Le Sigh

Pickle81

I decided to try a week on Weight Watchers as I was bored of SW. The first few days were fab; having lots of points to spend on bread, cake etc.. But doing that triggered all my former bad eating habits and I have literally spent the last 4 days eating everything in sight - crisps, Dominos, indian, cake, sweets, chocolate.. I was 3.5lb from my 6st award last week and now I've probably gained half a stone (literally, I've been *that* bad). I'm not even going to WI tomorrow because I feel soooo crap :(

Weight watchers is the devil!! it doesnt promote healthy eating either!! Also once you have the bread and the sugar you start craving it! Go to weight in and you might be surprised that it isnt so bad? If you dont go to weigh in you might carry on being naughty?? xx

My mum gave me all her WW books and I was sooo excited to have a change.. I just feel incredibly low now :(
I don't feel like I can face people at SW tomorrow. When they ask me why I gained, I won't be able to lie, and will feel very foolish.
Grrrrr I'm so angry with myself!

If you are bored of SW, can i ask what is it on SW that you find boring?

My mum gave me all her WW books and I was sooo excited to have a change.. I just feel incredibly low now :(I don't feel like I can face people at SW tomorrow. When they ask me why I gained, I won't be able to lie, and will feel very foolish. Grrrrr I'm so angry with myself!
Just look how well you have done so far! dont go on the downward slope chick! pick yourself back up draw a line under it and im sure IF you have a gain you can reverse it for next week anyway? get plenty of superfree and water down you xx

Don't panic - you've done so well Pickle81! Maybe your week with Weight Watchers was an itch you just had to scratch; don't beat yourself up about it. Remember how well you've done - I can't wait to be in your position!

I don't think anyone at group would judge you for it, we all have our moments. At least you can get back on it now, if your bored of slimming world just try making a few different meals to what you usually have

Thank you all for the responses.. I know that the best thing to do is get straight back on SW and steer clear of WW!
As for what I found boring.. In all honesty, not being able to eat naughty foods. Some of the things I miss are so high in syns that there's no way to include them even in moderation which is why WW appealed to me with the weekly points allowance. Anyway, said itch has been truly scratched so time to stop wallowing and start planning. Xx

Well done for getting up and brushing yourself off! Its important to go to group if you gain though - everyone else will support you through a gain and you know it :) AND we've ALL been there! I don't think falling off the wagon every now and again is a bad thing either, in actual fact it probably kickstarts your metabolism. So go to group and plan plan plan x

Just get back on track now as you have done brilliantly so far. If you crave naughty stuff just have a look how its made and see if you can do a syn free or low syn version. I had a mexican meal with chicken bacon and cheese, so all i did was fillet a chicken breast and cook in frylight with mexican spices, put a couple of slices of bacon medallions under the grille then put it on the chicken with a low fat cheese slice and had syn free chips to. It was all free or HEX and tasted better than the mexican meal i had.

I tried WW for a week and whilst I swear I stuck to it I very much doubt I actually did as I put on 5lbs. I tried it cos I liked the idea of being able to eat Bagels.

Weight Watchers is a perfectly decent food plan, but it does give you a wider choice on what you can spend your points on and does require you to think for yourself a little bit more & choose wisely. SW is actually quite a lot more restrictive in this respect. You just can't have a full size chocolate bar and a bag of crisps and stay within your daily syns on SW, whereas you could eat that as part of your weekly points on WW.

Go to group, face the scales, get back on plan. It is NEVER as bad as you think its goona be!

Go to group. If you gain and they ask why just say you fell off the wagon (dont need to say you actually changed trains!) I'm terrible for not going when I've been bad (have missed the last 2 weeks because of this) but am going tonight as then hopefully I'll get back on track

Your human, you upped trains and fell off the wagon. Ive done myself so many times! dont beat yourself up and go for your weigh in so you can cringe and get it over and done with. Like craig said if you are missing things see if you can make a healthier version yourself!

I decided to try a week on Weight Watchers as I was bored of SW. The first few days were fab; having lots of points to spend on bread, cake etc.. But doing that triggered all my former bad eating habits and I have literally spent the last 4 days eating everything in sight - crisps, Dominos, indian, cake, sweets, chocolate.. I was 3.5lb from my 6st award last week and now I've probably gained half a stone (literally, I've been *that* bad). I'm not even going to WI tomorrow because I feel soooo crap :(
Hey hun - we all get diet fatigue now and then. I know I can't do WW - there's just too much bad stuff in there for me that I could claim was part of the "plan". You have been doing so brilliantly - just get over it right now! It's done - really nothing or no one can make you feel worse than you obviously do now, the scales may or may not suprise you. Just go and see.
Come on - from on top of the world and Miss Slinky to giving up over a few calories - don't give food that much importance.

:grouphugg:hugs.

P.S - what did you so desperately want that you couldn't have on SW? :rolleyes:

As for what I found boring.. In all honesty, not being able to eat naughty foods. Some of the things I miss are so high in syns that there's no way to include them even in moderation which is why WW appealed to me with the weekly points allowance.

Like what? There is nothing you can't have on SW. And I can't imagine there is anything of that nature that you could eat freely on WW either without it taking up a large percentage of your points and leaving you hungry for the rest of the time

PatchworkPuss said:
Like what? There is nothing you can't have on SW. And I can't imagine there is anything of that nature that you could eat freely on WW either without it taking up a large percentage of your points and leaving you hungry for the rest of the time

I think that might have been the OP's problem!

Just cos you can use all your points on a pizza doesn't mean you SHOULD!

There is plenty you can't have on SW in the portion sizes you would consider normal. So you can't have one of those cookies you get from the bakers without going over 15 syns, or a muffin from costs (20 syns! )

I see what you mean but my point was that if you want that muffin from Costa (or pizza for that matter) then you can still have it and still be completely on plan - you just can't have it every day, and that's a good thing lol :)

PatchworkPuss said:
I see what you mean but my point was that if you want that muffin from Costa (or pizza for that matter) then you can still have it and still be completely on plan - you just can't have it every day, and that's a good thing lol :)

Oh absolutely! I prefer the lack of choice on SW re 'naughty' foods personally!

Back