Laxido - TMI THREAD

HelsAngel

Silver Member
Hello minimincers!
I apologise in advance for the nature of this thread. It's not going to be pleasant.

I'm in week 9 of my plan. When I say I'm 100% I'm not exaggerating. I'm following it to the letter. After a disappointing July loss of just 2lbs (no gains, just 0.5lbs and a STS) I went to my doctor 2 weeks ago because I wasn't "going". This isn't a SW thing, it's been going on for a while. It can be anything from 4 days to 2 weeks between toilet visits. Doc reckoned I had a feacal impaction and prescribed me Laxido sachets. 4 a day. Things are moving shall we say, I've upped my water, I've upped my exercise from nothing and although I feel like I'm shrinking, the weight isn't shifting.

Basically, I wondered if anyone had ever had this, experienced this, knows anything about this because I really, really love this plan and want to stick at it but I'm losing heart every WI. Is it the medicine that's causing it (it's sugar free) or something else? I'm on a twelve week countdown so I'm not quitting!

Thanks in advance. :)

That can't be very nice for you, and very disheartening if you are 100% on plan. Could you do some sort of detox to try and get your system moving a bit? are you drinking enough water and getting enough fibre? Hope you start to feel better soon anyway xx

But you're losing just over 1lb a week on average, that's perfectly acceptable, SW is not a quick fix unfortunately! lol

As a nurse your body could be retaining water do the shock of all the things going on ie impacted then the Meds etc. Keep flushing the water out and it may take a little while to get your motions sorted which may then help weight loss. I'd also say do ur measurements as u may notice inches instead of pounds I'm a situ like this xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm not knocking my loss by any means. July did my head in because I really don't know how I could have improved on it. It's just so frustrating to put in all the work and exercise and try really hard for a 0.5 or a STS. I know I shouldn't compare with other people because we're all different, I've been handing out the same advice for other people on the forum, but at IT there's always people that are delighted with their 2-5 lb loss despite the "junk food" they had that week. I'm so on plan and so focussed and I've not gone over syns once. 3.5 lbs in 6 weeks is slow right? I know it's not a quick fix, I totally understand the healthy plan for life bit, that's why I love it so much but I just want a true reflection of the work I'm doing.

I'm sorry I sound like a moany old cow!

That must make you fell evry uncomfortable :(
As for your weightloss, I know how you feel.My Weight has come off slowly, and im prone to weight fluctuations at times of month or if I eat too much salt or not enough water. So I would say just keep at it. I Know how annoying it is to read on here about people who have 2-3lb losses even though they had said that they went well over syns, or had a dominos!! But people lose weight at different rates. And when I did Atkins a few years ago I lost about 40lb in about 4 months. I cut out carbs and didnt really enjoy the food in the end as your not aloud a slip up at all, the weight will be back on. Whereas with SW I can eat all food types within reason, and will be able to eat like this forever. Think of this as a LONG TERM plan x

Maybe you need to come off plan for a day and kick start your metabolism again.

Being on a low cal eating plan (I didn't want to say diet :D) your bodys metabolism will slow down. So people who have a takeaway a week sometimes do lose more because it shocks your metabolism back into gear.

So enjoy yourself for one meal in a week. Have a pizza go over syns (don't go too mental!!) and enjoy it and be straight back on plan afterwards to give your body a shock.

Otherwise it's change your eating habits to little and regular. Aim for 6 small meals a day so your tummy is always working keeping your metabolism high.

Keep your chin up at least you're lighter than you were last month :D

xx

Hi HelsAngel,
Looking at your stats your height and starting weight are almost the same as mine. You've lost 10 lbs in 2 months? I've lost 18 lbs in 7 months so my losses are less than yours. Also we don't have vast amounts to lose. It is disheartening when everyone else is losing twice as much but as I don't go to class I only have this site for comparison. I find that if I do more red days I seem to lose more. Think I just overdo the carbs on a green day. Can't get my head around EE at all. Maybe try different days to see if that gives a boost? Drinking water will obviously help with the toilet problem, When I up the water I feel better even if I don't lose huge amounts.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies. I really do appreciate you taking the time.

I'm drinking 2 litres of water a day plus tea and diet coke, I'm having scan bran every other day and oodles of fresh fruit and veg. I'm feeling a lot better about the whole thing today. I think I just put too much pressure on myself. Thursday night's mood is totally dominated by my WI and although it's a big part of my life at the moment, it's not all I have to think about and at the moment it seems to be controlling me rather than me, it!

I'm going to do a week of Red days as it's the only thing I haven't tried. Maybe like Supergran52, my body's not dealing well with the carbs.

Thanks again all. Let's just hope I run out of this stupid medicine soon and everything will be back to "normal". It tastes disgusting as well!! ;)

Back