LauraZee - half way to the new me!!

I am sure you will be Laura, it is prob just a minor disparity with it being on a diff surface. Well done on sticking with it! x

Another good day, but a few diet cokes. Had a red berries shake for breakfast, mushroom soup for lunch, half a truffa bar in the afternoon, chicken and salad for tea and the other half of my bar for pudding.
I replaced all the sides from the menu and just asked for a side salad. When it came it was just iceberg lettuce and cucumber! Dust look very appetising but perfect for me really.
Still feeling completely bloated though and starting to guess I'm prob only going to STS this week (if I don't gain) pretty soul destroying really :( :( :( :( :(

You never know Laura, our bodies are funny things, Moosh looked like she was going to have a sts week and lost 7lbs all at once. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine xxx

Had another ok day today, shake for breakfast and chilli for tea. Was a little naughty at lunch, had a salad with chicken, bacon, avocado and a bit of egg. Shouldn't really have had it but I know it was low carb and I did really enjoy it, reigning it in by not having a bar and done lots of exercise.
It's just the two of us here now so back to 100% from tomorrow. Would be weigh day but the scales seem a bit different from at home so I will have to delay until Saturday. Guessing I'll just say the same this week, but not bad after being away, usually would have put on weight.
Can't beleive I'm about to start week 5!! Seems like only yesterday I started. Now my work colleague and mum-in-law are on S&S too, I will not let them out me to shame! I'm here for the long haul x

I love the fact that you packed the scales for your time away Laura :D. How dedicated is that! :)

Ok weighed myself and the scales have def gone down today - wahoo - but I can't really use it as my weigh in as it does seem different on the different surface. Don't want it to look like I've done better than I have!
Of course I brought the scales! I'm taking this pretty seriously and people thought I was mad dieting while on holiday but 'just having a few days off' before was what got me into this mess!
Will report in with a slightly delayed weigh soon x
100% day today and spa tonight :D

OK so I'm back home and have done my weigh in, lost 1,5lbs this week. Not bad for a week away, my husband put on 4.5lbs!! I would have liked to have been rewarded with a bigger loss for all my efforts choosing the right things when we ate out, all the extra exercise and avoiding all the snacks everybody else had but a loss is a loss!
I was a real feeder while we were away making really bad snacks for everyone, keeping the crisps and dips topped up, making bacon sarnies for breakfast, cheese on toast for lunch, offering everyone chocolate and alcohol but sat blissfully with my shakes. It was nice to have something when we went out though, even if it was just chicken.
So yesterday was back to 100% after a few 99% days, fingers crossed for a bigger loss next week!
Will be doing my best to catch up on everyones diaries now, i hope you all had a good week! x

Starting to feel a bit downhearted today, scales have gone up slightly again after my second 100% day. Really hoping my body hasnt got used to the extra calories from the protein i had during the week.
I know that scales fluctuate but after such a small loss last week i felt like i deserved to see a fair drop now im home, and instead they go up!! I know its probably water or something but its frustrating all the same, I have a lot of weight to lose and was hoping this was a way to do it fast.
Now usually a kick like this would send me running to the takeaway menus for a 'treat' to help me get motivated again but I'm not going to let that happen. I'm not a mathmetician but i can basically deduce from calories in and calories burned I have to lose weight sooner or later, but preferably sooner. I dont know if i can stick with a diet like this if im going to lose only 1.5lbs per week, not when i still have this far to go anyway.
Fingers crossed things get better soon.

Don't get disheartened, I had a 2lb week and then 5 the next! Don't worry about this week, some weeks our bodies just cling onto water etc for various reasons.

xx

you're doing great Laura just keep going. A loss on holiday is fantastic and seeing an increase could just be water retention. Yes its frustrating but just hold onto how well you have done so far, don't let the demons in and keep chugging that water down!

lots of things come in to play if you are weighing frequently. Not only does your weight fluctuate day to day but throughout the day to so if you are going to weigh yourself lots make sure its at the same time each day. Or even better don't. Have you checked your measurements?

oh and your body won't get used to the extra calories from the protein if anything it may help with the weight loss as it keeps your body guessing as to what's going on. On every diet I have been on the plateau comes at some point and I always used to kick start it by eating more.

