LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

LauraZee

OK so I thought I would start a diary on here, I've never really done one of these but it has to be worth a go! I'm one of those people that constantly needs encouragement but I am lucky as I have a very supportive husband and family too.

So I'm 26, and according to the scales this morning have a bit less than 6 stone to lose. Ive kind of yo-yo dieted for a few years now, since finishing school, starting 6th form and then uni (basically when food wasn't regulated for me anymore!). I got married in Sept 11 and managed to lose 2.5 stone for that which was great, but i should have done better.

I had a bit of a rough time before the wedding, being taken into hospital (on my hen night no less!!) with pancreatitis and gall stones, then having an operation only a few weeks before. I made a pretty speedy recovery though, but I did eat to make myself feel better.

After the wedding we enjoyed not paying for a wedding anymore - mainly by eating out, eating in, eating anywhere we could! We then went on a cruise for our honeymoon and I ate my body weight in food a few times over, shortly after that was Christmas so you can guess the rest.

So basically I have gained the weight I lost for the wedding and am right back where I started. I'm not proud of it but want to do something about it for good this time.

I work for an aviation training company, as an account manager. Its mainly desk work and as a female in a predominantly male environment we are constantly brought gifts (chocolate!). The company also provide free cakes, pastries, donuts, yogurts etc etc so its a dieters nightmare, so its going to be tough going avoiding it all but I know I'll feel good when i do. I work with another woman who has lost weight on LL a while ago and I know she'll keep an eye on me!

I want to lose weight to not only look better but to get the old me back, I'm sure I'm not a shadow of the person I used to be now with pretty low confidence. This is the first step :)

I think thats about everything, day 1 today - I'll let you all know how it goes!! Wish me luck!

P.S. it wont always be that long lol!!

Well done for starting! You sound like your head is in the right place to do this and achieve your goals! Please do try and succeed now and conquer your weight and food issues so it doesnt become a major part of your life! I too lost weight for my wedding, in my twenties, and then put it back on again, and continued to through pregnancies, life issues etc. Am now in my fifties and still havent managed to get as low as I was then! Yoyo dieted and suffered the lack of confidence throughout my life! So my advice is to DO IT NOW and then stay on top of it throughout your life! I started this plan two days ago and it is pretty straight forward and the support on here is really great (I have already lost 2 lbs!!) I am about 6 stone lighter than I was a year ago but still have a way to go and switched to this to get things moving again!
You have made the first step so good luck with this, use all the help on here and best of luck you will soon see your former self reappearing!!

Good luck Laura, you have lots of support on here and if you can get through the first few days you will be fine :-D

Thanks ladies! I've never used a forum like this before and I have to say it really does seem like a big help to hear about everybody's success', thoughts, advice etc! Everyone seems to be doing so well, i hope i can keep up!

Hi Laura this forum really is a life saver for me - I could not have lasted nearly three weeks without it. Still early days I know but I probably would have fallen at the first hurdle!

Good luck!!
xxx

Good luck Laura, I am on this diet for my wedding day! Hoping to be much slimmer by the wedding! Hate my arms so they need to shrink!!! Good luck with your journey! xxx

Good luck Laura. This forum is a lifesaver. Although most of us don't actually know anyone it really feels like a helpful community on here and we all help each other through by celebrating success and supporting people through the more difficult times.

OK so yesterday was day 1 and it was absolutely fine! The latte shake was really nice and I had the spaghetti bolegnese with broccoli and swede for dinner, again, really good. Its nice to feel like youre having a meal in the evening, using a knife and fork like normal people!
I think it def helped that I didnt eat carbs for 2 days before starting, I should be well on my way to ketosis soon.
Now to choose my flavours for today........

Aim for this week - not to weigh myself every day. Hoping for a nice surprise :)

Glad day 1 went well for you! You are doing fine! I agree that most of the packs are really nice, so far my favourites are the spag bol, chilli and choc one with the cereal bits it! Hope day two is as good for you!

Glad day 1 went well for you Laura! I am nearly on my 4th week now and it's gone so fast! This forum has really helped me! I wish you a smooth transition into ketosis! xx

great start there ,also hello!

Imon week two and feeling right into the swing of it now, so stick to your vlcd and power through any hard bit of the day

Hi hun, just wanted to wish you luck on your s&s journey. Seems to me you've got off to a great start. Keep posting on mini's it's a real lifeline for me. You'll find everyone to be really helpful and encouraging.
Where did you go on your cruise? I've been on one cruise before when I was in Florida I have to say it was the one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. I'd go again tomorrow (if only I could afford to lol) xx

Thanks everyone! Day 2 is going well so far too, the crunchy vanilla shake was lovely!
Laurie - I went with Royal Caribbean and did two consecutive cruises, east caribbean and then west caribbean. it was lovely but a little claustrophobic, especially with so much food right at hand!! Im going to Orlando in june, hoping to have lost a lot more weight before that holiday!

Wow, sounds lovely, I went to Florida and in the middle of our holiday we did a 3 night disney cruise around the bahamas, and went to disney's own island. It was fantastic.
I'm going to Greece in JUne, can't wait hoping to have lost another 5 stone by then, fingers crossed!

If you like the crunchy vanilla, you'll love the chocolate crispy one yum you'd never think these were diet shakes would you lol
xx

Those Disney cruises looked great, we docked beside them a few times! We do t have children though and weren't sure if we'd feel a bit out of place there, not that it stopped us booking Orlando for June!
Fingers crossed for bikini bodies in 4 months for our holidays :)

Hi LauraZ, I really enjoyed your opening diary post. Like you, I didn't do diaries, particularly not in a forum filled with folks I don't know, but see this is different, filled with women just like you and me and we all want to succeed and enjoy watching others get through the barriers that fat places in our way. This is great therapy and it works, so keep up the diary! I've been on here about an hour, working through all the s&s diaries and it doesn't half inspire! I was like something demented yesterday, I got into smaller trousers that have been in the wardrobe for ever, nearly killed two small dogs in an effort to diary about it! It's addictive and it helps! And don't worry about length! You are doing this for you, not for any other b*gger, though others will keep you going! xx

Thanks Giza, I'm glad you liked it! Was just a stream of consciousness really but good to write it down!
Day 3 today! Day 2 was good, went to the cinema last night but as we were running late my husband didn't even have time to buy snacks, great for me, nothing to envy!!
Crispy chic shake this morning was delish, everybody said it would be!
Just to get through the rest of the day today, over at my parents with family visiting. Have all my meals planned out though so know I'll be fine :)

You're doing really well. I love Orlando! been 3 times in sept/oct for halloween! Universal do this halloween horror nights it's awesome! x

Thanks Tara, I've been twice before but my husband has never been. Were going to have such a good time, made better by the fact I won't weigh anywhere near as much as I do now!!! x

Back