz it up a bit will help. I think we get bored on the same foods... except crisps, never bored of those!

Back