Laxatives

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by ilovelife, 27 August 2010 Social URL.

1. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I suffer with chronic consitpation which results in my GP given me a regualr supply of luxaclose which is a liquid syrip. I am dead anxious now as I don't know whether to take it during the pregnancy. I have an appointment with my GP next Friday I can not make it any eariler as I will be moving out. grr, so I don't know what to do, should I countine taking the medication for it?
    If I stop I know I will be four/five days without having a number two and be so bloated and in pain :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarahG31

sarahG31 New Mum :)

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(12.45%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating whilst breast feeding
    Never heard of luxalose, is it maybe Lactulose? If so then that's fine to take during pregnancy, as is Fybogel. However, despite not seeing your GP until next Friday, can you not just call your surgery and ask for a doctor to call you at home?

When I had a bit of a scare with my nephew having measles, I phoned up and just asked for someone to call me, and then did about 10 minutes later.

Congrats on the pregnancy by the way :)

4. ilovelife

Yeah sorry it is spelt Lactulose. Thanks for that much appreciated and put my mind at rest :)

5. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Hun I totally know how you feel! I suffer terribly with constipation and I find pregnancy makes it much worse! I am preggers at mo and still take lactulose, my Doc prescribes it for me and like Sarah says it is perfectly safe.
    Hope the move goes ok!! xx

6. ilovelife

Thanks a lot I find it really helpful once I get the accuracy right :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.