laurenporkchop's food diary

Thank you ladies!
I ended up having a lovely weekend and didn't get chance to post at all on here, it was a bit crazy!

We had some friends staying from Norwich so ended up cooking for them (Salmon and veggies yum!) on Saturday and then having a roast dinner on Sunday as well, with various trips out and other things happening along the way.

I won't bore you all with what I ate (partly because I can't really remember as well) but I think I was within my syns on Saturday, but Sunday was a bit dodge as we had a roast dinner in a pub and I don't know how they will have cooked everything. I had turkey (very lean) loadsa veg, but I also had a stuffing ball and some braised red cabbage and it tasted really sweet, so they probably added sugar to it.

Oh well!! I weighed in this morning with 1lb off! :D

I borrowed my Mum n Dad's scales and did it this morning, as I didn't get chance to last week.

I'm happy with the loss, as I thought after a cheeky week, with a few days going over my syns that I would either STS or gain so I'm chuffed with -1lb.

When I have a loss it makes me more determined to lose weight, but I think I'm just finding it quite difficult after having such a break from SW and reacquainting myself with delicious terrible food! I'm going to keep plodding along though and try and get down to 11 stone for summer. only 11lbs to go!

Lauren
xx

Tea was good, but we had beef in the curry and I'm not a huge fan so I picked it out! The taste of it was nice though and I had it with a bit of FF yoghurt as it was quite spicy (classic boyf putting in whole chillis, seeds and all)

I concocted a weird and wonderful starter with some mushrooms and I must say... I really enjoyed it!

I put mushrooms, garam masala, tikki chilli powder, salt, pepper and fry light in a pan with a splash of water and got them cooking. Once the mushrooms were about half done I added a squidge of tomato puree and a bit more water.
So I suppose I made curried mushrooms! I will definitely be doing this again!

(photos of tea below - my house still stinks of curry this morning :sigh:)

So today's plan of food is:

Breakfast - Banana and an Alpen Bar

Luncheons - I am going on a cheeky drive to Meadowhall with my cousin so we will be having lunch out. I am going to try and pick a healthy option but god knows where we're end up going.

Tea - will probably be too full after eating out but might have a snack of some sort!

It's a few days before payday so I have minimal funds but my cousin has recently lost weight so we're going to find her lots of nice new clothes to show it off :) I shall probably just be window shopping.

Lauren
xx

Hi Lauren

I tried making your curried mushrooms this weekend and they were super yummy, I didn't have any tomato puree so I just used some passata. The best thing though is that they were syn free and I still felt like I was having a treat lol.

Anyway just wanted to say thank you, hi and hope your having a good day

Sarah x

YAY FOR THE LOSS! Monday is most definitely a good day for WI's :D

Well done on the loss Lauren! x

Thank you ladies, I really appreciate it :) even thought it was a small loss I am feeling happy about it!

So today is a new day and I want to try and be really good. A friend of mine at work has started going back to SW and we've been chatting about it this morning and it's made me remember all about superfree and superspeed, and I'd kinda forgotten about it as I don't go to class anymore. Oops!

So food today is:

Breakfast : Double Choc Light Alpen Bar, Banana, FF yoghurt

Luncheons : Salad box from Morrisons. I haven't bought it yet but I normally go for lettuce, tomato, carrot, onion, sweetcorn, cucumber, egg, a smidge of coleslaw and some sun dried tomatoes picked out of the pasta salad!! I'll call it 5 syns for the whole thing as I'm going to try and be good and avoid the creamy pasta, but we'll see :)

Dinner : Prawn and Veg stir fry - prawns, soy sauce, chillis, noodles, brocolli, green beans, onion, mushrooms and peppers.

Snacks : An Apple and another alpen bar. And another friend at work has just bought some Morrisons Eat Smart prawn cocktail and soy sauce potato snacks crisps and they're only 95 cals. I just tried one and they are AMAZING. Deffos getting some for 5 syns!

So hopefully 10 syns for the day - not too bad :)

Hope everyone is well!

Lauren
xx

How was your morrisons salad? I know i say it all the time but i so wish i worked in town so i could get nice salads from morrisons and subway! I'm too lazy to buy all the stuff to make my own!

Also, i dont know if you'll know, but can you have a wholemeal pitta as HEb?

Nevermind, had a look on here and apparently they are but only from Asda or Co-op! Thats a pack of tesco mini pitta's going to waste! :(

Hello Ladies,

I fell off the SW wagon a little bit this last week. I had a hectic week work-wise and personal life wise and I probably did half and half days been really good and been really bad.

I'm confessing my worst sins now...

cheesy chips at the pub :eek:
a super massive roast dinner :eek::eek:
a burger king :eek::eek::eek:

ARGH!

So I weighed in very reluctantly this morning fearing the worst and I have STS!

It's a Monday morning miracle! I'm still 11 stone 11lbs!!

So in order to get myself back on track and try to stick with it a bit more I have set myself a mini target....

I want to lose 4 more lbs before Good Friday before my lil holiday to Scotland to visit all my family. That will get me down to 11 and a half stone, and I'd be chuffed.

So there we have it! I have my first mini target and fingers crossed it will help me.

Food Dairy for Monday

Breakfast - Cereal and Milk (5.5 syns, HEA), apple

Luncheons - leftover veg and potatoes from Sunday roast last night (all SW friendly). Got some cous cous as well in case I'm still hungry. Might have some ketchup with my potatoes too (2 syns)

Tea - Turkey stir fry (noodles, beansprouts, peppers, onions, sweetcorn, brocolli, turkey, sweet chilli sauce (3 syns))

Snacks - FF yoghurt, banana, strawberry jelly (0.5 syns)

So 11 syns for the day

Going to stop been so lame with my food diary as well and start updating it more, and commenting more too. I'm back in business!

Lauren
xx

Aww, well done on your STS! Good luck getting back on track... It can be hard when life seems to get in the way but I'm pretty sure you'll meet your mini target!

Thanks Toni,
I'm deifnitely finding SW a lot harder this time around and have so many distractions/temptations that I can't seem to keep away from.

But I'm back on it ad I'm going to give it a go. Just got under 3 weeks to lose 4lbs, that should be do-able??
xxx

Well done Lauren! I've already said this to you but thought i'd show some support on here :) you'll definitely reach your mini target! Looking forward to a SW tea on Friday already! Xxx

Back