LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

My OH has never been either, would love to go with him. I never liked having my photos taken on the rides lol purely because I'd be cringing at how fat I looked! At least next time I won't be bothered!

I know what you mean, I can't wait til the time when I want to show everyone my fat photos so they can see what I used to look like :)

So yesterday was a good day, as I said in my main forum post I amanged to sit with all the lovely food under my nose and have my caramel shake which was lovely! I kept my head buried in my minimins iphone app when they were eating all the chocolate and looked forward to my muesli bar cut into tiny pieces in the evening.
So today is day 4, its come by quick. I had a sneak peak at the scales this morning which is naughty but I wont announce anything until the full week is up as things could change, but very happy at the mo :)
I do have a spot on my chin this morning which is very unlike me, I'm hoping its a fleeting thing and it wont hang around. I've seen other people mention the same.
Quiet day at home today, no distractions so this should be easy compared to yesterday. Just taking one day at a time!

Good luck Tara, just remember no food is worth cheating for! :)

OK so the weekend is over and I survived! Still proud to have stuck to it 100%. Yesterday (day 4) was a funny day though, I felt really emotional in the evening for no real reason. I had been good all day and wasnt intending to cheat, I wasnt even feeling hungry but I just wanted to cry so I settled for an early night instead! Feeling much better this morning! I'm surprised it wasnt Saturday I was feeling low after having all those temptations in my way all day!
Didnt have anything exciting to report yesterday, but the hazelnut shake was yummy. So far I havent tried anything I haven't liked and I havent had the same thing twice. I am dodging the tomato soup though, only have one of those! I enjoyed my chocolate shake hot yesterday, just what the snowy morning needed!
Back to work today, should be another easy one, nearly my first week WI!!

Have a good day Laura and well done on surviving the weekend. It's always when I'm at me weakest and being at work is a breeze in comparison :)

Well done Laura! The first week is almost over, and it's generally easier thereafter. Good luck for your first W.I this week too!!! xx

OK so day 5 is done and dusted, it made me realise that weekdays are a breeze compared to weekends! I also had the cottage pie last night, it was pretty good! I had read some bad comments and was nervous but i didnt even need salt/pepper. Everyones different I guess, maybe I'll like the tomato soup?
Counting down to my weigh in,my uniform feels a little looser which is a good sign. Plus I had all my hair cut off last night, it went from nearly waist length to shoulder length, that must have lost me a few more lbs right!?! :D
Well good luck everyone for another 100% day today!!

My relationship with food

So I'm sitting at home alone at 8.30pm and I keep thinking about things I can eat. I've had my packs for the day and I'm not even hungry but for some reason I feel like i need something.
I'm doing well on the diet and i know I'm not going to cheat now but I think it speaks volumes about my relationship with food. I have always binged on food whenever I think I can get away with it. If a packet of something is sealed I won't touch it, as someone would know I'd eaten it, but if I can have a bit of this or that I'll eat whatever I can. If nobody is around I'm terrible, I eat stupid things in a random order! I guess I'm struggling to get away from that mind set.
Its a funny one, I dont think I can claim I eat because I'm sad/happy/lonely etc is it possible I just eat because I can?

Anyway, I'm just writing here to take my mind off it. Going to get an early night I think and be glad I made it through and stayed strong. My OH works shifts and does 4 nights in 16, so after Friday I dont have to worry about it for a couple weeks again at least!!

It's good to come on here Laura to take your mind off food. I would always snack in the evening for no reason really as mostly I wasn't hungry. It was just habit. Definitely something I need to watch in maintenance.

Your post strikes a chord with me too Laura. Somehow, I've lived my life deriving comfort from food when bored, tired, upset, happy etc. It's become a habit, as you said. For me, it doesn't help either that I also love food - its taste, texture etc.
So a toxic combination really but I'm working on it and learning other ways and habits to deal with boredom, exhaustion, anger and celebration other than letting my fingers trail to the crisps packet.

This month, I ordered wafers and slipped up on them BIG TIME when they first arrived. My options were never to order them again or learn how to handle a source of temptation. So I'm training myself to have 1 pack each week: half on Monday after WI and the other half on Friday(half-open packets often call me :D). That means there's a half-pack sitting in the fridge for 5 days, but I'm learning to say "No" and "Later, when the time's right".

Thanks Ladies, its interesting to know that other people eat out of habit too. I did get through the night and didn't even have an early one in the end, I just kept telling myself I wasnt hungry so why would I want to eat.
1 night alone out of 4 is done and I know I will carry on to be good for the next three. I just have to plan little things to keep me busy.
So today is my 7th day, all has been good so far and I'm still excited about my first weigh in tomorrow morning. I'll let you all know how it goes.
I'm getting nervous now about my week away in center parcs in February. Before I even started this I thought I'd just stop for those 5 days, but a week in I'm realising it wont be that easy. I think the best all round plan might be to have my packs wherever I can and if we go out then have a low cal/carb type dinner like a chicken salad. Then I can fit in but not blow the whole thing. We have people coming with us for the first 2 days then we are on our own so it will be easier for the last few days. I guess a couple of days isnt worth blowing the whole thing for. The girl coming with us is pregnant so at least there'll be two of us not drinking. I'll just have to research some of their menus and plan ahead wherever I can. Something to keep me occupied!
Has anyone else had much experience having breaks away from home? I'm feeling guilty seeing that people cancelled/avoided breaks away for valentines day!! x

Eek 1st weekly weigh in tomorrow! I'm so excited to see how I've done I'm getting an early night to make it come quicker :D

I've not long come back from a week at centre parcs I was 100% on the diet the whole time after all we can have fun and enjoy our life it's not all about food :)

Good luck at WI Laura xx

Thanks BG! I'll be reporting in bright and early!
Well done to you too L2L! I am seriously considering going 100% while in center parcs but don't know if I'm strong enough while we have company. Might have 3 packs plus chicken and salad/veg for the first few days then back to 100% for the last 2 when it's just my OH and I.
I just hate sitting in a restaurant and not eating but I don't want anyone else to miss out because of me :(

I went to pan cake house twice and had my shake at the table while everyone had there's.

I had nice relaxing bath while they had tea and drank water and enjoyed myself do much

:)

OK so sorry to anyone who has already read my exciting news in the main forum but I wanted all newbies/potential newbies to see it too.
I've lost 12lbs in my first week :D
I'm no longer 'severely obese' :D
I've lost 10% of what I need to lose :D

So of course I'm feeling positive this morning but also have to face facts that it will now slow right down. My iphone app worked out if I carry on at this rate I'll be at goal by the end of march, haha, wouldnt that be nice? Still as I'd been counting calories since the new year I thought maybe I wouldnt have the dramatic loss in week one, but I was wrong!

Just to stick with it now, through good times and bad.
Good luck everyone xx

You need to create a ticker thing now you've started. I love updating mine and seeing it shift to the right, and thus closer to goal :)

Back