lean meat!

kae

gunna be a fatty for ever
Done my shopping today and could not find the extra lean mince anywhere!

Is lean mince the same if not how many syns is it?

sorry if its such an obvious question lol!

love katie
xxx

This is what the website says, but to be honest I have always used lean mince, drained the fat whilst cooking and it's never affetced by weight loss.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Beef, Beef, mince, lean 28g raw

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns

oooh thanks! still trying to get to grips with the website!

I was thinking i always drain the fat right off so was gunna just use that as free on original!

thanks for your help!

xxx

Just a suggestion here, but maybe you could keep a packet of Quorn mince in your freezer as a standby, just in case you can't get your lean mince at some time...

Ello matey;)

I use the lean and drain it, but i also often mix the smallest packet of lean mince with a pack of quorn mince..it tastes practically the same, and means that when i make spag bol/cottage pie there is loads so i can freeze portions for another day:)

As others have said I dont think it will harm if you drain the fat off

What I tend to do a lot now is use half the mince that a recipe requires and for the other half top up with mushrooms, courgette, carrot and onion, I find I dont even miss the rest of the mince and its cheaper to :D

Yeah i add loads of grated carrot and courgette....saw it on Gordon Ramsey once lol, makes it go so much further

well was scared outta the spag bol! hehe gunna do it tomoz and syn it i think just to be on safe side!

gunna add loadsa veggies to it tho! yum!

thanks for all the advice every one!

xxx

Back