Lazy so and so....

kerry b

Silver Member
Ok, so my OH hasnt been working this week. I have and it hasnt been the easiest of weeks at work. I got home today at 3.45 to find a sink full of dishes that I had to wash so i could make my son his dinner. While I was doing this I told OH that we were having soup for dinner, I made it last night and it was in the fridge.

After feeding our son, nipping to the shop, bathing said son, and doing stories and bedtime I sat down after I made a cup of tea. OH pipes up at 8pm "so are you doing anything for dinner or do i have to make my own?" Im sodding well speechless. He has sat on his backside all day and done absolutely nothing but Im expected to come home from work, sort everything in the house then warm him some soup up.

The lazy sod hasnt even made me a cup of tea:mad::mad::mad:

They all go through thoughtless stages occassionally. I found the most effective way of getting across how annoyed i am is to basically go on strike.

The answer to his question should have been . 'Yes - you do need to make yourself something. I'm having soup.' if he asks why you aren't making him any, politely remind him you have been out at work all day, came he, washed up, made dinner for son, put son to bed, and he's just sat there. He's as responsible for the meals as you are. Don't make him any. He will either get the message or starve. Guessing you aren't to bothered which at the moment.

Chin up hun x

Men eh! I once went to stay at my mums for a week and came back to a weeks worth of dishes and pots not washed plus a big laundery basket to do. I was so angry and he knew after that not to push it so now he cleans up after himself if i go to my mums x

kingleds said:
They all go through thoughtless stages occassionally. I found the most effective way of getting across how annoyed i am is to basically go on strike.

The answer to his question should have been . 'Yes - you do need to make yourself something. I'm having soup.' if he asks why you aren't making him any, politely remind him you have been out at work all day, came he, washed up, made dinner for son, put son to bed, and he's just sat there. He's as responsible for the meals as you are. Don't make him any. He will either get the message or starve. Guessing you aren't to bothered which at the moment.

Chin up hun x

What she said ^^^^^

Seriously though. Men can be pigs. They need a kick or a shove sometimes.

Try restricting ALL wifely duties. He'll soon get the hint :D

Wouldnt have minded so much if he had been busy or out and about but he said himself that the furthest he went was to the kitchen to make a cuppa ( and drop the used spoon into the sink for me to wash up).

... and no, i wasnt too bothered about food at that point. I like to relax for a bit before I eat.

As for "wifely duties" im too tired after cleaning up and sorting our son out:D

... and no, i wasnt too bothered about food at that point. I like to relax for a bit before I eat.

lol good one x

kerry b said:

Too right!!

Back