Laxatives

ilovelife

Wishing and hoping!
I suffer with chronic consitpation which results in my GP given me a regualr supply of luxaclose which is a liquid syrip. I am dead anxious now as I don't know whether to take it during the pregnancy. I have an appointment with my GP next Friday I can not make it any eariler as I will be moving out. grr, so I don't know what to do, should I countine taking the medication for it?
If I stop I know I will be four/five days without having a number two and be so bloated and in pain :sigh:

Never heard of luxalose, is it maybe Lactulose? If so then that's fine to take during pregnancy, as is Fybogel. However, despite not seeing your GP until next Friday, can you not just call your surgery and ask for a doctor to call you at home?

When I had a bit of a scare with my nephew having measles, I phoned up and just asked for someone to call me, and then did about 10 minutes later.

Congrats on the pregnancy by the way :)

Hun I totally know how you feel! I suffer terribly with constipation and I find pregnancy makes it much worse! I am preggers at mo and still take lactulose, my Doc prescribes it for me and like Sarah says it is perfectly safe.
Hope the move goes ok!! xx

Back