Lavender Tea????

emily4amanda

Hi guys!!

I have some lavender tea in my cupboard and jasmine tea, I know I can have the jasmine as this is made from leaves, but I can't find anywhere if the lavender is made from the flowers, or the leaves. and I know you can't have herbal teas made from flowers just the leaves.

My question is can I have the lavender tea? :)

I dont think so. Leaf tea only and i think lavender made from the flower. Not worth the risk me thinks when in doubt stick to what u know :)

I've just had the jasmine and it's lush!

That sounds nice...might have to search some of that out...sick of green tea and peppermint tea..

Twinnings jasmine earl grey xx

Jasmine is a flower though? They put it in with Earl Grey leaf tea but jasmine itself is a flower so be careful with that!

Urgh pebbles, im with you on that! Green tea i used to really like but now it makes me gag no matter how i prepare it! Mint tea i find palatable but not enjoyable. Would love an alternative!!

Jasmine is a flower though? They put it in with Earl Grey leaf tea but jasmine itself is a flower so be careful with that!

Oh buggar so it is :cry: oh well I had the jasmine but still had a loss of 12lb for my first week! I will stay away from it in future though. Can anyone provide a list of herbal teas which are ok on LT?

Emily xx

What about Fennel tea that is supposed to be nice. I gave Fennel drink to my daughter when she was a baby and loves it as an adult.

Don't worry Emily, as long as you don't drink gallons of it then you should stay in ketosis :)
Fennel is the same, it's the seeds from the flower. Unless you can find one made of the leafs. I had trouble finding one when i needed it but i think it does exist!
These are the only ones i know that are leaf...
white/black/green tea
peppermint
Redbush/rooibos
nettle
eucalyptus
feel free to add anyone!

i have literally only been able to drink black coffee (in sheer desperation for the caffeine!) and water. green tea to me tastes like dish water, really wish i could like it but its just not happening, and i used to love peppermint tea untl it was all i could stomach in the early stages of pregnancy - now it just reminds me of morning sickness!! thank you for the list of other teas we can have, i am gonna get myself some redbush tea asap x

Hi everyone. Don't know if I'm right and would welcome any input but,,,,, I haven't been back on LT for long but it's true I'm really struggling with the general hunger/empty feeling that builds from tea time onwards not to mention being incredibly gassy! I find myself often looking for things to help and this is what I do. For hot drinks I hunt the garden out for anything 'steepable' so to speak. I started with fresh mint chopped up with sweeteners in regular black tea (I strained it as didn't like the idea of leaves in tea) and I do think it helps the gas side of things! I've also tried the same using only leaves from lavender, lemon grass, coriander and curry plant leaves in evening when making the family's dinner - it really takes some getting used to hot water steeped with herb leaves but all the while I'm thinking 'do I like it or don't I?, I don't think about the cooking do much. Oh just one other idea I'm playing with too, I have taken to 'eating' lots of ice as I miss the chewing motion but it struck me earlier why couldn't I freeze 'herb' water and again get something from the leaf flavoured chewing idea - I'm thinking it might have to be very strong to have the desired effect but any things worth a try no?

that sounds like a great idea steamy, and also iv heard eating ice/drinkin ice water helps burn calories as your body warms up the water! I drink a lot of fizzy water to help with the hunger, although this may make the gas worse, or help to release it?? xxx

So, ive bought myself some redbush to try and some ceylon tea. I was stood at the tea section in the supermarket for about 20 minutes trying to decide :rolleyes: would be nice tho if we could have others as the twinings limited editions look lovely.

Back