Thanks ladies, your posts really cheered me up! I know I should be thrilled about losing weight while away but I guess a bit of me just thought I'd have an extremely good week because of all the exercise but that wasn't meant to be.
I always have been a daily weigher, which can sometimes lead me into 'I've had a tiny gain which makes me miserable' syndrome, but I kind of have to do it so I know what to expect at the en of the week. Otherwise I have a 100% week and expect like a massive 4/5/6lbs loss and feel gutted when the scales don't match my expectations. At least this way I'm prepared for the weekly result whether it's good or bad. I just have to learn to take the rough with the smooth, like I advise other people on here but can't seem to do myself!
Feeling back in the zone now, just need to get more water down me as only managed about 1.5-2litres the last couple of days hitch might not be helping.
Thanks again, feeling better now xx

Good for you, I know what you mean, I sometimes think, oh if it slows down to like 1-2lbs per week I may aswell be on slimming world or something, but we can't predict it, everyone is different and I still couldn't guarantee a loss every week on something like that.

I think as time goes on though, 3lbs per week I will be happy with, but think I will change up what packs I am having on different weeks etc, 3 some days 4 some days, introduce chicken/tuna salad some days instead of a 4th pack. I think we need to keep our bodies guessing and the metabolism on it's toes. I fully expect to hit a plateau like some other people doing the diet, not sure how I will cope then, but I plan to increase my exercise levels as I go too.

Keep it up and I am sure you will see a decent loss again next week, I am hoping for 4lbs, big ask but I am sure if I can stick 100% it can be done xx

Hey Laura, after February being a really bad month for me diet wise I can say that I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's really demotivating when the scales go up especially when you are eating dust (as someone at work puts it :)). Don't let the demons beat you though as they nearly beat me last weekend when I was having a meltdown about it. I got back on track on Monday tho and after a frustrating week on the scales they finally gave in and gave me a drop today. It's mind over matter and you just have to stay strong as you know that they will drop in the end.

And you did fantastically well on your break by the way. All power to you and I bet you're really smug that the people you went with almost certainly all put weight on :)

Thanks Tara, I'm always so quick to say its all rubbish when the scales don't go my way just for one day, I guess it's just my head preparing me for the worst! Sticking to positive thinking though for now, not going to let the scales get me down!
Thanks to you too BG, my OH put on 4.5lbs so I did feel good about that haha! Everyone said you can't diet while on holiday but actually it turns out you can! And it feels pretty good! So I'm trying to focus on that and hopefully these positive vibes will shift a decent amount of weight this week! Back at work on Monday too which sucks but does make dieting easier!!! x

Babysitting for my friend tonight (well her kids actually!) and I forgot to bring my bar! Starving so I had 5 mini chicken satay sticks, came to 4.5g carbs so technically just had the protein today instead of the 4th pack and still less carbs than if I'd had the bar. Fingers crossed the scales don't punish me, but I know they shouldn't. I've justified it in my head ok and kept the number limited when the old me would have had a whole plate full.
Shame it isn't a 100% day but the rest will be :) x

OK so the scales finally budged this morning, to 14st4 exactly. I dont want to sound ungrateful but thats 200lbs exactly, why couldnt I be 14st3.9???? If I dont lose more by thursday and get into those 100s I'm going to kick something, possibly myself or most likely my scales.
So had a nice easy 100% day yesterday and managed to get through my 3 litres of water, I really think that is what made the difference. Sad news is I am back at work today after a week off (boo!) but at least I find it far easier to sip my water all day long when I'm sitting at my desk. I hope thats going to make the difference for the rest of this week, I will not settle for another 1,5lb loss this week!!
I also did my measurements yesterday and my OH spent hours making a really complex spreadsheet for me to keep track of them in so I am hoping that will motivate me more as tie goes on too. I kind of wish I'd done that from the beginning as well as a photo but its too late now, I am never putting these 2 stones back on again!! Ever.

Back