Laxatives question.. sorry!!

bex

Hi,

Sorry to ask but I was just wondering which laxatives are OK to take as I'm feeling a little bloated... :/
Is Senakot OK to take? It says that it's a 'natural, herbal remedy' and so I was wondering if the herbs will have any impact on LL? I've lost the packet so I can't have a look at the ingredients on the back!!

Any help with this will be much appreciated just so I don't have to bring this up with my group leader!!!

Thanks,

Bex

Yup agree I take Dulcolax but not sure on the senokot if its safe or not.

I found this post a couple of days ago that might help. I haven't tried it myself so can't guarantee results, but the girl who gave the advice says:

You ladies may well benefit from psyllium husks.
I did LL in jan -june and had choc waterfalls ( or fast poo as my kids called it when small!!) and then it changed to constipation, the laxitives just made me have a stomach ache and are really not an ideal long term solution, however Psyllium husk are!!
You get them from most health food stores and they come in a big tub (you can also get them in capsule form)
If you put a couple of scoops ( I use the 10ml one that came in the mix-a-mousse) in a small dish,

add a heaped tsp of a pack ( Choc is nice with a tsp of coffee too!!),
a couple of sweetners and then top up with about 100mls of water
stir and leave for 10 mins , you will have yummy kind of porridge, you could also heat it up or use hot water to make!!
do remeber to have a really good drink after to make it all wash through and I promise you, you will have lovely soft firm poos that will cause no discomfort and WONT require the loo brush!!!
This will not interfere with ketosis and will not affect your cal intake at all as they cant be absorbed by the body so pass straight through, you may be a little windy for the first few days but after that thing should settle and you will poo in comfort!!! Enjoy!!!

If you try it let me know how you get on!

Dulcolax is brill!!

However recently I have found that when I use it (after about a 4/5day 'blockage') that the next day I suffer from terrible cramps in my legs.

I don't know whether it strips out essential vitamins and minerals.

It's not a co-incidence - it has happend me about 3 times now and when I don't take it I am fine.

Curiouser and curiouser!! :cool:

LL H/O reccomend dulcolax (I take 1 every 2 days) but NOT psyillium husks (people vary on this - some take it & some (like me) wont!)...Painful legs may be that you've built up toxins after not having a poo for that long!!

Back