laurenporkchop's food diary

Oooh your chinese idea sounds good! Enjoy it :) Its lovely when you know someone who is also doing it as you can keep each other on track and don't feel completely left out when others are having treat, as someone is also having SW food with you (which sometimes looks and tastes just as good as fatty versions - I say sometimes though) Have a nice evening xxx

Thanks hun!
Yeah it's nice to have someone else doing SW. When I did it for a few months last year me and a friend from work went together and we had tea together every week after class. It really helps!

Have a lovely weekend!
xxx

So I am feeling much positive today but also having a 'omg I feel massive fatty boom boom day' so we'll see what happens!

Chinese tonight at Rachel7896's house is chicken noodles with a SW curry sauce. We're also having duck salad with hoi sin for a starter, which I absolutely can't wait for. Should be a good night tonight. I'm sure the boys will be having a few beers but we're both going to be good and stick with diet pepsi and NAS juice!

I rarely have alcohol as I don't really like the taste of it. I'll only really drink loads if there's a reason for it, like a party or a celebration or something like that. It helps me save on syns as well, for tasty food like hoi sin!

So the plan today is to have a toast/beans/mushrooms hybrid of breakfast/lunch in a bit and then the chinese food tonight. We have also been to Tesco so have loadsa fruit and FF jelly and yoghurts in so may treat myself to some of that as well

Lauren
xxx

laurenporkchop said:
I rarely have alcohol as I don't really like the taste of it. I'll only really drink loads if there's a reason for it, like a party or a celebration or something like that. It helps me save on syns as well, for tasty food

I'm exactly the same. I very rarely drink - much rather save syns for something nice to eat!

So I am feeling much positive today but also having a 'omg I feel massive fatty boom boom day' so we'll see what happens!

Chinese tonight at Rachel7896's house is chicken noodles with a SW curry sauce. We're also having duck salad with hoi sin for a starter, which I absolutely can't wait for. Should be a good night tonight. I'm sure the boys will be having a few beers but we're both going to be good and stick with diet pepsi and NAS juice!

I rarely have alcohol as I don't really like the taste of it. I'll only really drink loads if there's a reason for it, like a party or a celebration or something like that. It helps me save on syns as well, for tasty food like hoi sin!

So the plan today is to have a toast/beans/mushrooms hybrid of breakfast/lunch in a bit and then the chinese food tonight. We have also been to Tesco so have loadsa fruit and FF jelly and yoghurts in so may treat myself to some of that as well

Lauren
xxx

mmm, duck with hoisin sounds de-lish (as does the rest of your chinese meal). It's so good having friends who are on the plan, it makes get togethers much easier and you can support each other along the way! It sounds like you have a lovely evening planned to go with your day out tomorrow...fun weekends are the best.

Have a great evening :)

Katie xx

How is it Monday morning again?

So the hybrid beans/mushrooms thing ended up being a ham salad! Which was very lovely.

Tea was at Rachel7896's house which was amazing. I've copied what she has put in her diary as I couldn't remember everything we had. I will definitely be making all those things again though...

Duck with lettuce, spring onion, and cucumber with a tsp of hoi syn sauce (gonna count 2 syns for the hoi sin)
Egg fried rice - boiled rice, fried in fry light with 2 eggs, garden peas and a tsp sesame oil ( 1 syn as i had half)
Cajun Chicken Stir Fry - Cajun spiced chicken (3 syns for oil) peppers, onion, beansprouts, cabbage, carrots and soft noodles with soy sauce all fried in fry light.
SW Curry sauce - Onion, garlic, curry powder, chopped tomatoes, sweetner, FF natural yoghurt.

Then for dessert i had a skinny cow ice cream - 4.5 syns

It was deeeeelish! I also ate a small piece of the boyf's easter egg, so I'll call Saturday's Syns as 15 in case I've forgotten anything..
Drinks were NAS juice and a diet pepsi.

Sunday was difficult. I had an Alpen bar and a yoghurt for breakfast which was fine. But I also had another cheeky trip to Meadowhall and the food court is so so tempting. Whilst the people I was with got fish and chips, I got a jacket potato with tuna and a side salad and a bottle of water. I'm glad I made the sensible choice as we ended up having chinese takeaway again at the boyfs Uncle's house!! There were 12 of us round so it was just easier rather than making something for so many people. I filled up on noodles and rice but I did have some black bean and some sweet and sour prawns so I'm saying that I also ate my full syn allowance for this day as well. Oh dear, I'm not doing too well!!

Drinks were NAS squash and water.

Syns for sunday - 15.

I'm wanting to have a good day today so the plan is..

Breakfast - FF yoghurt, Alpen Bar (HEB) and banana

Luncheons - Ham salad (ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, pineapple) salad cream (1 syn)

Dinner - Salmon, Salad and corn on the cob.

Snacks -Apple and another Alpen Bar (HEB)

No doubt I'll have some condiments with my salad tonight, but hopefully it'll be a relatively low syn day to balance out the weekend!

Lauren
xx

Just think though, it could have been 2 takeaways that weekend if we hadnt have made our own chinese on Saturday! So its not too bad! You'll be fine :) xx

Hi Lauren

Just wanted to say thank you and that you're a genius, the chocolate mousse recipe is just amazing. Just made some and it tastes so yummy, more like it is full of syns than just a few. I have split it into 4 portions into 4 empty mullerlight yoghurt pots for after dinner treats

Thank you again Sarah xx:D

Hey lauren, do you do EE or red, green or a mix? I'm trying to decided whether to mix it up a bit! xx

Hey!

I always do EE, I never even considered doing a mix until I read through a few diaries on here.

Although having 2 lots of Healthy Extra some days does sound rather tempting...??

Lauren
xx

Hi Lauren

Just wanted to say thank you and that you're a genius, the chocolate mousse recipe is just amazing. Just made some and it tastes so yummy, more like it is full of syns than just a few. I have split it into 4 portions into 4 empty mullerlight yoghurt pots for after dinner treats

Thank you again Sarah xx:D

Aw Fab! I'm glad you like it. Some of my friends thought it was an acquired taste but as you know I absolutely love it!! I'm going to have to go and purchase some Quark and make some tomorrow :)

Have a nice evening!
xx

Evening All,

I've actually been quite good today (shock horror!)

Breakfast - Alpen Bar and FF lemon yoghurt

Luncheons - Ham and pineapple salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, pineapple, ham)

Dinner - Salmon, Rice, Salad (lettuce, tomato, pepper, gherkin, tomato, cucumber and onion) and corn on the cob. Mayonnaise (2 syns)

Snacks - Apple, Banana, Curly Wurly (5.5 syns)

So 7.5 syns for the day!

Drinks were diet lemonade and water.

After writing this down I've just realised I haven't eaten my HEA or my other HEB. I'm not even really hungry so might not bother. Let's see how the night progresses :rolleyes: I might have a milky outrageous orange options...

I always forget to mention that exercise-wise, I walk to work and back every day which is about a 1 hour 10 minute round trip. I'm not great at getting other exercise, but am tempted to buy the Shred DVD and giving that a go. I occassionally play badminton with my sister as well, but that's so infrequent at the moment I'm not allowed to count it haha!

Settling down to catch up on some 'Body of Proof' then going to have an early night as I'm knackered!

Lauren
xxxx

Hi Lauren,

Totally agree with Rachel and Leah on the takeaway situation! I am going to try making your chocolate mousse sooner rather than later, it sounds yum.

Liliferjade and I made a cheesecake with Quark tonight, I think it's definitely an acquired taste but we both LOVE it!

Well done on getting straight back to plan :D Looking forward to seeing how you get on this week :) xx

Thank you hun! The mousse is amazing, I really like it. I like Quark so would probably like the cheesecake concoction too. I've tried to make one before but it didn't really set and was a bit runny!

Had another good day today, so I think I'm back on it!

Going to have a read through everyones diaries now :)

Lauren
xx

Evening!

Well firstly I need to say...

OMG chocolate philadelphia is the best thing ever. EVER.

Today has been okay, food-wise. The philly probably ruined it but oh well...!

Breakfast - Alpen bar light x 2 (HEB)

Luncheons - Subway Salad (4.5 syns + HEA) - chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, onion, cheddar cheese. Sauces were BBQ and sweet onion as always!

Dinner - Chicken, sweet potato, mushrooms, peppers and onions

Strawberries, chocolate philly (4.5 syns)

Snacks - apple, banana x 2, bag of crisps (4 syns)

So 13 syns today.

The crisps were so not worth it. They were Marks and Spencers salt and vinegar crisps, only 80 calories per bag, but they just tasted like cardboard with salt on. YUK! I won't be wasting my syns on them again.

Another night in tonight, I'm loving it. Bit of ANTM and then going to read my book :)

Lauren
xx

It was AMAZING.
So much better than the mousse, but way more syns. I wanted to eat the wholte tub but restricted myself. I had it with strawberries and it was delish. It's like the inside of a Lindor... but Cadburys!

xx

The crisps I usually have on SW which are low syns are... space raiders, velvet crunch, skips which are all about 4 syns. I also bought some pom bear crisps which I think are the same syns but they weren't that great. Some low cal crisps are very plain and like you said, like cardboard but these are all lovely x

Back